Basham interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berkshire Blade

Reaction score
Still unsure if he's going to play again all these months on. A horrific injury but especially painful when he's such a legendary figure

Still unsure if he's going to play again all these months on. A horrific injury but especially painful when he's such a legendary figure

Not sure he is coming back from this injury. The fact he needed to go back for another operation and is still using crutches after all this time.

Not sure he is coming back from this injury. The fact he needed to go back for another operation and is still using crutches after all this time.
Considering he turns 36 over the summer I can't see it happening unfortunately for him. Muscle injuries players can probably get by day to day life pretty normally but Bash hasn't had a normal day since October. It's bad enough for us watching the games but must be hell for him

Didn't know he'd had to go back into hospital. Must be really hard on him not knowing what the future holds.
Would be great to see him in a Blades shirt again but I suspect it won't be in a competitive game.

Blokes a bonafide United legend. I hope whatever decision he chooses (personally think he’ll call it a day) he goes to live life to the fullest. Testimonial match, statue and key to the city for a truly wondrous player.

Sad for him but i dont think he will play again,that was a terrible injury.

The referee in that Fulham game is the same referee tonite Sam Barrott de ja vu,fingers crossed all get thru the game safely.

Get him on the coaching team. Might take him a while to learn coaching but it can't be any worse than that fluff from Cardiff under Hecky.

Sounds like he'll be lucky to be fully fit by late next season, but I could see him playing at a lower level until he's 40 or older. Sadly barring a miracle he won't play in the PL again.

Someone said he had been offered a job on our coaching staff, I am sure he could bring so much initially to the development squad, always assuming he has his badges.

Be nice if the club can bring him in to the coaching side . Not many legends left

Honestly not sure I'd bother given the career he's had, sure there may be part of him that wants to do it but he's made his money - make sure you get yourself right for your family's sake.
Long time retired though. Even if he got a gig in league one or two that's a good wage for playing football even if it's only for a year or two

What are his qualifications and experience for coaching?
Unsure on qualifications, I’d be shocked if he’d not done any. Experience wise he’s been in the game years, been at the lowest, and rose through the leagues. He’s captained the blades several times and knows what’s required for a team chasing promotion into the top league, he’s also experienced a team languishing in the lower leagues. Think he’d make a fantastic defensive coach personally.

Just hope club looks after him, i know we dont owe him a living but just help him to go forward in his life.

Would still expect better tackling and positional sense from Basham in his current state than Trusty.

If there's any chance of him playing again, I'd keep him around next season, not as a coach but a backup member of the squad to give a bit of experience and guidance to what's probably going to be a very young team.

Would still expect better tackling and positional sense from Basham in his current state than Trusty.

If there's any chance of him playing again, I'd keep him around next season, not as a coach but a backup member of the squad to give a bit of experience and guidance to what's probably going to be a very young team.
How much a week do you think he's worth as a back up man?

He might have a different pain threshold to me, hot lava on my leg sounds like it would hurt me a lot.

Bash would be better playing on crutches than this shower of shit that are masquerading as pro footballers .

I love Basham and the interview genuinely brought a tear to my eye. I wish some of the so called players in the first team at the moment had half as much pride in the shirt as Bash has shown over the years.

I met Bash at a dinner a few years ago and talked with him for some time. His intelligence, like ability communication and people skills really stood out over the other united players present. He would be a real asset to SUFC but fortunately for him is the kind of person who is going to be successful whatever path he takes. we certainly need people like him around in what looks like an increasingly toxic atmosphere in the club and between the players - a key factor in these drubbings.

Absolute legend. Injury like that and just a few months later he's carrying his shopping cart round the supermarket.

I jest, obviously. But not in the first sentence.

Good luck in everything, Bash.

Back
Top Bottom