Hamer - Next Season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am not particularly worried about him going this summer. We will be wanting more than others can offer and they will be confident they could get him cheaper next year if we are still down.

Other than the soon to be promoted sides I don't see anyone in for him
We know how it plays out:
  • fend off offers whilst he’s got a decent duration on his contract.
  • try to offer terms to extend which favour the clubs financial state/ diminishing parachute payments
  • player doesn’t sign, tries to run contract down to get a free
  • sell for a lower value rather than let go for free

Fans will always bemoan us doing this, but financially this will always be the most prudent for the club

Robinson’s interview yesterday acknowledged many things, how much the fans are part of the club and I hope many more also acknowledge this when we’re in the Championship.

We know how it plays out:
  • fend off offers whilst he’s got a decent duration on his contract.
  • try to offer terms to extend which favour the clubs financial state/ diminishing parachute payments
  • player doesn’t sign, tries to run contract down to get a free
  • sell for a lower value rather than let go for free

Fans will always bemoan us doing this, but financially this will always be the most prudent for the club

Robinson’s interview yesterday acknowledged many things, how much the fans are part of the club and I hope many more also acknowledge this when we’re in the Championship.
I get what you say but due to the sheer numbers in turnover as it is I don't think we will cash in on a player with plenty of time left on their contract this summer

You've forgot that general unhappiness and being pissed off will set in.

This is how the events will unfold, as they always do with club retard.

Next season, he gets a big pay decrease, which will be ok because he signed up for that
Season after that, renegotiation of a new contract time
United insult him with their pathetic offer
Any good we might have got out of him goes out the window and he skulks around the place until we let him fuck off for peanuts

Well you can't keep an unhappy player, can you, a term that has been brainwashed into most United fans to excuse the club from being retarded.

I get what you say but due to the sheer numbers in turnover as it is I don't think we will cash in on a player with plenty of time left on their contract this summer
We won’t. We didn’t previously, we tried to keep most of them for as long as was financially possible.

Cashing in 30million (hypothetical figure) when there is £200 million on the line isnt worth it. As we’ve proved this season. That sort of money keeps us a) in with a chance of bouncing back quickly b) preserving the club for a few more years

I think with the right addition we can just dominate the ball in the league below.

The challenge will be if we were to go up, how to transition that to a more athletic set up.

But this may be a perpetual issue we face to be honest.

For next season, I wonder if someone like Mowatt is worth a try. He was captain at Barnsley so doesn’t lack leadership.

Whilst I don’t mind Brooks I’d rather he grow as a squad player than a full blown starter.

Add in two from Worrall, Aisling and McNair and you have some experience there.

Just need a keeper and a forward as a minimum we can be competitive.

I feel if we kept him he would be in a team of cheap free transfers which would do us no favour really, cash in to rebuild a half decent championship midfield IMO.

Like every player in our squad, Hamer will have his price this summer. It'll be £20m+ though and if anyone meets that he'll be off.
This for me. He needs a Prestridge pre season. Carrying too much weight at the moment. The ability is there but he needs to work harder off the ball.
Souza gets slaughtered for letting his man drift past him but Hamer is just as bad. That's been one of our biggest weaknesses this season.

Or Morton who is on loan at Hull currently.
Hull have used the loan system very well given them a chance of play offs.
Read somewhere they will lose players this summer unless they go up.
There owner has thrown some money at it and it could come back and hurt them.2 Liverpool loans and Delap from city have had an impact.We were supposed to be interested in Greaves with Hoyland giving him the once over.A physical player well over 6 ft is the kind of defender we are short of .

Remember when we had this absolutely iconic midfield trio?

1714466943934.png

In Hamer and Arblaster we potentially have our new Fleck and Coutts. For a Championship assault I think Wilder will be tempted to bring in an attacking midfielder to revive "the Duffy role" so the question is.... who?

I mean if someone meets his release cause he will be off and we will have a good fee. But I doubt that is going to happen, unless a promoted team with a bit of cash is interested. He will be a be a big player for us next season, his final third contribution is massive, can easily see 10 goals 10 assists, plus someone to keep the crowd entertained. But we will need to set up the midfield to accommodate that He was seen as an all rounder at Coventry, but looks a liability in our own half ath this level at least, gives the ball away a lot as well. A strong box to box with a lot of energy or a holding midfielder a long side Arblaster, probably on loan given we have a lot of midfielders.. We do need to be selling players and raising funds, but I think we will get a decent chunk in from elsewhere.

I fully expect him to be sold. He's the only one that's shown he may be able to cut it at this level, and we'll need the money.

Remember when we had this absolutely iconic midfield trio?

View attachment 182751

In Hamer and Arblaster we potentially have our new Fleck and Coutts. For a Championship assault I think Wilder will be tempted to bring in an attacking midfielder to revive "the Duffy role" so the question is.... who?
Kwame Poku at Peterborough if they fail to go up.

The only saving grace with Hamer is that he still has 3 years left on his contract. He cost us £17M but I suspect it would only take £25M for him to be sold. He's a terrific player and one of very few (Arblaster, Bogle, BBD and McB (when fit)) good enough to play in the top flight.

our midfield next season has to be built round arblaster and hamer and still think tom davies could be crucial to us as well at the level we will be playing at but any decent offers for any of our players and think they will be sold

I agree, conceding possession is part of the game. Its just the speed and volume at which we do it. Hamer is a serial offender sadly. If we have ambitions of returning to the prem then its something he needs to work on. Berge, Doyle and Arblaster (although early days) are good examples of players we’ve had who do the simple well but also know when to play that killer ball. The balance is off with Hamer and he rushes the ball and loses it frequently. I rate his recent performances . He just needs to learn when those balls are on to take his game to the next level IMO.

Like you say, in the championship, the threat of losing the ball is much less concerning. Still just needs to be a bit calmer and more patient sometimes.
Spot on.

Both will have release clause's in their contrcats. If they are met, both will go. As usual, we will buy Lge 1 replacements.

Would like to see us keep him, there are others that can be sold - Souza, Anel etc that I’m not bothered about, but Hamer and Blaster actually have potential to be class at this level (Hamer has already shown it)

weve 4 good midfielders for our championship squad hamer arblaster davies and brooks but its a bit lightweight we need some physicality in there as well choudray at leicester and palmer at coventry would be my choices if we could get em
Add Ben Sheaf, at Coventry, to that list.

Back
Top Bottom