Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

• I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs and I am going to the match

Votes: 400 76.6%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed and I am going to the match

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs but not going to the match

Votes: 54 10.3%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab but not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab so I am not going to the match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed so I am not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get yourself on the pitch by the dugout and boo the knee then big man. But no, you won't, will you? Because you'd rather hide in a crowd and seed disruption. Typical selfish cowardly cunt!
You ok hun xxx

Anyone booing the knee needs lobbing in the canal!

My comment was a joke..in response to the entertaining/ sarcastic Brianbadonde,

Regards taking the knee demonstration it’s quite nuanced and I don’t think the media stance of “if you boo you must be a racist” is helpful.
That conclusion just shuts down debate. When people disagree it’s important to communicate in order to win hearts and minds. Although communicating in writing on a forum is not the best way to put opinions/ ideas across, needs face to face communication discussing difficult subjects.

Personally I have mixed feelings regards taking the knee but I wouldn’t dream of booing as it’s plain disrespectful.
Think about our black players and some of our ethnic minority Blades, my heart goes out to them.

Last edited:
Our lass is due next Friday so need to avoid any large gatherings untill then, otherwise I'll probably catch it and not be allowed into the hospital with her.

Bloody woman!

After that it's game on, double jabbed but will wear a mask still.

You should have slotted the old git (joking) up to the individual. I won't be wearing one but no problems with those that do. Fed up of society in general you seem to have to have extreme views on one thing or another these days instead of being respectful of others??
Edit... tested positive for covid so just a few days before I can get into BDTBL I get this kick in the nuts....gutted isn't even close

Don’t have an ST this season and we have our first child due any day now but I would have gone if he was still a couple of months or so away!

So if this poll on here is a representative snap shot of our entire fan base, including season ticket holders - I reckon about 2100 of our season ticket holders won't be attending tonight. Just over 10% of votes in the poll have declared they are a season ticket holder with a double jab and won't be attending. So 21,000 ish season tickets sold, 10% = 2100. Be interesting to see from those attending if it looks like 1 in 10 fans with season tickets are absent.
I'm not commenting on why they may not attend, as that could be for various reasons eg on holiday, prefer to watch it on TV or cautious about covid etc etc.

So although the attendance is looking to be about 29000 there could well be a few empty seats. Also not helped by tickets going off sale at 5pm with 3 hours to go to kick off. That could cause a bit of disappointment for some last minute walk-ups thinking they can grab one.

Anyway, let's hope it's a winning start.
UTB

So if this poll on here is a representative snap shot of our entire fan base, including season ticket holders - I reckon about 2100 of our season ticket holders won't be attending tonight. Just over 10% of votes in the poll have declared they are a season ticket holder with a double jab and won't be attending. So 21,000 ish season tickets sold, 10% = 2100. Be interesting to see from those attending if it looks like 1 in 10 fans with season tickets are absent.
I'm not commenting on why they may not attend, as that could be for various reasons eg on holiday, prefer to watch it on TV or cautious about covid etc etc.

So although the attendance is looking to be about 29000 there could well be a few empty seats. Also not helped by tickets going off sale at 5pm with 3 hours to go to kick off. That could cause a bit of disappointment for some last minute walk-ups thinking they can grab one.

Anyway, let's hope it's a winning start.
UTB

The ground seemed pretty full, apart from Bramall Lane upper.
Was surprised that so many season ticket holders turned up…..was expecting much more empty seats.

Also surprised how hardly a single person wore masks.
I was on the Kop, plenty of people packed together and I only saw 3 people wearing masks….no one seemed bothered.
Also went to the toilet a few times and only saw 2 people wearing masks.
So probably over 99.5% of our fans on the Kop acting exactly the same as pre covid times.
The Kop has outside concourses so that might explain the lack of covid fear.

What were peoples mask wearing experiences in other stands?

We were sat in John Street Stand probably saw about 12 people wearing masks including us 3, I really was surprised as a lot of older people & families in John Street but most people didn’t bother, which was a shame especially as United hasd asked for fans to wear them if possible, it’s as if most people think COVID has gone completely!!

The ground seemed pretty full, apart from Bramall Lane upper.
Was surprised that so many season ticket holders turned up…..was expecting much more empty seats.

Also surprised how hardly a single person wore masks.
I was on the Kop, plenty of people packed together and I only saw 3 people wearing masks….no one seemed bothered.
Also went to the toilet a few times and only saw 2 people wearing masks.
So probably over 99.5% of our fans on the Kop acting exactly the same as pre covid times.
The Kop has outside concourses so that might explain the lack of covid fear.

