Match Thread Manchester City v. Sheffield United - 30th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANC
MANC
MANC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1703761786831.png vs. 1703761793576.png

Premier League Matchweek 20 - Saturday 30th December 2023 - 15:00 - Etihad Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/manchester-city-vs-sheffield-united.676/

Officials:

Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Tim Wood, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Simon Hooper
Assistant VAR: Simon Long

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park? - CLICK HERE FOR STADIUM PARKING

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.14.00.png

It was obvious to everyone that the skill gap was huge.. we were playing perhaps the best team in the world; heck they showed off all 5 trophies won in 2023!!

Whatever mistakes were made to put this team together, I personally think its very unfair to say the players didn't give a damn in this game, they gave everything they had but when you're playing a team with the financing and player caliber that MCI had, well, it was great experience and experiences we can use going forward.

Give the team some credit for keeping it at 0-2.

toledo
Giving credit is not really The Blades Forum way!

Like you got drenched on way back into town. The game was boring with a few moments of excitement when we attacked. Did think that 2-0 was a good result and yes we are leagues apart in ability, but we ain’t going to change that. Talking to a Man City fan after the game who stated they never felt comfortable during the game and they need a striker. Oh to be in that situation, with amount of talent they have on the pitch. A 2-0 nil loss in my eyes was a victory, so we must be doing something right with our limited resources. A big well done to the blades who made the journey. True fans. Proud to be one of you

Well, at least we are the only team to have played them twice before they motor on 2nd half of the season. Looking at the remaining fixtures, we have had a tough first 20 games. We have played 6 out of the top 8 away from home, Citeh twice and 7 out of the top 10 away. So our 2 points away from home stat is not surprising tbh.
It is a real shame we didn't pick up more points from some of our other weaker opponents. Luton at home was a comedy performance. Not surprised Wilder was so pi**ed off. We should have won that, and maybe Florist away. Had we done that we would be much closer to survival.
Clutching at straws I know, but look at Florist, Brentford and Lutons 2nd half of the season. Much more difficult than ours. Burnley not too bad. Luton will falter, I'm sure, injuries and suspensions will damage them. There is a glimmer of hope imo. It depends on other teams results, but we still have something to fight for, especially at home. We can hurt teams at the Lane. Softer away fixtures. Let's not give up yet. The team is better organised for sure. If we can get to around 30 pts, who knows? We can build from here, Wilder and Knill will make sure of this.

That was the worst away end I’ve experienced in 10 years, easily. Amount of self entitled cunts amazed me. Shouldn’t really be a surprise seeing as it got so low down on loyalty points… see some of you at Gillingham 👍⚔️

No manager is going to take a team to City and voluntarily get hammered by 6. And goal difference come the end of the season may count. The sooner City toddle off into a Super League the better it will be for all of us.

That was the worst away end I’ve experienced in 10 years, easily. Amount of self entitled cunts amazed me. Shouldn’t really be a surprise seeing as it got so low down on loyalty points… see some of you at Gillingham 👍⚔️
Nothing to do with what points it dropped to. We went and wouldn't have enough if it'd stayed at very high points, and we made as much / more noise as anybody.
The 'bigger blades than thou' aren't necessarily the most enthusiastic you know.

No manager is going to take a team to City and voluntarily get hammered by 6. And goal difference come the end of the season may count. The sooner City toddle off into a Super League the better it will be for all of us.
That's true to an extent, although our goal difference will be hard to change now.
I was disappointed we didn't push harder on the couple of decent looking opportunities to do so in the second half. We stopped and turned back. I'd have took a goal conceded in that situation. Not all game obviously, we'd have been slaughtered, but have a go when we got half a chance.

forgot to say yesterday what was up with man city pre match. it was were cringingly awful, 1st what was the song that sounded like a cheesy 1960s saturday morning cartoon intro 😄

then seriously claiming the UEFA super cup. in a claim theyve won the BIG 5 & only english team to win 5 trophies in a calendar year. ive never seen the super cup get so much attention i was getting embarrassed for them, treble congratulations brilliant achievement, club world cup is very tough to get to for all sir alexs achievements he only made it to 2 in his career. but not the uefa super cup. its like saying claiming youve won the treble & saying FA Cup, League Cup & Community Shield

Screenshot_20231231_095332_Gallery.jpg

It’s all those 0’s that’s pissed me off this season. I know in the big scheme of things, a loss is a loss. But although they are losing games too, Burnley, Luton and all the other teams near the bottom very rarely fail to score in games, this is the obvious advantage our relegation rival have over us. All this season scoring goals has been like trying to shit out an anvil…We really are that constipated up the other end of the pitch.
If a miraculous reversal of fortune is going to happen…we need to be scoring more fucking goals…ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom