CONFIRMED Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

United should put on free transport to the match.
They need to offer an incentive to combat the ticketing prices for supporters.
They might even sell out the 34,000.
Oooooh, I wonder if Tingo can put on a flight for me?

As an aside on the loyalty points business, I just scrape in to have enough, but I think the club were really tight to remove the ones I acquired for Spurs and Hull which both fell foul of COVID, I wrote them a letter with the returned tickets asking them to be mindful that I had lost money on travel and hotel bookings, but they still deleted them.

That screws over a number of people I know.

This 500 loyalty points thing is so, so dumb.
Why? I get to 1 or 2 away games around the North West each season. Proper part-timer.
I've got about 2000 loyalty points. If you've got a purchase history, you'll probably qualify.

Points system has been going, what, nearly 20 years now? Why should someone who's been to a home game less than twice a decade have rights to a ticket?
Because they might not have been alive for most of that time? My 11 year old has 550 points from 4 away games this season as we don't live in Sheffield and have to pick and choose our games. Add in a pandemic in that time and not being "on the system" and you've got some kids who are excluded from their first trip to Wembley (he was 2 the last time we (I) was there)

Because they might not have been alive for most of that time? My 11 year old has 550 points from 4 away games this season as we don't live in Sheffield and have to pick and choose our games. Add in a pandemic in that time and not being "on the system" and you've got some kids who are excluded from their first trip to Wembley (he was 2 the last time we (I) was there)

I've said either upthread in this one or elsewhere more than once that they should show flexibility when it comes to kids that have only just started going to games. I've got no sympathy for anyone my age who's always been using a mate's season ticket or some communal account that's never put money into the club in their own name but when it comes to wanting a ticket for a big day out starts claiming it's unfair. If they've even been to a game. It's 500 points, you can get that many by accident

Thought the 500 loyalty point thing might be to ensure only genuine fans attend. But Man City don't appear to have a similar restriction.

Perhaps it'll get removed and become a free for all (jealous Wednesday fans can see Wembley) if not all sold out after the initial "general sale".

The strangest thing in my opinion is the delay to buy tickets. Man City fans can start buying a week earlier.
your last paragraph says it all had a look on bluemoon forum and city have sold 12k tickets already why are our fans having to wait a week mind think i can guess the reason our tinpot ticket office and it system just cant cope with selling season tickets and semi final tickets at the same time

Anybody know if I'll be able to buy an adult ticket with my Dad's account with him being classed as "senior" on the ticketing system?

No - you will only be able to buy a senior ticket.

You could previously but for the last couple of seasons they would only sell me a senior ticket.

They seem to have linked season ticket category and/or date of birth to your account profile.

Are you all certain that is correct? I just did a test run and tried to purchase an Adults ticket for Burnley away by using my 12 year old nephews season ticket number and got all the way to the checkout payment stage?

Unless it's different rules for kids rather than seniors?

So you suggest Hillsbrough? A stadium recently slated by the press and given a 15 point improvement plan by the safety group?

Are you dense?

And in the example you give "if it were in Manchester it would be at old Trafford". So why couldn't it be at old Trafford then?

I honestly don't know what you're on about. Hillsbrough ffs. Won't host a semi final again.
The answer to your question, 'Are you Dense?', is a question I cannot answer as I am sure you know, but it does raise another question,
Are there others on the forum of similar solidity, that is a question I could answer, but civility forbids me.
'Cos if United won the toss as to which city the tie were to be played, Swillsborough is the obvious choice as it's in Sheffield.
As to your last sentence, supposition.

The answer to your question, 'Are you Dense?', is a question I cannot answer as I am sure you know, but it does raise another question,
Are there others on the forum of similar solidity, that is a question I could answer, but civility forbids me.
'Cos if United won the toss as to which city the tie were to be played, Swillsborough is the obvious choice as it's in Sheffield.
They could toss a coin a million times, the outcome would never be Hillsbrough. It's so far from the being picked as a venue it's incredible. There are probably 30 stadiums with more chance.

Hillsborough could never be chosen in the modern day due to safety concerns. I think it's current capacity is lower than Bramall Lane now !?!

I agree though. I'd rather play Man City at Hillsborough than Wembley.

Bring back neutral venues for the FA Cup semis. Wembley should be reserved for the final ONLY.
Yes this means less fans get to go, but so what? Wembley is miles away its expensive to get to, expensive around it and generally just a bit shit.

Old Trafford or Villa Park would be the venue for United v Man City.

Man U v Brighton would probably be London though - Tottenham, Arsenal or West Ham

Not everyone supports the club from being a child either. An example would be students who come along to games, of which we seem to attract a relatively sizeable amount (especially from the far east). Not sure how it works if they purchase the ticket from the students’ union (do they still do this?), but I’d suspect that means no points in your name. If they are bought direct from the club, many will be short of the 500 points, as they probably only get to a few games a season.

There’s also loads of people who only start getting into going to games in their mid-late teens. When I was that age, all of a sudden, everyone wanted to come along.
Hillsborough could never be chosen in the modern day due to safety concerns. I think it's current capacity is lower than Bramall Lane now !?!

