CONFIRMED Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anybody know if I'll be able to buy an adult ticket with my Dad's account with him being classed as "senior" on the ticketing system?

Jesus wept. Our 1925 cup final v Cardiff had an attendance of 91,763. How the hell did our fans cope then??

with extra time and penalties another 1 hour max be all out for 7.30 pm
around 6.40 pm if we win in ordinary time

gets everyone away from wembley before 7 or 8 pm to get trains and coaches

FA and TV care more about viewing figures then fans at the game. Anyone at another match will miss at least half the game and probably all of it.

FA might argue it will stop fans going to a match if they’d rather watch the semifinal, which is the argument they use for the blackout but it’s bollocks. I doubt anyone is going to say they won’t be going to watch their team because they might miss a game on TV.

United should put on free transport to the match.
They need to offer an incentive to combat the ticketing prices for supporters.
They might even sell out the 34,000.

Points system has been going, what, nearly 20 years now? Why should someone who's been to a home game less than twice a decade have rights to a ticket?
Depends how you look at it. My daugther is 8, she's been to a couple of away matches and a couple of home matches, she has a season ticket that she's not bothered about using every week, I bought it because I know it will get used by other people, either my eldest's mates and eventually my youngest son. My daughter plays football and the hope is that eventually she wants to watch the Blades, so I'll keep buying it. She also gets a couple of kits a year. She'll have over 5k points but I don't think she's 'deserving' over a lot of other fans. She's coming to Wembley though.

One of my son's mates has had the ticket a few times this season, he likes the Blades, has kits, but football isn't his first sport but if his mum or dad took him he'd probably go every week. He has a customer number but 0 points. Is he less deserving of a final ticket than my daughter?

If in the past, people have bought a family ST, do the children involved get any loyalty points? If not, that's quite the anomaly.

Depends how you look at it. My daugther is 8, she's been to a couple of away matches and a couple of home matches, she has a season ticket that she's not bothered about using every week, I bought it because I know it will get used by other people, either my eldest's mates and eventually my youngest son. My daughter plays football and the hope is that eventually she wants to watch the Blades, so I'll keep buying it. She also gets a couple of kits a year. She'll have over 5k points but I don't think she's 'deserving' over a lot of other fans. She's coming to Wembley though.

One of my son's mates has had the ticket a few times this season, he likes the Blades, has kits, but football isn't his first sport but if his mum or dad took him he'd probably go every week. He has a customer number but 0 points. Is he less deserving of a final ticket than my daughter?

I'm primarily talking about your average bloke in the street. There's always going to be fringe cases of kids maybe not quite having the requisite points, and usually the ticket office is able to smooth them over. What it's there for is the reverse of someone like me, who has a booking history with Manchester City, buying a ticket in their end (not that I'd likely be able to in reverse, as despite multiple people having said "they're not selling out", they currently have zero plans to extend their ticket distribution beyond season ticket holders)

Right last post on this ,there will be a big crowd with many people from both Sheffield and Manchester enjoying a day down south .then there will be people from Manchester and Sheffield not enjoying a great day down south .

That screws over a number of people I know.

This 500 loyalty points thing is so, so dumb.
I think it’s a mixed bag personally.

They should have removed the requirement for kids tickets, or just left it at “prior purchasing history” for all.

I was considering taking my daughter who has only been to the Blackburn QF and will miss out as a result (that’s by the by as it would be too late for her with the kick off and travelling back etc)

That said I know so many people who can never be arsed to set up an account and are always asking other people to buy them tickets because they reckon it’s too complicated (people in their 30s this is who do everything online) This comes round every time there is a big game and they never learn.

Whichever way the club do it, it’ll be a source of people moaning.

“The tickets have to printed out on parchment?! But I sold my last goat for 6 h’appennys!”

The 500 loyalty points can be overcome by asking a friend or family member and moonlighting for a day. We used to queue overnight in the pissing rain for tickets. Now we’re mumping about only have a couple of weeks to find a printer to print the tickets.

It’ll be reyt, find a way or don’t and watch on the box! :)

Last edited:
Thought the 500 loyalty point thing might be to ensure only genuine fans attend. But Man City don't appear to have a similar restriction.

Perhaps it'll get removed and become a free for all (jealous Wednesday fans can see Wembley) if not all sold out after the initial "general sale".

The strangest thing in my opinion is the delay to buy tickets. Man City fans can start buying a week earlier.

