2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Millwall - 6th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MILL
MILL
MILL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1659639653112.png vs. 1659639662544.png

Championship Week 2 - Saturday 6th August 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-millwall.605/

Officials:

Referee: David Coote
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nicholas Hopton
Fourth Official: Thomas Kirk

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1659639624330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

driving back today so & as i couldnt go a friend went in my place. so i was having to rely on 5 live for 1st half before i got Radio Sheffield for 2nd & im glad that (bar 1 shocker,) sounds like potential i felt we showed on mon. although i was in a minority it seemed 😁 for matching a team at away from home straight out of premier league

did translate to a great performance, as the 1st half seemed great & we had picked up where we left off v Fulham

Well played Blades particularly first half

They come at us second half and we held firm

One or two tired legs last quarter.

For me, Ndiaye Berge and Anel had great games

Rest of them did well but thought Norwood wasn’t at his best
Fleck excellent first half but ran out of juice,.

Would have taken any win so I'll certainly take that

It could have been a lot better, but the senior player had to take the penalty didn't he

Millwall are a typical tough and above average championship team so to look a class above them like we did in that first half says to me we're definite top 6 material

Anel was everything I wanted him to be but I'm just as pleased with Clark, who was betrer on the left

Ndiaye is developing at some rate, it really is impressive. He just needs to be capable of 90 mins. If he was he'd already be worth 10m

Brewster showed promise playing in from that left hand side, valuable match time for him

Berge motm, but that should be his baseline at this level, not his ceiling

Hecky unimaginative with the subs, at least Khadra should have been on, especially considering the appearance related clause to sign him permanently

Great first half, the missed penalty meant it felt like a bit of an anti climax at half time. Not the worst penalty, but I'd have liked Brewster get the chance to open his scoring account for the season. Dropped off too much for the first twenty minutes in the second half, but a comfortable win against a decent side in the end.

A good win but somehow feels like a draw/loss!
Norwood gives possession away far too much...too many blind passes!
Everyone, not just their keeper knew where that penalty was going!
Should have been a 4-0 win based on first half.

I hope all you glass half empty numpties are going to come back on this thread & accept how over reactionary you’ve been
I posted my prediction of 3~1 , and am sick and tired of the negativity towards both the players, tha management & the club,
If you ain’t happy go support the Wendies

Good to see Berge get more of a grip on the game and impressed with Anel, looked class and not afraid to maraud forwards. Disappointed not to see the other new lads though as we seemed to lose the midfield in the second half.

defensively a lot more solid . Result never in doubt . Just. kept them at bay second half.
Believe we could have moved up a gear if necessary but game management was the order of the day

How to deal with the shit housing from goalkeepers at penalties.
Norwood pics up ball - holds it - takes all the shit that the goalie offers - keeps the ball in his hand - when goalie eventually goes back to his place Brewster or someone comes up and blasts it in.

The negativity is about Fleck playing again when he's been awful for two and a half seasons, and Norwood being invisible in half of the matches he plays in and great the next. We've signed two exciting midfielders and neither are starting, despite the other two being awful on Monday. Add to that Coulibaly and Arblaster did well in pre-season and aren't even on the bench. That's why fans are negative. Because some of us are tired of watching the same mediocrity. Despite all of the positive results last season, we were absolutely dire to watch in so many games and we solely relied on Gibbs-White's individual brilliance to bail us out on so many occasions. Yes, we've only played one match but we've started with some of the same poor habits as last season including conceding a poor goal through our own doing and creating sod all at the other end.
Do you feel a bit silly now?

A good win but somehow feels like a draw/loss!

what reality do you live in

was as comfortable a win as you get against Millwall

don't get this deep desire to belittle every performance
look in a mirror. look at your mouth and try and try and turn up both ends ...its called a smile

we won its the done thing
or fucking should be

I hope all you glass half empty numpties are going to come back on this thread & accept how over reactionary you’ve been
I posted my prediction of 3~1 , and am sick and tired of the negativity towards both the players, tha management & the club,
If you ain’t happy go support the Wendies
Half of ‘em already do mate; therein lies the problem.

what reality do you live in

was as comfortable a win as you get against Millwall

don't get this deep desire to belittle every performance
look in a mirror. look at your mouth and try and try and turn up both ends ...its called a smile

we won its the done thing
or fucking should be
Missing the penalty just before half time knocked the wind out of us.
2nd half Millwall came out to attack and we had to go defensive.
This should have been a 4-0 win but felt like we were hanging on for a draw!

And Norwood gives away so much possession!
And that penalty!!! The keeper knew where he'd put, I knew where he was going to put it.
If I was the manager I'd be disappointed on that 2nd half performance.

But, Anel MoM for me with Ndiaye a close 2nd.
3points on the board, but we so obviously can do better.

Missing the penalty just before half time knocked the wind out of us.
2nd half Millwall came out to attack and we had to go defensive.
This should have been a 4-0 win but felt like we were hanging on for a draw!

And Norwood gives away so much possession!
And that penalty!!! The keeper knew where he'd put, I knew where he was going to put it.
If I was the manager I'd be disappointed on that 2nd half performance.

But, Anel MoM for me with Ndiaye a close 2nd.
3points on the board, but we so obviously can do better.
that's a positive. we can fdo better
Millwall reacted I'd expect us to if 2-0 down

we aren't Liverpool we have. a selection of loans and some. youngsters

I'd bet thousands Wednesday fans are nt moaning. winning with a penalty and only having 33 per cent possession
be pissing the league with their superstars

we win and slag offv half the team off

go figure

that's a positive. we can fdo better
Millwall reacted I'd expect us to if 2-0 down

we aren't Liverpool we have. a selection of loans and some. youngsters

I'd bet thousands Wednesday fans are nt moaning. winning with penLty
Give or take a couple of players, we have got are very good squad at the moment and therefore there's an expectation that we could and will do better.

Enjoyed that, shame they didn't keep it going second half, but some good performances and miles better than last week.

Well played Blades particularly first half

They come at us second half and we held firm

One or two tired legs last quarter.

For me, Ndiaye Berge and Anel had great games

Rest of them did well but thought Norwood wasn’t at his best
I thought he was at his best, which unfortunately is not good enough.

Well done today, we could have imploded second half against their hoofwaffe but we defended well.

First half was a cracking performance, if we’d scored the pen we’d have got 5.

Not gonna lie, the reputation of the Millwall fans, meaning my Beer Target was only serving in plastic put the mockers on our attempt at The Cannonball Run. We're going to try again tomorrow. Enjoyable game though. Lots to work with. And, my memory will see that second as a rare Counter Attack Goal. Anyway, I've rushed the Blog out...

Back
Top Bottom