Basham interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hope one of our pre-season matches is a testimonial for Basham. It's the least the bloke deserved.

A lot of my mates don't get why he's so loved by our fans and often say they couldn't see other clubs signing him even when he was at his best. The only way I could describe it was that at his best Basham was our most consistent and reliable player. He'd give you 6/10 or 7/10 every game, not often above or below that, but for that reason we all love him, as you'd get that nearly every match. If he ever had been sold then we'd have been devastated, but thankfully we got to enjoy ten seasons from the bloke, even if he was in decline for the last couple and arguably probably shouldn't have reached ten.

You know he's a legend when you could ask people to think of one image of Basham and we'd all come up with the Leeds match.

If it is the end for him he deserves a testimonial, He epitomises what it means to be a blade.

Id also like to see him added to coaching staff too

If it is the end for him he deserves a testimonial, He epitomises what it means to be a blade.

Id also like to see him added to coaching staff too
He deserves every accolade,he's been a credit to himself,Blades and football in general.Loyalty and proper attitude going about his work,rare commodities in the modern game,I'd also like to see him in a coaching capacity at the club.

Sadly I don't see him kicking a ball again at his age even at a lower level it is just not worth the risk. One tackle could make him a cripple, as it is he will make a recovery to a normal daily life like most people live but trust me when he gets into his fifties the aches and pains start, that's when he will feel it.

Back
Top Bottom