Player Suggestion Scott Twine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I could see MK Dons stringing us along here, in a hope to get a higher fee. Would we have the moral fibre to keep our nerve, or snap and wire them the amount they’re hoping for?

Really think we should be going in for Twine, exactly the type of player we're looking for.

The best from the league below, young and shouldn't cost the world.

I think Utd being able to offer MK or him enough to tempt him will be wholly dependent on who is sold and for how much.

There won't be the budget to pay his fee without proceeds generated by outgoings

The Champ would be a big step-up for him

I think Utd being able to offer MK or him enough to tempt him will be wholly dependent on who is sold and for how much.

There won't be the budget to pay his fee without proceeds generated by outgoings

The Champ would be a big step-up for him

You have to wonder how we’ve even been able to make it to 2022 as a club if we aren’t able to sign players who would find the Championship a bit step up.

Throughout my time watching United, which might not be as long as some on here, we’ve never really had what you’d call loads of money but we’ve been able to sign players.

You have to wonder how we’ve even been able to make it to 2022 as a club if we aren’t able to sign players who would find the Championship a bit step up.

Throughout my time watching United, which might not be as long as some on here, we’ve never really had what you’d call loads of money but we’ve been able to sign players.

It's not just that LJB but considering how he performed last season, the plaudits and awards he received, and Utd's likely recruitment strategy over summer i.e. frees and loans (as confirmed by PH), I'd be surprised if Utd are in for a L1 player that's likely to cost several £million and even if they are, that the player wouldn't receive a more lucrative offer from elsewhere e.g. I read that CW is looking to spend even more of Steve Gibson' money on him.

The only things likely to change that are (i) PH has a larger budget than we're led to believe, (ii) new ownership comes in a provides a cash injection to improve the squad or (iii) players are sold and some of the proceeds are reinvested on players.

He’s got all the hallmarks of being the next Luke Freeman with how coveted he is

I sadly don't think we will be signing this lad. He could be a good replacement for the void that Gibbs White has left.
I reckon he will move this summer though, and more than likely to a rival in the Champ.
Boro or West Brom being my bet.

Christ, that's a big bid isn't it? I'd imagine that would be the most expensive signing outside of the relegated clubs, if it goes through for that amount.

Not to say its bad business - 2 good seasons and he's worth £10m+. And they'll probably be getting a decent wedge for that Potter.

Would be a cracking signing for Hull. Shame we aren’t linked but no surprise there.

He may well prove to be a gem that's capable of playing at Champ level (and maybe above) but £3m for a player that's had a single season in L1 (and several seasons at L2 and below) sounds like a lot to stake on what effectively would be a punt.

I'm surprised Hull have got that much to throw around. Tbh I had expected it to be just the clubs relegated from the Prem that would pay any substantial fees this summer.

He may well prove to be a gem that's capable of playing at Champ level (and maybe above) but £3m for a player that's had a single season in L1 (and several seasons at L2 and below) sounds like a lot to stake on what effectively would be a punt.

I'm surprised Hull have got that much to throw around. Tbh I had expected it to be just the clubs relegated from the Prem that would pay any substantial fees this summer.
I used to agree with views like that until i saw someone say the same about toney to Brentford

I used to agree with views like that until i saw someone say the same about toney to Brentford

Of course some signings will prove to be shrewd investments and the players prove their worth in divisions above (Twine may well to be one of those) but tbh I'd trust Brentford's scouting system far more than Hull's. given their respective success rates in recent recruitment, as demonstrated by their respective league positions.

Hull City?! Hull chuffing City!? Please no, if they're in for him and we're not something is seriously wrong!

Back
Top Bottom