Outgoing? Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m a huge Wilder fan, think he’s done a top top job at United and hope he will be with us for many years yet.
Our own Brian Clough in some ways.

However...what the actual fuck was the point of this signing?
He was completely dreadful nearly the whole time he was here and we tracked him and chased him like we have with Hogan!
A man completely out of his depth.
He’s at his level that’s for sure

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m a huge Wilder fan, think he’s done a top top job at United and hope he will be with us for many years yet.

He was completely dreadful nearly the whole time he was here and we tracked him and chased him like we have with Hogan!
Come on, he wasn't that bad. I remember a couple of games (Wolves? ) where he looked a threat. Just one of those signings we outgrew too quickly.

Swing and a miss mate. It happens.

Yeah, I realise you can’t get it right every time, no manager does. His success rate is better than most mind.
Just astonished how far off he was with this one. From the moment he arrived he looked like a bloke pulled from the stands desperate to do well but running around aimlessly with no real clue.
Oh well, the lad did well out of it I assume.

Sounds like he needs a move asap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190624-101237_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-101237_Twitter.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 124
Whereas one of the easiest things fot him to do as a footballer is to do a few hours training i.e. playing football each day, before looking at his very healthy bank balance and monthly wage.

He probably gets paid very well for his 'inconvenience'. Its a bit of a sod too, when i have to travel far and wide (away from my family too) when i go abroad to work. I do it though cos its good money and it pays for my family to have a very nice standard of living. Its a sacrifice worth doing and its life (for the record im currently sat in an airport waiting to travel to eastern europe where i wont see my family for another 10 days or so).

What i dont do is fkin moan about my lot in life on twitter... nor have i just had the last near 2 months off work doing nothing / spending time with my family each day. Some footballers and their self pitying attitudes dont half get on my fkin tits at times. He cant fuk off quick enough for me.

Whereas one of the easiest things fot him to do as a footballer is to do a few hours training i.e. playing football each day, before looking at his very healthy bank balance and monthly wage.

He probably gets paid very well for his 'inconvenience'. Its a bit of a sod too, when i have to travel far and wide (away from my family too) when i go abroad to work. I do it though cos its good money and it pays for my family to have a very nice standard of living. Its a sacrifice worth doing and its life (for the record im currently sat in an airport waiting to travel to eastern europe where i wont see my family for another 10 days or so).

What i dont do is fkin moan about my lot in life on twitter... nor have i just had the last near 2 months off work doing nothing / spending time with my family each day. Some footballers and their self pitying attitudes dont half get on my fkin tits at times. He cant fuk off quick enough for me.
Ahh the age old “he gets paid a lot so can’t complain” argument 🙄

Money makes everything alright

Very naive viewpoint

I'd sooner cry in a bugatti than on a bus
Wouldn't everyone?
Doesn't mean footballers are all happy as larry. It's not an easy profession despite what people think.

You can have all the money in the world and still be depressed. Mad ain't it? Well actually no it's not, not to anyone with half a brain cell anyway.

What an awful opinion to hold.

Wouldn't everyone?
Doesn't mean footballers are all happy as larry. It's not an easy profession despite what people think.

You can have all the money in the world and still be depressed. Mad ain't it? Well actually no it's not, not to anyone with half a brain cell anyway.

I did say 'I'. 'I' would sooner. Not him. Or you. Me.

I don't take talk of depression lightly whatsoever.

Theres a great player in there. He just happened to be here when getting Duffy out of the side is a near impossibility. Think he also had Brooks to compete with (my timing might be off there) and then McGoldrick being an option there. I just think he’s another case of the club moving on quicker than anyone expected and outgrowing certain players.

Dont think theres an issue with his character either; comes across well whenever I’ve seen/read interviews and Wilder speaks very highly of him. Maybe its just a case of getting to his mid thirties and seeing his kids starting to grow up, parents and family members getting older, etc that makes him feel he wants to be nearer home and see them more? Its different when your in your early 20’s, with no ties, pulling good money; going out and living in new cities is an adventure. If he’s made enough wedge, then there comes a point where priorities change. Nothing wrong with that.

Ahh the age old “he gets paid a lot so can’t complain” argument 🙄

Money makes everything alright

Nope it doesnt maje everthing alright. He can as unhappy as he likes and moan to whoever the fuk he likes.

