Match Thread Sheffield United v. Millwall - 6th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MILL
MILL
MILL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1659639653112.png vs. 1659639662544.png

Championship Week 2 - Saturday 6th August 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-millwall.605/

Officials:

Referee: David Coote
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nicholas Hopton
Fourth Official: Thomas Kirk

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1659639624330.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Expecting pretty much a similar game as at Watford I think Egan will be out so Bash back and Maybe Anel if he’s a available and RND replaces Stevens at LWB.

Don’t expect any changes in midfield and up front due to fitness issues so the lack of creativity will be the issue again

Fingers crossed as a Draw would be a decent result, but can see us losing 0-1 or 1-2 though.

Im amazed that the Police didnt insist on a lunchtime K.O. to be honest. Nice to know they think they can handle it.
Millwall's first away match, 2k+ following, our first home match.
What could possibly go wrong ?

UTB
1270 walls

Good to get this defeat out of the way nice and early, it's just a pity it's the first home game that gets ruined.

Expecting pretty much a similar game as at Watford I think Egan will be out so Bash back and Maybe Anel if he’s a available and RND replaces Stevens at LWB.

Don’t expect any changes in midfield and up front due to fitness issues so the lack of creativity will be the issue again

Fingers crossed as a Draw would be a decent result, but can see us losing 0-1 or 1-2 though.
Agreed that’s how I see it panning out, maybe see Khadra and McAtee on about 70 mins when we’re 2 down.

Hopefully Anel plays and will mark Cooper. McAtee straight in the side no fucking about. Let's take.it to them.
Wes
Anel, Basham, Clarke
Baldock,Norwood, Fleck, McAtee, Berge
Ndiaye, Khadra
"Let's take it to them", and you've got Fleck in the side!?

And then I see your next post!!😂

Prediction;

Wes
Bash Egan Clark
Baldock Nogood Jimmy RND
Berge Ndiaye
Sharp

Minimum inspiration is the order of the day. Need to leave it at least 20 games until we play our best players.

Some real negativity re todays result on here .

FFS it’s Millwall not Man City
Just seemed to be no clear game plan against Watford and I don't see that changing in less than a week.

Plus its not like hecky is the type of manager to blood new players straight from the off.

Expecting 0-0 or 0-1 to Millwall

I don't expect us to win today, I still think we're some way off finding our feet - so the result isn't what I'll be looking for at this stage.

I just want to see some decent patterns of play with the ball.
I want to see the CF linking with the two 10s and I want to see that Anel and Clark are close to being ready and that we're not going to be waiting 5-10 games for them to get up to speed. This would concern me.
And hopefully no more confidence damaging individual disastrous displays as at Watford (Clark, Lowe, Fleck...)
Let's just look comfortable in possession, create some opportunities and defend as a unit.
If we lose or draw by a conceded set-play, screw it. I still think there's a lot of potential in this side once it hits the ground.

Prediction;

Wes
Bash Egan Clark
Baldock Nogood Jimmy RND
Berge Ndiaye
Sharp

Minimum inspiration is the order of the day. Need to leave it at least 20 games until we play our best players.

Sharp is nowhere near match fit enough to start.

Happy bunch aren’t we

I’m not depressed about the Watford game

And I’m confident we will have worked through last weeks deficiencies

3-1 blades

This is cheerful reading, been looking forward to it, usual positive feeling at the beginning of the season and you read this shit, think I'll tune in to the news and read about the rate of inflation, price of fuel, gas etc and the situation in Ukraine and Taiwan yeah, that'll do it, UTB.

It's a bugger when the grammar police have to intervene in the Met police's case load but shouldn't that be 'all of these?'

Reminds me of a Ted Lowe quote:

"Steve Davis comes to the table with 3 reds remaining and he's snookered on both of them".

Might not have been Davis, I can't find it. Might not have been Ted Lowe for that matter.

0-2 millwall today, we’re not ready yet and like every season apart from first back in the prem, we start extremely slowly, millwall back line will eat up everything we try and throw at them- they’ll score from a couple of set pieces.

Im amazed that the Police didnt insist on a lunchtime K.O. to be honest. Nice to know they think they can handle it.
Millwall's first away match, 2k+ following, our first home match.
What could possibly go wrong ?

UTB
Yeah I agree, although 4 of our last 5 games against them have been Saturday 3pm

Happy bunch aren’t we

I’m not depressed about the Watford game

And I’m confident we will have worked through last weeks deficiencies

3-1 blades
This

0-2 millwall today, we’re not ready yet and like every season apart from first back in the prem, we start extremely slowly, millwall back line will eat up everything we try and throw at them- they’ll score from a couple of set pieces.
We’re not ready yet to beat millwall at BL - oh dear

Some real negativity re todays result on here .

FFS it’s Millwall not Man City

Indeed, that certain people think that someone playing at the back for them is a lanky Lionel Messi doesn't make it so

Jebbison instead then, he's a suitably uninspiring and threat free alternative against that defence
Can I sit next to you please

We can call Norwood Mr Nogood and slag off our young striker - bet you’ve got lots more that would be side splitting

I don't like the idea of a "bogey" team. Different players, different ground conditions different referee making different decisions etc. Hard to make a comparison.

Back
Top Bottom