Player Suggestion Scott Twine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Derby took a lot of punts on players and look at them now.

How many punt players simply don't work out?

It's about managed risk. Chucking all your available finds at one player hoping he'll be as good as a player you had last season is a stupid risk, imo.

Taking a chance on a £500k player is much less of a risk.

Derby took a lot of punts on players and look at them now.

How many punt players simply don't work out?

It's about managed risk. Chucking all your available finds at one player hoping he'll be as good as a player you had last season is a stupid risk, imo.

Taking a chance on a £500k player is much less of a risk.
He’s a 22yr old lad who lit league 1 up last season. Surely that’s the kind of player we should be getting in. If you’re thinking 500k on a player, then that player will have done nothing in the game. That’s the definition of a punt!

No idea who this bloke is and whether he has any inside info…

this fella is a Swansea fan and I happen to know another Swansea fan who this morning has said the same thing, saying his mate knows someone at MK

not saying it’s definitely true, or that the original geezer knows anything, just connecting the dots that it’s possibly not complete arse

£3m bid but the player wants us

this fella is a Swansea fan and I happen to know another Swansea fan who this morning has said the same thing, saying his mate knows someone at MK

not saying it’s definitely true, or that the original geezer knows anything, just connecting the dots that it’s possibly not complete arse

£3m bid but the player wants us

to clarify, based on what this lad has told me, I’m assuming the original tweeter is his mate that knows something

Probably only seem him play once against Wednesday so no idea what he's like but I'm sure the Not the Top 20 lads were raving about him saying he's a nailed on future prem player. Would at least be a signing to get a bit excited about which I wasn't expecting this summer.

Like Morgan "5 games for Swansea and a handful of sub appearances for Wolves" Gibbs-White?

Newsflash : young players aren't going to have years of records and stats to judge them on - because they're young.

The question is do we want to be chancing on the young players like Twine or do we want to be the 3rd club in the chain and pay the inflated fees, once a player has proven themselves?

Do we want to be buying the likes of Oli McBurnie from Bradford for £250k, like Swansea? Or do we want to be buying those sorts of players (with an extra season's exposure) from the likes of Swansea - for £20m?

Luke Freeman is a totally different case and pretty irrelevant comparison.

Twine is a relatively unexposed, but clearly talented young player with plenty of spark. Freeman was bought two years too late, and for about £5m too much.

As another example, Ollie Watkins scored 21 in 68 for Exeter in League Two and went to Brentford for £1.8m.

They sold him to Villa for £30m.

Twine has scored 20 in 45 for MK Dons in League One, as well as goals in League Two for Swindon and Northampton.

He's proving himself already. Someone will buy him cheap, like Brentford, and they will make a hatful of money on him by selling him to someone like Villa.

Please let's be Brentford this time, not Villa.

(EDIT - I was interested so I had a look...Freeman has scored 42 goals in 372 career appearances and is 30 years old. Twine is 22 and has 42 goals in 151 appearances. You're free to make your own mind up but those numbers speak volumes!)

I get the point and of course it's always better to sign players cheap before they are good elsewhere, however I've seen players hyped before and then fail to deliver when we sign them, this is following the same pattern IMO.

I'm not comparing Freeman as a player with Twine as a player, I'm comparing the concept of someone our fans coveted who then turned out to be shit.

I'd say "trust our recruitment team" but I don't mean it as they've got a pretty poor record. I'd be annoyed if we were genuinely interested and lost out to the transfer might of Hull City, If we're not in for him then hopefully there's a good reason.

I get the point and of course it's always better to sign players cheap before they are good elsewhere, however I've seen players hyped before and then fail to deliver when we sign them, this is following the same pattern IMO.

I'm not comparing Freeman as a player with Twine as a player, I'm comparing the concept of someone our fans coveted who then turned out to be shit.

I'd say "trust our recruitment team" but I don't mean it as they've got a pretty poor record. I'd be annoyed if we were genuinely interested and lost out to the transfer might of Hull City, If we're not in for him then hopefully there's a good reason.
The "rub" with that is you'll only ever hear about those that go on to do well and we should have signed, never the hundreds linked or wanted by fans that drop like a stone never to be heard of again.
Unfortunately in real life you can't hack the source code and know who really has a high potential rating, or start a new game and hoover them all up for peanuts before they turn into world beaters.

Well it's got me interested enough to watch a you tube video of this lad! It's either that or continue working from home! I admit I know little of him, but it's clear he's, arguably, the standout player in league one. 20 goals and 13 assists is some season. I don't think any of our midfield matched that when we amassed over 100 points in the promotion season.

Hpefully we're the "unnamed" club also interested! I really do think Twine could be a revalation next season and for £3-4m it really is a small fee. It's not like when we've spent huge money over recent seasons on a player and they represent a bigger gamble. Granted we don't have the big money anymore from the PL, but we still have a second yeear#s parachute money. I can't see why we're not interested tbh.

Hpefully we're the "unnamed" club also interested! I really do think Twine could be a revalation next season and for £3-4m it really is a small fee. It's not like when we've spent huge money over recent seasons on a player and they represent a bigger gamble. Granted we don't have the big money anymore from the PL, but we still have a second yeear#s parachute money. I can't see why we're not interested tbh.

I’m not so sure we’ve got £3-4 million for our entire budget never mind 1 player.

The club with the owners we were worried about getting because of how skint they've made the team have put in a bid we could only dream of affording?

I’m not so sure we’ve got £3-4 million for our entire budget never mind 1 player.
You're probably right! But I do think this is the sort of player we should really be looking a. Depends on whether Berge goes maybe.

Back to last season we didn't sign one permanent player, we must have spent some decent money on those loan fees and wages and in three cases they were sat on the bench most weeks, MGW was the only exception. So if it's not Twine then we should be looking at at least 2 permanent players, in my view it's just short termism to do otherwise.

Interesting read, especially the ideal club for him 👀

Interesting read, especially the ideal club for him 👀
On the face of it, he would seem to be a good Gibbs-White replacement.

Still keeping powder dry until end of July. Also just because Nicko says they are in doesn't mean he is joining them.

Why wouldn't we have £3/£4 million to spend on a player? The fee would be spread over 2/3 seasons which makes less of a hit and its likely we paid more than that in loan fees last season.

I guess people just are not listening to the club owners when they say what our plans are.

Prepare to get wound up at the end of August instead of listening and being wound up now.

Back
Top Bottom