Sheffield United Q&A including Paul Heckingbottom, Chris Wilder, contracts and transfer delay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hardly helpful for NH to say that CW will definitely be coming back…………

He didn't say he was definitely coming back. He said they have mended their relationship (the Prince and CW) and he can see him coming back in the future if the stars align. For that to happen then something drastic has to change re Hecky and the board, and CW needs to be available and out of work if/when PH moves on. For all we know PH could be at Utd for another 10 years, and when that day comes will PA still be the owner ? If not then there would be no previous connection with the owner and CW and the latter would be just another previous manager of SUFC who may or may not be available at any given time. With the firm backing that the club currently has for PH, I cannot see a return to the Lane happening for CW any time soon and he will have to wait a while to come back if indeed he ever does (as manager).

I wouldn't be surprised if CWs agent had contacted the Daily Mail to get a story out which was a load of shit. Possibly testing the water at Utd (as I'm sure he realises now what he had at the Lane) and getting his name mentioned nationally again to highlight his current availability. Managers can soon be added to the forgotten about pile in football management when they have been out of work for a period as the football industry is fickle. That's why you see out if work managers doing punditry work as it keeps them in the consciousness of football club owners for potential future vacancies. In short, don't expect to see CW rocking up at the Lane anytime soon unless Hecky had a brain fart.

Personally, I don't really want CW back in the future. I will forever be grateful to him for what he did in his tenure at the club but that is history now. He was well remunerated for his efforts and we were good for each other, but time moves on and sometimes (just like old girlfriends who you can look back on with great affection and memories) it's better just to leave them in the past and to keep them as memories. Create new great times with different people instead. I hope that one day in the future we are looking back at PHs long tenure as our manager also with great affection - as that means he's done really well with us.

Last edited:
He didn't say he was definitely coming back. He said they have mended their relationship (the Prince and CW) and he can see him coming back in the future if the stars align. For that to happen then something drastic has to change re Hecky and the board, and CW needs to be available and out of work if/when PH moves on. For all we know PH could be at Utd for another 10 years, and when that day comes will PA still be the owner ? If not then there would be no previous connection with the owner and CW and the latter would be just another previous manager of SUFC who may or may not be available at any given time. With the firm backing that the club currently has for PH, I cannot see a return to the Lane happening for CW any time soon and he will have to wait a while to come back if indeed he ever does (as manager).

I wouldn't be surprised if CWs agent had contacted the Daily Mail to get a story out which was a load of shit. Possibly testing the water at Utd (as I'm sure he realises now what he had at the Lane) and getting his name mentioned nationally again to highlight his current availability. Managers can soon be added to the forgotten about pile in football management when they have been out of work for a period as the football industry is fickle. That's why you see out if work managers doing punditry work as it keeps them in the consciousness of football club owners for potential future vacancies. In short, don't expect to see CW rocking up at the Lane anytime soon unless Hecky had a brain fart.

Personally, I don't really want CW back in the future. I will forever be grateful to him for what he did in his tenure at the club but that is history now. He was well remunerated for his efforts and we were good for each other, but time moves on and sometimes (just like old girlfriends who you can look back on with great affection and memories) it's better just to leave them in the past and to keep them as memories. Create new great times with different people instead. I hope that one day in the future we are looking back at PHs long tenure as our manager also with great affection - as that means he's done really well with us.
Maybe a career change for CW!

Just my thoughts!
After his recent failures could he be looking into scouting an important job is this,! Chief scout working with the
Club on all aspects within the club.
Paul Mitchell chief scout isn't getting any younger.
A big part would be working with Hecki?
A blend made in heaven would it work?.

Maybe a career change for CW!

Just my thoughts!
After his recent failures could he be looking into scouting an important job is this,! Chief scout working with the
Club on all aspects within the club.
Paul Mitchell chief scout isn't getting any younger.
A big part would be working with Hecki?
A blend made in heaven would it work?.

I couldn't see that happening in a month of Sundays. Wilder has too much of an ego and wants to be too dog in his workplace. It works for some (some ex managers have taken up lesser roles such as Alan Knill, or our current defence coach Mark Hudson) but generally managers see themselves as that. Wilder is one of these. To be fair, I wouldnt want CW to be on the scouting team either if the levels of recruitment in his last 18 months at the Lane were anything to go by! He did some dog shite business.

"Hi Nathan, I've never watched football before, it's just flashing colours and noise, I don't really understand it. But here is my question anyway - Are the staff happy with how Souza is developing? Seems like he is not having the impact on games he was expected to."

If it wasn’t for Covid and Jack O’Connell getting injured I believe Wilder would still be in charge and we’d be a solid prem team.

Back
Top Bottom