Bring back neutral venues for the FA Cup semis. Wembley should be reserved for the final ONLY.
Yes this means less fans get to go, but so what? Wembley is miles away its expensive to get to, expensive around it and generally just a bit shit.

Man U v Brighton would probably be London though - Tottenham, Arsenal or West Ham
Yeah I agree. Really don’t like the semis being at Wembley.

Any of; Old Trafford, Etihad, Emirates, Spurs, Olympic Stadium, St James’ Park and maybe even Anfield could be used. Villa Park maybe a bit too small now? But agree once it’s extended.

Thank you, for at last seeing my point.
The semi V Man City at Swillsborough would mean, for me, a tram ride of thirty nine minutes, change Cathedral plus no charge with mi old dodger's pass.
Old Trafford, there and back, quicker and cheaper than Wembley.
All hyperthetical.
The semi's will be played at Wembley into perpetuity, cos the FA are probably still playing for it, and to my mind are, as a group of personnel, well out of their depth.
A thought about Wembley.
Rebuilt, from the original with NO roof (retractable type).
It should have been relocated to a more central position within England.
I confess I have, for personnel unavoidable reasons, never visited the present pile, but have it on good account, from our son, that it is a very good spectating experience.

Thank you, for at last seeing my point.
The semi V Man City at Swillsborough would mean, for me, a tram ride of thirty nine minutes, change Cathedral plus no charge with mi old dodger's pass.
Old Trafford, there and back, quicker and cheaper than Wembley.
All hyperthetical.
The semi's will be played at Wembley into perpetuity, cos the FA are probably still playing for it, and to my mind are, as a group of personnel, well out of their depth.
A thought about Wembley.
Rebuilt, from the original with NO roof (retractable type).
It should have been relocated to a more central position within England.
I confess I have, for personnel unavoidable reasons, never visited the present pile, but have it on good account, from our son, that it is a very good spectating experience.
Myself included, many blades wouldn't attend if it was played at hillsborough.

I've said either upthread in this one or elsewhere more than once that they should show flexibility when it comes to kids that have only just started going to games. I've got no sympathy for anyone my age who's always been using a mate's season ticket or some communal account that's never put money into the club in their own name but when it comes to wanting a ticket for a big day out starts claiming it's unfair. If they've even been to a game. It's 500 points, you can get that many by accident

Literally people got 150 points just for going to the Wrexham home match alone. By going to the last 3 FA cup home games fans would have accumulated 300 points.

I agree with you. Although it maybe getting to a time all the loyalty points need to be reset as when the club have moved ticketing systems peoples points got lost or didn't get carried over correctly. A lot of loyalty points totals are a rough guesstimate of legacy loyalty points plus new loyalty points on the latest ticketing system.

That's sad to hear, because there are folk living in Sheffield who would wish the same on the Lane.
If you and the other factions like minded folk had your way we all would have nothing. :oops:

Interesting that when we get to Wembley it sets off huge arguments about who should or shouldn't get a ticket but when the deludis get to Wembley they set up a porktork telethon appeal to get every granny grandad and pet ferret a ticket to get the numbers up

Why are the two sets of fans so different ?

That's sad to hear, because there are folk living in Sheffield who would wish the same on the Lane.
If you and the other factions like minded folk had your way we all would have nothing. :oops:
Utter rubbish.
Hillsborough is a source of pain and misery for many families who lost loved ones. The place is a stain on the city of Sheffield.

Despite all United's financial problems over the years we have modernised our stadium.
Been a long long road, whatever happens, Stadium wise we are miles ahead.
Just look at last year, for the Women's Euros, esp the England v Sweden semi final. Even if it was not England, and as much as I hate the council at the mo, I will give credit where credit is due for bringing the women's Euros to our city, long time in planning and what a fantastic spectacle, that put our stadium again in the world's spotlight.

Utter rubbish.
Hillsborough is a source of pain and misery for many families who lost loved ones. The place is a stain on the city of Sheffield.
Hillsborough Football Stadium was not responsible for anything on the tragic day you infer to, it couldn't it's an inanimate pile of building material.
It was the human element involved that caused so many lives to be sadly lost and "they" should hang their heads eternally in shame.
Therefore I recon it's your post that's way off the point, as well as being 'Utter Rubbish'.

Hillsborough Football Stadium was not responsible for anything on the tragic day you infer to, it couldn't it's an inanimate pile of building material.
It was the human element involved that caused so many lives to be sadly lost and "they" should hang their heads eternally in shame.
Therefore I recon it's your post that's way off the point, as well as being 'Utter Rubbish'.
Thr football club were though
They played with no safety certificate and then reformed under a different name to avoid prosecution
Which they would have been found guilty of

Utter rubbish again, seems to be your speciality. Anyway this thread is not for discussions on that topic.
Take it elsewhere.

The fact all these years after the Leppings lane stand is still there and unchanged brings shame to Wednesday and by association the city of Sheffield. The tunnel was and is a potential death trap, the fact that it still exists in truly sickening.

Back
Top Bottom