Player Suggestion Scott Twine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's always funny who thinks which poster used to be who, in my head it's pretty easy to see who is Tyler and who is Cartman, but then I don't have any proof so maybe I'm way off.

Twine was never, ever going to happen anyway. Some people still haven't grasped that we won't be throwing fees around.

Weren’t people saying how lucky we should feel to not have been taken over by ALK, who then took over Burnley? They seem to be spending a lot more than us after relegation.

Relegated in their first season of ownership. Nice one.

I don't think we were ever in a position to bid for him unless we sold Berge and as we haven't, yet, we miss out on Twine. Burnley will be strong this season with their parachute money and a decent team to come down with. I'm surprised Norwich haven't spent much if anything yet.

Weren’t people saying how lucky we should feel to not have been taken over by ALK, who then took over Burnley? They seem to be spending a lot more than us after relegation.
Everybody spending more than us mate . Even the pigs are showing some signs of life on the transfer market if reports are correct they have even stolen one of our targets NOW THAT IS EMBARRASING . Good job we have the best gates in the Championship and parachute payments and great season ticket sales don't you think.

Far too early to make that call, IMO. This guy might prove to be a decent buy but wait until the end of window and see how much ALK have raised through sales. They’ve already lost Mee and Tarkowski for no fee, Pope looks likely to follow and the Dutch forward they signed 6 months ago has said he wants out. They’ll be others as well, can’t imagine Cornet will want to stick around.

No one will convince me that a leveraged buyout by a US investment firm is the way forward, however skint our owner is.

Far too early to make that call, IMO. This guy might prove to be a decent buy but wait until the end of window and see how much ALK have raised through sales. They’ve already lost Mee and Tarkowski for no fee, Pope looks likely to follow and the Dutch forward they signed 6 months ago has said he wants out. They’ll be others as well, can’t imagine Cornet will want to stick around.

No one will convince me that a leveraged buyout by a US investment firm is the way forward, however skint our owner is.
These are my sentiments too.

Remember they were getting 40m for Pope? Just left for 10m.

They also have to make about 65m this year for their loan.

So you can expect a few more departures from what has always been a small squad anyway.

So you can expect a few more departures from what has always been a small squad anyway.
True, there’s also the unspoken transition to a new way of playing that can go either way. The Dyche approach won’t be easily swept away. Similar to when the echoes of Warnock and Blackwell faded for us, many manager tried to establish a shorter playing style and, well, it got us relegated and stuck in League 1.

£10m for a full international, proven-PL-quality goalkeeper in this day and age is daylight buggery

They have moved all their huge earners on, the rest of the squad is relatively modestly paid so parachute payments can cover wages, prior to last season they were probably the best run club in the PL from a financial perspective, they are spending sums which for many clubs is a rounding error. Nothing to see here

Confirmed gone to Burnley…. Disappointed we haven’t got him. He would of been an ideal MGW replacement. Getting bored of losing out on signings to rivals…

Confirmed gone to Burnley…. Disappointed we haven’t got him. He would of been an ideal MGW replacement. Getting bored of losing out on signings to rivals…
But we were never even confirmed going in for him. Its not football manager we can't sign every half decent player.
Last season we got MGW on loan, no one was in for him and it came out of nowhere, non of us expected it..... its not like there isn't any other players out there. Last few years we've probably seen 1 or 2 out of 10 linked players join and 1 or 2 that we were not on the fans or fake news radar.

People thinking we're spending £4m on a single player without some major outgoings need to wake up and start paying attention.

We've got an owner actively looking for major investment/sell the club who hasn't spent a penny in 3 transfer windows now. Do you see the pattern emerging yet??

People thinking we're spending £4m on a single player without some major outgoings need to wake up and start paying attention.

We've got an owner actively looking for major investment/sell the club who hasn't spent a penny in 3 transfer windows now. Do you see the pattern emerging yet??
We've got a 3 million pound bid in for another player
We signed Egan for 4 m before we had premier league money

And beattie

Buying the best players from a league below is a good strategy though. Brentford earned millions doing that and it got them promoted. This Twine lad looks the real deal and for 4 mio not that expensive. Was hoping he would sign for you.
So did we !!

Does spending equal success? Wednesday spent a lot when Chancer took over.

We’ll have to wait before we can say if their spending spree has been worth it. But to date, they’ve not got a good record in running a football club.

Does spending equal success? Wednesday spent a lot when Chancer took over.

We’ll have to wait before we can say if their spending spree has been worth it. But to date, they’ve not got a good record in running a football club.
Spending doesn’t equal success but makes it more likely. That’s undeniable.

Spending doesn’t equal success but makes it more likely. That’s undeniable.
We’ve also spent. Off the top of my head, over the last 3 years, way more than Burnley. Three of the players we spent £20m + are still at the club.

As soon as Burnley started spending big, they were relegated.

We've got a 3 million pound bid in for another player
We signed Egan for 4 m before we had premier league money

And beattie
This is what confuses me a little.

On our way up to the PL we signed Norwood for £750k, Egan at up to £4m etc.
I can totally understand not splashing the cash. But signing a few for say £1-2m seems plausible.

We’ve also spent. Off the top of my head, over the last 3 years, way more than Burnley. Three of the players we spent £20m + are still at the club.

As soon as Burnley started spending big, they were relegated.
The first Wilder PL season we spent big (unfortunately Wilder wasted most of it). Other than that we’ve spent far less than most of our rivals in the 40+ years I’ve been watching United - and the pitiful 7 seasons I’ve seen in the PL/old 1st Division is the result.

Back
Top Bottom