Outgoing? Sharp to Celtic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
Interest from up there, would bang them in if used right. Could see him being tempted by that! His missus is Scottish isn’t she?

Interest from up there, would bang them in if used right. Could see him being tempted by that! His missus is Scottish isn’t she?
He is best (IMO) carrying on with us ... he is 33 and is living his dream (even as a bit part player). Sadly Mark Duffy has hardly enjoyed dropping down a level and that is a real shame.... Being a 'bit part' is better than being a 'no part.'

Having a role coming off the bench for your boyhood club in the Prem is infinitely better than coming off the bench for Celtic in the Mickey Mouse league. There's no way he's ousting Edouard from the team and he'll instead be rivaling Griffiths for an occasional run out (against teams like Hamilton and Ross County).

Wouldn’t blame him if he was tempted, might be a shit league but they’re still in the Europa League

He’d bag for fun there if guaranteed games. Be a great experience for him too at a huge club like that.

That said, I love Billy and hope he stays with us. My hero!

Screenshot_20200105-124544_Chrome.jpg£1.5 for Sharp.......................fuck off!

Are they on another planet up in Celtic?? 1.5m? Just like they wanted Baldock for 3m!! We are an England Premier league team not Scotland..

Can't see it unless it was on loan or as part of another deal. A 33 year old doesn't fit their business model at all.

Are they on another planet up in Celtic?? 1.5m? Just like they wanted Baldock for 3m!! We are an England Premier league team not Scotland..

Out of interest, how much do you think Sharp is worth? A 33 year old with 18 months left on his ~£25k/week contract?

On paper a 33 year old with 18 months 1.5m is about right. On proposition, someone who will score goals and give a better chance for promotion from championship or champions in Scotland is far greater rewarding financially as he is proven. It's supply and demand.. there's a high demand for a proven goalscorer but little supply. Thus pushing up price a tad more than 1.5m and is beyond the on paper he's a fat kid from sheffield aged 33.

Should consider him part of a deal for kamara

i cant believe we are so ready for him to leave, he still turns out for us (albeit from bench), he is our captain and he is a club legend. Just imagine the dressing room without him... that is why he is indispensable

I could only see him leaving for the states or china for big money should they come calling, before a swift return to bdtbl for coaching duties upon retiring

So. Either.

“Knock on my door, I’ll show you the door”

or.

“you’re a squad player only. Be happy with a bit part”.

Stinks tbph.

UTB

Sharp still has plenty to give, his last 2 performances against the two best teams in the country, and top 5 in the world, should show that to everyone.

He will get us a few goals more yet, and his talismanic nature is invaluable. Plus him going would be fucking depressing and we don't need that in the middle of our first season back in the Prem, would really put a downer on things.

Really don't see how Billy Sharp leaving will put a downer on our season.

I would be worried that his influence in the dressing room is invaluable plus he still offers a threat on the pitch. I'd not like to see Sharp go before the end of the season, unless Billy wants to go and that does present a different situation.

He's been given an unreasonably low amount of playing time this season.

When you consider how long Robinson has spent on the pitch at his expense doing absolutely nothing, it's a little bit sickening.

Hopefully he stays because at the very least I feel he's an important character to have in the squad.

If that header against City rolls over the line then everyone's saying he has to stay.

Really don't see how Billy Sharp leaving will put a downer on our season.

Club legend, club captain, integral in both of our recent promotions, Sheffielder, ray of light during Adkins, good bloke.

It'd be like your parents selling your childhood home for a shitty little bungalow, you'd carry on but there'd be a deep, long lasting sense of being utterly gutted for me.

He's been given an unreasonably low amount of playing time this season.

When you consider how long Robinson has spent on the pitch at his expense doing absolutely nothing, it's a little bit sickening.

Hopefully he stays because at the very least I feel he's an important character to have in the squad.

If that header against City rolls over the line then everyone's saying he has to stay.
Everyone except the bloke who’s opinion counts the most !

UTB

Everyone except the bloke who’s opinion counts the most !

UTB
Who happens to be the one who oversees the training on a daily basis and under whose watch we've risen from mid-table League One to top half of the Premier League in 42 months.

Sharp did OK against Liverpool when he came on except that all his touches were in midfield. He's offered next to no goal threat in his appearances so far - a goal against Bournemouth and a header against the post at City is all I can remember.

Who happens to be the one who oversees the training on a daily basis and under whose watch we've risen from mid-table League One to top half of the Premier League in 42 months.

Sharp did OK against Liverpool when he came on except that all his touches were in midfield. He's offered next to no goal threat in his appearances so far - a goal against Bournemouth and a header against the post at City is all I can remember.
Aye.

Kinda thought that would have been stating the bleedin obvious but hey ho.

As would my questioning of the gaffers judgement in this matter !!
UTB

Wilder must have something up his sleeve to replace him

Back
Top Bottom