Just two things to point out though.

1) if you are so unhappy with your working life....just give it up. No one is making the lad be a professional footballer, just like no one is making me have my job. Its my choice to take the rough with the smooth. Find something else to do....or does the money come in rather useful instead.

2) dont moan about yout lot on twitter. Theres a shit load of people out there who have a shit load more to.moan about than a professional footballer having to be away from hos family for a bit of time. Life sucks at times, we all dont go bleating about it on social media.

Very naive viewpoint
What an awful opinion to hold.
Going slightly off topic I’ve never understand it. It’s like the Northern Rail strikes we’ve had over the last year, instantly people were straight in with “they’re paid stupid money for an easy job and now they’re turning down more” arguments and it reality it’s never that simple... to them it was about the safety of having a guard on board at all times.

I guess my point is people like to think they know everything and in reality they often don’t.

Very naive viewpoint

In your opinion. Which doesnt really count for shit really.

Perhaps i just happen to have more life experience than you have and dont go in for the 'feel sorry for mi sen' brigade.

Nope it doesnt maje everthing alright. He can as unhappy as he likes and moan to whoever the fuk he likes.

Just two things to point out though.

1) if you are so unhappy with your working life....just give it up. No one is making the lad be a professional footballer, just like no one is making me have my job. Its my choice to take the rough with the smooth. Find something else to do....or does the money come in rather useful instead.

2) dont moan about yout lot on twitter. Theres a shit load of people out there who have a shit load more to.moan about than a professional footballer having to be away from hos family for a bit of time. Life sucks at times, we all dont go bleating about it on social media.

Aren’t you contradicting yourself here? You say he can moan to who he wants but then go on to say he can’t on twitter.

Just because he’s a footballer doesn’t mean he’s got it any less than someone else

Aren’t you contradicting yourself here? You say he can moan to who he wants but then go on to say he can’t on twitter.

Just because he’s a footballer doesn’t mean he’s got it any less than someone else

Alright then for clarity. Imo he can moan to who the fuk he likes, but mainly i mean people he knows, his boss, his pals, his colleagues etc. And yes he can moan about his lot in lifr on social media too, its his right to do so. However ive always thought that the latter is not the right way to go about it. I moan from time to time about things, i talk to my missus, pals, colleagues etc. What i dont do (personally) is feel the need to tell everyone on twitter about why im moaning. Ok?

Last edited:
In your opinion. Which doesnt really count for shit really.

Perhaps i just happen to have more life experience than you have and dont go in for the 'feel sorry for mi sen' brigade.
No, not my opinion, just a very fucking naive viewpoint

Second sentence. Wow. What a tool you are.

No, not my opinion, just a very fucking naive viewpoint

Second sentence. Wow. What a tool you are.

I repeat. In your opinion, which doesnt really count for shit really.

And im not the one who refers to myself on a football forum as an 'ex pro and cult figure'..... seems that there are a lot of 'tools' knocking about.

I repeat. In your opinion, which doesnt really count for shit really.

And im not the one who refers to myself on a football forum as an 'ex pro and cult figure'..... seems that there are a lot of 'tools' knocking about.
My opinion is that I value mental health a lot higher than you do, thinking that money is the be all and end all and all footballers should be happy.
Your view of it is dated and thank god your type tend to mostly be from the older generation. It means mental health won't be viewed with the stigma it is at the moment in a decade or so.

"O BLUDDY ELL MAN UP!!!" Am i right?!?! Or am I right?!?!?

Oh no, your username is quite adept though.

Reading his post you'd think he'd have sympathy and understanding for the player, not disdain.
Reading his posts thus far on the subject I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about in fairness so will have to excuse him :)

My opinion is that I value mental health a lot higher than you do, thinking that money is the be all and end all and all footballers should be happy.
Your view of it is dated and thank god your type tend to mostly be from the older generation. It means mental health won't be viewed with the stigma it is at the moment in a decade or so.

"O BLUDDY ELL MAN UP!!!" Am i right?!?! Or am I right?!?!?

Oh no, your username is quite adept though.
Don't get sucked into it pal. Just laugh at the stupidity and dont give posts of this type a second thought.

Back
Top Bottom