Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

• I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs and I am going to the match

Votes: 400 76.6%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed and I am going to the match

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs but not going to the match

Votes: 54 10.3%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab but not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab so I am not going to the match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed so I am not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If someone can tell me definitively that wearing a mask affords me protection I’ll wear one. Can’t get Saturday as I’m in France

If someone can tell me definitively that wearing a mask affords me protection I’ll wear one. Can’t get Saturday as I’m in France

The most in-depth testing of masks was done in Denmark. The results showed a negligible minuscule protection.

So some will conclude “masks are a waste of time, they do nothing” and you can understand that conclusion.
Whilst others will say “tests prove they DO offer a form of protection, even if it’s very small, it’s still protection”

Masks also serves as a visual reminder to respect the virus and this shouldn’t be under estimated.

This is a great example of why even research data/ stats don’t provide the whole story. Even if masks are proven to be a waste of time regards stopping the virus. One might argue it’s the indirect effect of masks thats saving 10,000’s of life’s because they remind people to respect the virus and change their habits regards close contact, washing hands, hugging/ breathing on people., keeping away if you feel slightly ill.

Last edited:
I'd LOVE to be there, but knowing that most won't bother to wear a mask I'm staying home and watching it on Sky. Vaccine efficacy diminishes over a period of time and it seems ages now since I had my 2nd jab. Freedom of the individual trumps consideration for others unfortunately!

The most in-depth testing of masks was done in Denmark. The results showed a negligible minuscule protection.

So some will conclude “masks are a waste of time, they do nothing” and you can understand that conclusion.
Whilst others will say “tests prove they DO offer a form of protection, even if it’s very small, it’s still protection

Masks also serves as a visual reminder to respect the virus and this shouldn’t be under estimated.

This is a great example of why even research data/ stats don’t provide the whole story. Even if masks are proven to be a waste of time regards stopping the virus. One might argue it’s the indirect effect of masks thats saving 10,000’s of life’s because they remind people to respect the virus and change their habits regards close contact, washing hands, hugging/ breathing on people., keeping away if you feel slightly ill.
Essentially the same amount of protection as using tissue paper as a condom would provide then? 😂

I'll pop this here as its probably most relevant to this thread.

Very sensible from the club to not require masks or to present proof of vaccine so that many of us can still go!

Well done United

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 11.17.55.jpg

Ive not got any problem with folks wearing masks if they want but I dont understand those who are walking round wearing masks wrongly like just over their mouth and not over their noses. Either they think masks are still nescessary in which case why arnt they wearing it over their noses or they dont think theyre nescessary in which case why are they bothering to wear them atall.
I've got a nose like a fucking ski-slope so my mask keeps slipping down - bloody annoying.

Whilst others will say “tests prove they DO offer a form of protection, even if it’s very small, it’s still protection”

Mask wearing and social distancing have reduced flu cases by 95% ! Loads of lives saved as there are at least 5,000 flu deaths a year and sometimes more than 15,000 !

Both jabs but clinically extremely vulnerable so I'm undecided especially as some will take advantage of the long drinking day. Trains back to Leeds after 10pm are not as frequent as they were due to the timetable changes apparently including no EMR train to Leeds as it's been dropped. Stupid KO time with no consideration for away fans. Why couldn't it be 7pm or 7.30pm?
Annoying for me too, as I'm bringing two U10s with me from Leeds!

(First ST since I was about 14, so planning on missing as few as possible! But then, I'm not in any vulnerable groups so less worried.)

I'd LOVE to be there, but knowing that most won't bother to wear a mask I'm staying home and watching it on Sky. Vaccine efficacy diminishes over a period of time and it seems ages now since I had my 2nd jab. Freedom of the individual trumps consideration for others unfortunately!
Freedom of the individual trumps everything.perhaps you may lose this fear after your 151st booster jab.

I don't know your circumstances, if you don't have any really major health concerns I don't think people wearing masks would affect your risk one way or the other.
I think after a while it'll get clearer that the danger that has been drummed out daily, will have gone.
If you don't feel comfortable, then it's right to stay away, it's supposed to be fun for you. Hope you feel confident to get back soon.

On statistics there will be around 200 people with covid at the match.

Freedom of the individual trumps everything.perhaps you may lose this fear after your 151st booster jab.
Perhaps you might be a follower of Margaret Thatcher who once famously claimed that "there is no such thing as society" - do you feel no social responsibility whatsoever ?
Your selfish viewpoint is an example of how uncaring this country is becoming.

Perhaps you might be a follower of Margaret Thatcher who once famously claimed that "there is no such thing as society" - do you feel no social responsibility whatsoever ?
Your selfish viewpoint is an example of how uncaring this country is becoming.
LOL....I will go to the match with no mask...i dont give a shit who thinks thats selfish.If you are scared of maskless people...stay at home.

Good response that Shefsteel. Asked the question on other forums and got no real sensible responses.

Good response that Shefsteel. Asked the question on other forums and got no real sensible responses.
All that research is based on protection to the wearer of the mask, not those around them, so it's really quite misleading. If you unknowingly have covid this weekend at the match, sing your heart out on the kop, cough. sneeze and blather all day in and around the ground, you WILL infect 1000s!

All that research is based on protection to the wearer of the mask, not those around them, so it's really quite misleading. If you unknowingly have covid this weekend at the match, sing your heart out on the kop, cough. sneeze and blather all day in and around the ground, you WILL infect 1000s!

LOL....I will go to the match with no mask...i dont give a shit who thinks thats selfish.If you are scared of maskless people...stay at home.
Here's what the Club have said in their email today :

" ... Whilst social distancing measures have been removed, we politely ask that all supporters are respectful and considerate towards others whose circumstances may differ to their own.

All supporters entering the stadium at the weekend are advised to wear a face covering when not eating or drinking and although this is not regulation, the club is adopting this advice with safety paramount in our planning...."

But I suppose you "don't give a shit".

I wonder if you have ever done anything which was not purely for yourself ?

We all realise that wearing a mask protects others more than it protects the wearer.

So wearing a mask in a crowded place is a selfless act , which shows some consideration for your fellow members of society.

You seem proud of your uncaring nature. Well , it's a free country and you're entitled to be as selfish as you wish.

But there was no need to mock 'Blend it Like Harris' on this thread for expressing his fears.

" ... I'd LOVE to be there, but knowing that most won't bother to wear a mask I'm staying home ..."

He's doing exactly what you suggest - staying at home !

Because of people like you.

I'm going to the match on Saturday but I haven't got a season ticket, I haven't been vaccinated and I won't be wearing a mask.

It's a free country , but I hope you won't mock me for wearing one.

but isn’t calling a non mask wearers selfish…a form of mocking or insult.

We’ve little choice but to trust the government experts. Lets not forget they carried out a number of trial pilot outdoor test events to measure transmission.
Using that data they currently feel it’s safe to drop the legal obligation to wear masks.
Ideally we should all respect individual wishes…wear a mask if you want…don’t wear a mask if you want.

Last edited:

but isn’t calling a non mask wearers selfish…a form of mocking or insult.

We’ve little choice but to trust the government experts. Lets not forget they carried out a number of trial pilot outdoor test events to measure transmission.
Using that data they currently feel it’s safe to drop the legal obligation to wear masks.
Ideally we should all respect individual wishes…wear a mask if you want…don’t wear a mask if you want.
Read the email from our Club

Back
Top Bottom