2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Millwall - 6th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MILL
MILL
MILL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1659639653112.png vs. 1659639662544.png

Championship Week 2 - Saturday 6th August 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-millwall.605/

Officials:

Referee: David Coote
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nicholas Hopton
Fourth Official: Thomas Kirk

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1659639624330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Looks like the midfield combo of shit and shitter is the hill PH is willing to die on.

For me the main area that needed addressing during the window and it’s been woefully neglected which will ultimately be our undoing.

Gary Rowett doesn’t have to be a tactical genius.

1) sit on top of Norwood all game
2) leave Fleck alone and double up on a player like Ndiyae who will actually try.

I’m positive. I think we have better footballers than Millwall and we will all be celebrating 3 points this evening.
Well, I say all…there are some posters on here that will do their regular disappearing act when we win!
But then again you get the smug brigade when Norwood and Fleck play well who'll gloat and say they're right, then look like fools when they're crap again the next match. To that extent I'd say players who are that inconsistent due to their constant Jekyl and Hyde performances, that they divide fans opinions, shouldn't be here anymore, as there's balanced weight to both sides of the coin.

Great idea
Probably more creative players in the squad than we've ever had since the 1970's, and still the most boring, methodical football club on the planet cannot find a space for them.

Instead of sending them out to enjoy themselves, they'll be brought on in the 80th minute putting them under pressure to rescue something for us, and immediately getting their involvement with the club off to a downer

Just don’t get all this negativity
This was the team excluding mgw, which was in a shoot out, of getting us up.
A bit more positivity, please, and a bit less slagging our own off.
The negativity is about Fleck playing again when he's been awful for two and a half seasons, and Norwood being invisible in half of the matches he plays in and great the next. We've signed two exciting midfielders and neither are starting, despite the other two being awful on Monday. Add to that Coulibaly and Arblaster did well in pre-season and aren't even on the bench. That's why fans are negative. Because some of us are tired of watching the same mediocrity. Despite all of the positive results last season, we were absolutely dire to watch in so many games and we solely relied on Gibbs-White's individual brilliance to bail us out on so many occasions. Yes, we've only played one match but we've started with some of the same poor habits as last season including conceding a poor goal through our own doing and creating sod all at the other end.

Last edited:
I like consistency, so it’s good to see the Blades app/website is still the piece of utter clunky crap it was last year.

2 - 0 Blades. We will move the ball quicker (hopefully). Might have to wait until we get a couple of subs though

No way Norwood scoring from there, but appreciate gesture.

Talksport pundit v positive on how strong and clinical Ndiaye was

Anel looks the part. Cracking signing so far.

Nailed on to get injured next week, it's the Sheffield United way.

Who's the guy in the number 4 shirt? Reminds me of a player we once had back in 2019?

Brilliant chasing from Fleck, quality finish from Berge… not the first and won’t be the last time I say this but I Love Anel

Great goal. Berge headed the corner clear then ran the length of the pitch with a great finish for the goal.

Back
Top Bottom