I’m going to weigh it up

Pay £100 for a ticket - £75 for petrol - £25 for food - travel on M1 - que in traffic - pay for parking - get home about 1am - see us lose (again) - drive home depressed and sober ……

Or

Take dog for a walk - have a nice lunch and quality glass of wine - watch the build up and the whole match on 65inch TV - have a couple of beers before - during - after - send out for a takeaway - relax after match - end night with another quality wine - go to bed

It’s a fkin hard choice
Wine before beer?? My god.

Why does the SUFC ticket office make it so hard to buy tickets for a game? Why the need for 500 loyalty points surely a purchasing history is enough? Print at home is a joke too why not mobile tickets too? Lastly why the delay in putting them on sale?
I think the problem is its ingrained into the psyche of those responsible for selling tickets, the organ grinders not the office staff. The first thought is to consider the potential for opposition fans getting into the Blades end. The closer the opposition are to us geographically the higher the bar hence 500 points this time for fear of marauding hordes of mancs coming over the pennines to buy up our general sale tickets.

Man City are only selling to season ticket holders and have in excess of 34k registered but the consensus on their forums is they will not sell their allocation out and any floating fans can pick up tickets from those not going. My 2 close friends who are season ticket holders and not bothered about the semi are of the same view. The overriding problem is when it comes to ticket sales at SUFC its a fear of trouble thats the priority and not the interests of SUFC fans. This is as a result of SAG pressure over the years having an impact.

Common sense dictates discretion will be given to ticket staff to allow sales to young family members who fall below the threshold of 500 points. Then again when has common sense and SUFC off field operations been uttered in the same sentence. Unfortunately if any discretion is delegated down it's likely to come too late to for many to organise travel arrangements.

As for the weeks delay the conclusion you can draw from the statement is they have prioritised the larger income stream of season tickets and league games over FA Cup administration basically because we are skint and need as much money in as possible. They've said as much. We don't seem to be capable of juggling two plates at once. Whether this is down to a lack of resources and the capability of systems as far as printing is concerned we can only speculate.

Consistent with past ticketing experiences we have contrived to create a communication buggers muddle. You do have to feel sorry for the ticketing staff who will bear the brunt of fans ire when inevitably problems arise, not least I suspect with the e mail upload on Wednesday 19th. The fire should be directed at those upstairs for exhibiting a continuing lack of effective management.

For anyone who has kids (or adults) who want to go but they don’t have the points, I may have found a workaround.

In our 2 Championship and first PL seasons under Wilder the club had a scheme to help local communities (I forget the name) but local groups could apply for a block of tickets and sell them to their group members then send half the money to SUFC and keep half to spend on their own project.

My daughter (then 8yo) went to around 15 games on this scheme through school and various youth clubs, she never had an account with SUFC, but these were legitimately purchased tickets for her own use, as opposed to her using someone else’s account to get the tickets.

The point is, if she now wanted to go to Wembley she wouldn’t be able to get a ticket under the current rules (but she has attended 15 games with her own ticket).

It might be worth giving the ticket office a ring and telling this story if you want tickets for non-registered friends/family and see where it gets you, worth a try.

Anybody know if I'll be able to buy an adult ticket with my Dad's account with him being classed as "senior" on the ticketing system?

No - you will only be able to buy a senior ticket.

I have a senior season ticket and I once nearly accidentally bought a full price one for a game once. You never know, he might ne able to do the same

Similar issue on my end. Have the points if it goes to general sale, but wanted to get a ticket with my stepdad and brothers so we're sat together. Tried seeing if I could use my grandads season ticket to buy an adult ticket. Ticket office said I'd need to buy it, then pay the extra for an adult one? However the info says they can't be changed once bought so no clue
Ironically , when I tried yesterday I could buy an adult ticket for burnley with a senior one it would let me. Now it wont

I have a senior season ticket and I once nearly accidentally bought a full price one for a game once. You never know, he might ne able to do the same
You could previously but for the last couple of seasons they would only sell me a senior ticket.

They seem to have linked season ticket category and/or date of birth to your account profile.

I’m going to weigh it up

Pay £100 for a ticket - £75 for petrol - £25 for food - travel on M1 - que in traffic - pay for parking - get home about 1am - see us lose (again) - drive home depressed and sober ……

Or

Take dog for a walk - have a nice lunch and quality glass of wine - watch the build up and the whole match on 65inch TV - have a couple of beers before - during - after - send out for a takeaway - relax after match - end night with another quality wine - go to bed

It’s a fkin hard choice
And you're a fucking part timer.

😉😂

Back
Top Bottom