What were peoples mask wearing experiences in other stands?
I wore a mask on Kop - had some ribbing from lads around us but in a good hearted way - they didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all being only mask wearer.

it’s as if most people think COVID has gone completely!!

That’s what I thought too, no one seemed the slightest bit bothered.

I thought if this Indisn variant is as contagious as they say….then surely theres going to be a massive spike over the coming weeks.

It’s like we’re part of an experiment.

Having a massive spike might be a big benefit….because we’ll see how effective the vaccines are.
I’ve always said the number of infections could be a red herring, it’s the number of hospitalisations, the length of time spent in hospital and of course deaths that are the most important…then there’s this mysterious issue of long covid.

We were sat in John Street Stand probably saw about 12 people wearing masks including us 3, I really was surprised as a lot of older people & families in John Street but most people didn’t bother, which was a shame especially as United hasd asked for fans to wear them if possible, it’s as if most people think COVID has gone completely!!

The concourse in the South Stand was jam packed. Only a few wore a mask at all and was quite uncomfortable to get through. A few old people I heard said they would wait in the outside bit till it cleared at kick off.

Suppose if loads get covid (regardless of people's views on it) you can pinpoint where exactly! I am all for people getting on with life but seemed a bit daft...why not sit and chat in your seat in the ground or chat to people before or after outside or in the pub if you choose? I'm not sure it was worth the risks to be packed inside like sardines in a space with no ventilation for 30 mins just to have a beer/talk to pals (you could talk outside or near your seat). Many of these were not going to their seats but were stood just blocking everyone's way in qs for beer or stood in large groups chatting.

Again maybe that's me and having thousands packed under a stand (inside) wearing a mask won't be an issue? Be same people moaning when they have to be off work or miss a holiday, match in a few weeks I'd bet!

I just think common sense seemed to go out of the window personally but again it seems a lot of people now are just kind of taking the attitude if I get it, I get it (from what I saw inside the concourse) which again is people's perogative but makes it hard for those who have worries. My Uncle is recovering from cancer (things ok at the moment) and is fairly relaxed about getting on with things but said it was horrible when he came in and he was surprised that so many wanted to stand packed under the concourse chatting in large groups right next to each other.

For the record I got in at 19.25 so was quite early too and my Uncle even earlier

The concourse in the South Stand was jam packed. Only a few wore a mask at all and was quite uncomfortable to get through. A few old people I heard said they would wait in the outside bit till it cleared at kick off.

Suppose if loads get covid (regardless of people's views on it) you can pinpoint where exactly! I am all for people getting on with life but seemed a bit daft...why not sit and chat in your seat in the ground or chat to people before or after outside or in the pub if you choose? I'm not sure it was worth the risks to be packed inside like sardines in a space with no ventilation for 30 mins just to have a beer/talk to pals (you could talk outside or near your seat). Many of these were not going to their seats but were stood just blocking everyone's way in qs for beer or stood in large groups chatting.

Again maybe that's me and having thousands packed under a stand (inside) wearing a mask won't be an issue? Be same people moaning when they have to be off work or miss a holiday, match in a few weeks I'd bet!

I just think common sense seemed to go out of the window personally but again it seems a lot of people now are just kind of taking the attitude if I get it, I get it (from what I saw inside the concourse) which again is people's perogative but makes it hard for those who have worries. My Uncle is recovering from cancer (things ok at the moment) and is fairly relaxed about getting on with things but said it was horrible when he came in and he was surprised that so many wanted to stand packed under the concourse chatting in large groups right next to each other.

For the record I got in at 19.25 so was quite early too and my Uncle even earlier
I wore a mask too and moved through the concourse quickly (got in at 7.10), when I got to my seat I took my mask off to speak to my friends (not seen them since Norwich match) and have a photo taken together. At 7.45 pm I put my mask on as I promised my wife (who has diabetes). Glad I didnt drink since the coffee after tea so that I wouldnt need the toilet at half time (probably would have been packed and smoke filled). My son and my mates didnt wear the mask during the match

Forgot to say that one of my friends decided not to come to last night's match as he wasnt sure that he had fully recovered from COVID (he is double vaccinated) he caught on the night he was at Wembley for the Euro final (he thinks he and his mate caught it after the match when they travelled in the tube back to the hotel- his four other friends who were with him at the match travelled separately after the match and they didnt catch COVID)

Back
Top Bottom