Zapata & Muriel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6Blademan

Reaction score
It would appear that our transfer team are running about about like headless chickens chasing the same targets and ending up it getting them

There are proven players on the continent who who are 30 and would be comfortably our best striker who we could pick up on a loan or a fee much less than we are prepared to pay

I would be after Muriel / Zapata who have smashed it up at Atalanta for years and are not starters and you wouldn’t expect to pay a large fee for

There are plenty of players like these but we seem to not be able to think outside the box in terms of targets

I like archer but he isn’t proven , we need proven players

Archer is the exact same signing as when we signed Brewster

It would appear that our transfer team are running about about like headless chickens chasing the same targets and ending up it getting them

There are proven players on the continent who who are 30 and would be comfortably our best striker who we could pick up on a loan or a fee much less than we are prepared to pay

I would be after Muriel / Zapata who have smashed it up at Atalanta for years and are not starters and you wouldn’t expect to pay a large fee for

There are plenty of players like these but we seem to not be able to think outside the box in terms of targets

We were told at the start of the window that we would be going for younger players with sell on value. We won't be going for players like this, even if we think they would offer us something.

It might not sound good to us as fans, but we are clearly thinking more about next season in the champ than we are this season in the Prem.

The wages for these type of players will be ridiculous you have to imagine

Who both play for Colombia, have been huge stars in Serie A and are both rumoured to be signing for Roma?? They'll both be on a bleeding fortune

If you mean based on rumours and attention seeker fake ITK posters our recruitment team is running around like headless chickens then I would agree with you. But really we don't know what they are doing.
You appear to want the club to sign players who are over 30 and can't get in their own first teams. I guess then we could moan about signing players who want to add to their pensions

Zapata & Muriel sounds like a cabaret magic act.
Magic-Manuscript-_June_July-1981-3bb.jpg

These lads were class on fifa a few years back.

Thought you’d appreciate this thrilling insight

If you mean based on rumours and attention seeker fake ITK posters our recruitment team is running around like headless chickens then I would agree with you. But really we don't know what they are doing.
You appear to want the club to sign players who are over 30 and can't get in their own first teams. I guess then we could moan about signing players who want to add to their pensions

I want the club to sign players who will keep us up and be successful

30 is the new 25

Look at strikers like benzema , Edin dzeko even our Bill

A player at 30 could play close to 40 if they wanted too and they are dedicated enough

Concentrating on just signing early 20 year olds is great but they are mostly unproven and are probably a bigger risk than signings 30 year olds for lower fees and shorter contracts

There is a balance to strike 🤷‍♂️

I have a bit of general inside knowledge from someone who knows Bettis well, assures me we aren’t running around like headless chickens. Hasn’t been like that in the past so why now? Anyone like that wouldnt last 2 minutes as a chief exec and would be sacked.

They have a list which Hecky has agreed and we are cooly chasing the options and refusing to get excited or panic.

The problem is we can’t control the sellers. If they assume we’re desperate, which to a degree we are, then they’ll try to take the piss.

So there’s a decision to be made, do we bend over and jet ourselves be shafted?

I’d say, stay strong, have pride making cool business based decisions. It’s not over till it’s over. Wait until the window shuts then make a judgement.

The problem has been the late planning. The Prince naturally left all the decisions to the new owner and waited for the takeover to happen. Everything has been left until the last minute, seeking clubs know we’re desperate do their adding on a desperation tax which at the moment we’re reluctance to pay over valuation.

Last edited:
I want the club to sign players who will keep us up and be successful

30 is the new 25

Look at strikers like benzema , Edin dzeko even our Bill

A player at 30 could play close to 40 if they wanted too and they are dedicated enough

Concentrating on just signing early 20 year olds is great but they are mostly unproven and are probably a bigger risk than signings 30 year olds for lower fees and shorter contracts

There is a balance to strike 🤷‍♂️
But all I am saying if we sign anyone over 30 this whole forum would kick off

streams from very important person box dot lc are working currently but I am using a imac not phone

Muriel would have our fans tearing their hair out he’s the laziest player going, huge talent but terribly lazy

Supposedly off to Germany. Zapata is going to Roma on loan with an obligation to buy.

If anything we should have taken a look at the Latte-Lath who boro signed from Atalanta have a feeling he will do very well for Boro and for £4.5m and only 24 I think.

Loose Atalanta link just seen Malinovsky joined Genoa from Marseille for the year. Great player and pretty low wages considering. Would have been a great AM for us albeit 30 now

The title sounds like a movie about young Spanish dance instructor giving an older Lady a new lease of life in a ballroom dancing competition, after her husband of many years sadly passed away, leaving her partnerless as the big competition approaches, only to step in and help her to win it in his memory.

God Bless. 😉

How can any of us know who are the club’s targets and whether the players you mention are remotely interested in moving to Sheffield ?

I like the idea of us getting an established striker on loan from overseas (as per the original post). 30 is arguably still in prime, but with little sell on value, so a loan makes sense. It would allow Jebbo or Osula to get a good championship loan so they can hopefully come back as the main man in 12 months (assuming they sign new contracts). It also keeps our domestic loan spots free and while it may be expensive for a year, it wouldn't be a financial burden if we go down.

Back
Top Bottom