2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Millwall - 6th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MILL
MILL
MILL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1659639653112.png vs. 1659639662544.png

Championship Week 2 - Saturday 6th August 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-millwall.605/

Officials:

Referee: David Coote
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nicholas Hopton
Fourth Official: Thomas Kirk

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1659639624330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

They're not even present day Milan but they're the most awkward niggliest set of badtards we ever come up against and we are consistently too weak to beat them, especially at home

Unless the plan for first subs is to drop Berge deeper and free Khadra or McAtee, I'm concerned

Opted for those two shitcunts again. What a time to be alive 🙌
Team that got us close to promotion with an improvement in Anel.

Brewster & NDiaye need to step up as the MGW & NDiaye we saw in the last few games.

Happy to see RND wing back, Clark needs to improve though on what I’ve seen so far

What was the point in signing Khadra and McAtee when Fleck and Norwood get to start every match regardless of how crap or inconsistent they are? Hecky picks his favourites again. What a shock! I've no doubt that if Stevens was fit he'd have been picked too.

What the fuck do Fleck and Nogood have to do to get dropped FFS.
Who do you play instead? Fleck could drop for Khadra & move Berge back but I don’t see anyone who can come in for Norwood. Coulibaly isn’t ready (although he should be on the bench) & Arblaster has played 2 senior friendlies.

Long term id like to see Berge & Doyle

"Ere boss, I noticed I'm not in the squad this week, what's going on?"

- thing is John I'm just not sure you've performed it training and your appearance in the week wasn't all that great

"Oh I see... well I think I'll do a lot better this weekend don't you? Or do I have to get the Prince on the phone and tell him about 'that' weekend?"

I joke, I think Fleck can be very good at times but the last few times I've seen him he's been a bit meh. Would be nice to try alternatives!

What was the point in signing Khadra and McAtee when Fleck and Norwood get to start every match regardless of how crap or inconsistent they are? Hecky picks his favourites again. What a shock! I've no doubt that if Stevens was fit he'd have been picked too.

It is almost like they play different positions!

It is almost like they play different positions!
Then change the formation or what was the point in signing them? If they don't suit our system then they're a wasted signing. Hecky is too cautious. Same players. Same tactics. Same response to going behind in matches, which is stick with the plan that doesn't work but make like for like subs. He needs to grow a pair of balls.

Last edited:
Hecky knows who is fit to start and who isn’t. Round pegs in round holes and plenty of options on the bench. UTB

Wow. It's not funny now, I don't understand what Hecky sees when picking Jimmy F. I feel that most of our defensive frailties & dearth of chances for the forwards can be traced back to our midfield just not being up to it anymore. I don't usually criticise players when under performing but despite the great things Fleck in particular has achieved for us he has to be playing on borrowed time. It's sad but there is no room for sentiment in football.

I would say that at least the bench looks very strong, but Hecky is reluctant to make changes at the best of times.

Come on lads prove me wrong! COYRWW.

Your match day experience will be enhanced by a new generation of stewards obsessed with ensuring you walk down the right gang way. Lot of arguments going on already.

Still not sure why when my season ticket has been scanned on the turnstiles I have to produce it again when I get to the Shoreham entrance.

Back
Top Bottom