Chris to Hearts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He'd be better waiting or going to reading to try and achieve something more remarkable and get his stock back up.

At hearts he'd have to do exceptional to get much recognition for it.
Considering that Chris will forever be in our hearts I think Hearts is the ideal job for him.

Clever move by hearts when we are about to release alot of players from his golden era here. Since they are already well drilled with his system they should do well in that poor league.

Clever move by hearts when we are about to release alot of players from his golden era here. Since they are already well drilled with his system they should do well in that poor league.
Fleck back to Scotland? Doubt they could afford the wages tbh

I think this would be a good move.

Get out of England for a little bit. Time is a great healer.

Most recently he's the guy who disappointed at Middlesbrough while a rookie came in and put things right. He's probably done ok financially there and at Watford, but at the latter he couldn't make an impact so he's also not quite got the Red Adair instant impact tag that Warnock is vacating.

Go to Hearts. Live in a beautiful city. Aim to finish 3rd or 4th. Experience Europe. Upset a few minnows. Maybe try the overlapping wing-backs in Scotland and see if that variation works. I've moaned that he's been wedded to 3-5-2 a bit, but it might give him some uniqueness there or even try something else new.

Either way, allows him to build himself up again. The ironic thing is that Beale is Rangers boss and hasn't got half the profile of Wilder. Do a good job at Hearts and one of the Auld Firm roles might come up.

GLTTL

Twitter ITK convinced he's signed at Reading and it's being announced this week.

Fleck back to Scotland? Doubt they could afford the wages tbh

Think fleck would only get a league 1 contract IMO

Past couple of seasons how many good games has he had? 1 against forest in the play-offs maybe.

Twitter ITK convinced he's signed at Reading and it's being announced this week.
I'd be surprised if so. As well as being L1, they are in a perilous financial state so would have very little (if anything) for CW to blow on English players from the Champ. They do however still have a few players of value (Ejaria, Meite etc.) who may have to be sacrificed to cut costs but also enable new signings to be funded.

They're also giving up their Cat 1 Academy status due to the cost to upkeep.

I would probably call it a day if I was him. Hasn’t looked very healthy since getting sacked by us at both Boro & Watford.

Calling it... The club's a shambles and the players make individual errors which cost them the game and are not good enough.

Do Reading have any players worth buying for next season? Granted as a team they have been shit, but there may be the odd player or two there who might be decent and potentially PL quality and who we could pick up fairly cheaply as they are financially fucked? Last summer Swift might have been an option but his contact ran out a season too early. Actually, Swift might now be an option again as I bet WBA would probably let him leave on a free to cut costs. If he was, would we still want him after last season where he didn't exactly pull up any trees?

Do Reading have any players worth buying for next season? Granted as a team they have been shit, but there may be the odd player or two there who might be decent and potentially PL quality and who we could pick up fairly cheaply as they are financially fucked? Last summer Swift might have been an option but his contact ran out a season too early. Actually, Swift might now be an option again as I bet WBA would probably let him leave on a free to cut costs. If he was, would we still want him after last season where he didn't exactly pull up any trees?
Ejaria is an elegant, central midfielder who they signed from Liverpool for about £4m after an initial loan. He also played for England U20s and U21s.
He looked imperious at Champ level initially but didn't play much last season did to injury and had had disciplinary issues previously.
He'd be a punt at Prem level but would be relatively cheap (his contract expires in 2024) and as still only 25 with room to both improve and increase in value. If the budget is indeed as tight as some are making out (which I have my doubts about), he may be an option.
Apart from him, there's probably on Meite, a quick, mobile forward who usually plays wide. I'm not sure he's Prem level thought.

Back
Top Bottom