Player Suggestion Scott Twine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everyone’s Gangster till some MK ITK starts combing for likes.

From Nathan Hemmingham's transfer Q&A today:

"Daniel Stevens: Is there any interest in Scott Twine as being reported? If so, will it be dependent on departures as to whether we can afford?

NH: "There is interest in him and he was on their radar but they haven't made a bid as it stands. In terms of his price being dependent on departures, if United were to sell a big player and he remain at MK Dons, it would certainly help. But we would be guessing on that. We don't know Paul Heckingbottom's budget and we don't know what MK Dons are asking."

"Daniel Stevens: Is there any interest in Scott Twine as being reported? If so, will it be dependent on departures as to whether we can afford?

NH: "There is interest in him and he was on their radar but they haven't made a bid as it stands. In terms of his price being dependent on departures, if United were to sell a big player and he remain at MK Dons, it would certainly help. But we would be guessing on that. We don't know Paul Heckingbottom's budget and we don't know what MK Dons are asking."

Surely we can agree a structured deal? He is exactly the type of player we need and not a bad price considering what such well performing L1 players have gone for in the past

Basically we can't afford Twine unless we sell Berge, and Twine may not be on the market anymore by the time we sell Berge.

I expect Berge to be in Portugal with us. While there is interest I don't think he is top of anyones shopping list which means that we may have to wait until the end of the window to shift him.

Basically we can't afford Twine unless we sell Berge, and Twine may not be on the market anymore by the time we sell Berge.

I expect Berge to be in Portugal with us. While there is interest I don't think he is top of anyones shopping list which means that we may have to wait until the end of the window to shift him.

This is it. And for the record, what will happen is that we will sell Berge too late in the window to bring any of our prime targets in, and get told a) we go with what we've got and b) there's always January

He might get fed up of waiting and fancy a move to Burnley. Strike while the irons hot as they say.

The player sounds like he wants to come to us,
Just ask how much they want and either find the money or offer cash and a player, maybe even a youth loan.

Rocket science right there

He might get fed up of waiting and fancy a move to Burnley. Strike while the irons hot as they say.

Whilst that's a great idea in theory we can't really bid the reported amount unless we move on one of the higher value assets we have.

Unless we've got concrete (as in offers on the table) interest in say Berge or Egan we'd be crazy to be paying £3m plus for Twine if we seriously haven't got the money without a sale as that just puts us in the financial shit.

If we got £25/£20m for Berge tomorrow then I've absolutely no doubt we'd chuck £3m or £4m at MK for Twine but if we haven't got the money then we haven't got the money.

I’m a little ITK on this. But it has no relevance to us at the moment. I was told Hull are still ahead of Burnley in signing Twine despite a higher offer. Not heard anything else:

We were never in for him until Berge had gone, frees and loans that’s all we’re in the market for.

no way we should be spending £4 million on a player at the moment, so priced out realistically.

As for Berge, much of this might come down to the player. If he believes he should be playing at the top level, he might push for a transfer.

If he does strongly, I can't see us being able to hold out for more than £10 million. The there would be suitors. I doubt there are any at £20 million plus.

no way we should be spending £4 million on a player at the moment, so priced out realistically.

As for Berge, much of this might come down to the player. If he believes he should be playing at the top level, he might push for a transfer.

If he does strongly, I can't see us being able to hold out for more than £10 million. The there would be suitors. I doubt there are any at £20 million plus.
I really hope that whoever this 7 figure bid is in for...is worth it

Back
Top Bottom