CONFIRMED Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Difficult without knowing the membership numbers.

Yeah wondered if anyone had an idea of this.

It‘s really hard to gauge demand because a lot of people reasonably pissed off about timing etc. and with ST renewals happening simultaneously.

I don’t really want to risk not getting tickets because I’d happily go on my own, just would also be shit to end up sat apart.

How many tickets do we think will make it to general sale? I’m a ST holder but my mate isn’t, so ideally would like to wait and get our tickets together

Reckon we’ll be more than fine if we’re on it the morning it gets to general?
There will be thousands left for general

Well you’d know if you’d got the money but the logistical issues you raise are spot on.

In general yes, but there are some who are on the edge 50/50 about being able to go. If its £100 all in then fine, but because of the delay it might end up being £200 with increased transport/accomodation costs in which case people may think 'ah that's too much' then leave it. And that's a generous calculation based on one person.

Will I be able to get three tickets sat together? Worried if I’ve got to log in three times with each ticket then I won’t be able to do it.

How many tickets do we think will make it to general sale? I’m a ST holder but my mate isn’t, so ideally would like to wait and get our tickets together

Reckon we’ll be more than fine if we’re on it the morning it gets to general?
Anyone who wants a ticket and can afford one will almost certainly get one. Good chance we don't sell out I'd think especially with 2000 of the tickets at 100 or 120 quid a go.

Plus with it been online only that makes ot more difficult for some of our support and will stop mates being able to sit together

Anyone who wants a ticket and can afford one will almost certainly get one. Good chance we don't sell out I'd think especially with 2000 of the tickets at 100 or 120 quid a go.

Plus with it been online only that makes ot more difficult for some of our support and will stop mates being able to sit together

Yeah that’s what I was thinking really. Probably gonna ask the ticket office if moving seat is possible once it gets to general sale, if not then will just wait it out.

In general yes, but there are some who are on the edge 50/50 about being able to go. If its £100 all in then fine, but because of the delay it might end up being £200 with increased transport/accomodation costs in which case people may think 'ah that's too much' then leave it. And that's a generous calculation based on one person.

Fair point FM

There is a limit on advance tickets, yes. But if you roll up to St Pancras at quarter past nine, you will still be able to walk up to the ticket office and ask for a single to Sheffield. It may not be a good idea if you see 2,000 pissed up Blades crammed around platform 4, but they will still sell you a ticket. It's a train, not a plane.

And of course, that is all dependent on the negotiations between the Government and the RMT going well. If it doesn't then there is still time for a strike to be announced for that date.

Jesus mate. You made a light hearted reply to a post suggesting you were from a mental asylum. I merely added to the joke that you appeared to be playing along to.

You don't seem to have taken offence to GodricBlade suggesting you were mental in the first place?!?
I assumed the smiley at the end of my post would have suggested that it was just a joke and i wasn't for one minute suggesting that you are actually mental.

See below for full context.
I cant belive you have just thrown GodricBlade under the bus like that, Snitches get stiches :D

I think cost of living pressures and general regard for its supporters are pretty much bottom of SUFC's priorities at the moment. They (he) need money, and they need it ASAP.

Well if they need the money ASAP then put them all on sale now.

The club doesn't get a cut of the increased accomodation/transport costs that people have to fork out because of the delay.

Can someone ring the club tomorrow to raise this? (I would but I'm at work)

£100 ones will be gone in one hour

It says "Tickets coming soon" on Trainline. I wonder if they're putting on extra trains or carriages or something? I'm sure if they're cheaper us that have already booked seats will be bleeding delighted
It looks like they are, you can request to receive email when they are announced

Care to explain any other reasoning behind it?

Firstly, l should apologise for being a cunt, but it’s based on what the reality is. And l do know what l’m talking about.

Our football clubs “tax year” ends on 30th June. The 5th April year end you reference relates to Payroll. Payroll. Nothing to do with the timing of season ticket sales. Nothing.

£1.50 booking fee? Are they having a fucking laugh when you have to print your own ticket.
I dont understand this booking fee (wtf) is it for ? Basically they might as well increase the price of the ticket -. The cup matches against Spurs and BLackburn were electronic tickets so why do they need to charge a fucking booking fee ?

And of course, that is all dependent on the negotiations between the Government and the RMT going well. If it doesn't then there is still time for a strike to be announced for that date.
If the RMT announces a strike for the weekend of the FA cup semi finals and the London marathon then any last remaining public sympathy for the train crews' cause will evaporate. That one would be laid almost entirely at the feet of the union and the Government would weaponise it.

Well played United, you called my bluff in knowing I’m a day tripper with not enough loyalty points. Now you’ve managed to get me to buy Wigan, Cardiff, Bristol City and West Brom tickets as well as a semi final ticket 😂

Touche

I’m not even sure how train companies can be sure of capacity with open return tickets. Realistically there’s only 2 trains we can all get back on. With a bit of luck we might get the 8:30 one (I half think they might hold that one to get people on it tbh).

Surely they couldnt sell out of tickets for a specific train and then expect a whole load of open returns to jump on that train as well.

Well played United, you called my bluff in knowing I’m a day tripper with not enough loyalty points. Now you’ve managed to get me to buy Wigan, Cardiff, Bristol City and West Brom tickets as well as a semi final ticket 😂

Touche

ALL HAIL THE BETTISAUR !

Jesus mate. You made a light hearted reply to a post suggesting you were from a mental asylum. I merely added to the joke that you appeared to be playing along to.

You don't seem to have taken offence to GodricBlade suggesting you were mental in the first place?!?
I assumed the smiley at the end of my post would have suggested that it was just a joke and i wasn't for one minute suggesting that you are actually mental.

See below for full context.

View attachment 156831
View attachment 156832

Apologies if i have offended you, or indeed any other fellow posters with the words I posted above.
Oh aye - chuck me under the bus why don’t you…. 🤣
Just seen rompodebailey pick up on this too, thanks pal.
It’s no fun being called out by the self-titled ‘forum influencer’. That said, I do consider myself influenced, but certainly not offended.

Suggesting using the rusty old woman (or whatever Hillsboro is called these days) as a semi-final venue does, I think, open anyone up to get some flack on their state of mind for such a barmy comment.
Any responses made were clearly made in jest though I’ll take my medicine for starting the whole asylum/mental thing.
I could have used the village/idiot option but I’ve only just thought of that one.
Peace out.

Why does the SUFC ticket office make it so hard to buy tickets for a game? Why the need for 500 loyalty points surely a purchasing history is enough? Print at home is a joke too why not mobile tickets too? Lastly why the delay in putting them on sale?

Back
Top Bottom