Russell Martin calls it....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we please stop this, Anything can happen yet , I won't be happy until we are 6 points Infront with one game left.

Of course it can, but in all likelihood, will it?

Who is Russell Martin? Is it some sort of mashup between the lead singer of Coldplay and the drummer from Gorillaz?

He was bitching and moaning all afternoon like a spoilt little girl, it’s clear where his diving cheating team get their lead from so I won’t waste any of my time reading what comes out of his mouth. Good luck any prem team that takes a chance on his boring ineffective football

His team should be reported to the FA for bringing the game into disrepute with all of their dishonesty today. I've seen diving and claiming for throws ins that clearly aren't yours before, but they took it to new extremes today. Jay Fulton and Ollie Cooper were the worst culprits with their shameful diving, even when there was no contact at all, or anyone near them. Imagine being a kid growing up wanting to be a footballer, and these are the role models that they watch. Martin should be ashamed of himself for his team's blatant cheating today.

Of course it can, but in all likelihood, will it?
Twice in the past 17 years we've been caught from seemingly extremely comfortable positions by teams on insane runs at the end of the season.

So to answer your question, it might very well.

At the end of the press conference Martin was asked what makes Sheffield United so good?

His reply was experience, physicality, quality individuals, squad strength and in-game management.

He made reference to there being a spell in the 2nd half where Swansea were getting on top.
So Sheff Utd knew how to break that momentum doing clever fouls or going down for fouls to break play.
Commented that Berge scored a great goal but said he cost over £20 million and shouldn't really be playing at Championship level.

He also said that we are the most experienced and best team in the league at mixing it up so we can have spells playing some nice passing football
but then switch to playing direct/ long ball play bypassing midfield playing more of a battling pragmatic style, no other team does this as well as us.

AND FINALLY Martin commented that Bramall Lane is a really tough place for an away team to visit because "their crowd buy in to what they're trying to achieve".

He had no doubts that both Burnley and Sheff United will definitely be promoted at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Twice in the past 17 years we've been caught from seemingly extremely comfortable positions by teams on insane runs at the end of the season.

So to answer your question, it might very well.

I'd still fancy our odds against 2 out of 17.

Smashing Boro, or just not losing on Wednesday will put a lot of nerves to rest I suppose

One game at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you...

I hear you, and it's normally how I look at things too. But I am just so confident in this group of players. Let's just see Boro off first though, I get it.

Boro is definitely our seasons '6 pointer, win Wednesday and we not only strengthen òur position, but we also get the extra momentum and belief that this is actually happening this season!
Aslong as we dont lose were good, but a win over our nearest rivals and we can start to believe.

Complacency is the enemy..

The Boro game is the biggest of the season so far, and I hope the players are up for it, they're also on a great run but if we can put the skids on it then it might affect the games that follow for them..

Wonder if wilder will be on sky sports commenting 🙄

At the end of the press conference Martin was asked what makes Sheffield United so good?

His reply was experience, physicality, quality individuals, squad strength and in-game management.

He made reference to there being a spell in the 2nd half where Swansea were getting on top.
So Sheff Utd knew how to break that momentum doing clever fouls or going down for fouls to break play.
Commented that Berge scored a great goal but said he cost over £20 million and shouldn't really be playing at Championship level.

He also said that we are the most experienced and best team in the league at mixing it up so we can have spells playing some nice passing football
but then switch to playing direct/ long ball play bypassing midfield playing more of a battling pragmatic style, no other team does this as well as us.

AND FINALLY Martin commented that Bramall Lane is a really tough place for an away team to visit because "their crowd buy in to what they're trying to achieve".

He had no doubts that both Burnley and Sheff United will definitely be promoted at the end of the season.
Those comments are absolutely spot on.

Back
Top Bottom