CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison leaves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VwBlade

Reaction score
Wanted by Pardew at ADO Den Haag according to Ssn

Be seeing you Rav.
A bit of cash to recoup the wages we've wasted n jobs a fish, can't say he'll be missed.

Well it doesn't look to have worked out....

Shame.

Hope he finally gets settled somewhere and gets regular football instead of being a nomadic midfielder.

Not a shock he's linked with a move out. More a shock a premier League side took a gamble on him.

I know this means absolutely nothing but I do see him interacting with the other first teamers alot on social media, all positive stuff too.

Be interesting to see if he's included against Fylde.

I still think he could do a Lunny and push for a place in our second season.

Since we've done away with the no 10 role this season, I'm really not sure where his opportunity would come.

Freeman and Fleck seem relatively interchangeable in Wilder's mind.

Norwood starts, captains and plays a deep lying playmaker role while Besic offers an alternative of deep lying battler.

It leaves Lunny as box to box, and potential scorer and it would seem this would welcome a physical up and down rampaging midfielder to share the workoad.

As it is, I don't see Morrison quite fulfilling any of these and Chris is very much on defining roles and putting square pegs in square holes even to the extent of having left and right footers in central midfield and defence.

It's not Morrison's fault, it's just that our set up has evolved in a different direction.

I had a season ticket at ADO when I lived in The Hague. The Millwall of Dutch football. Slightly bewildering that Pards has fetched up there, but Dutch league football is slow paced; might suit a technically gifted player like Rav.

We played them pre-season there, around 2006/7. There was a lot of trouble before the game, kicked off in a bowling alley. I remember being in that little ground & it had a moat in front of the away end. Heard monkey chants directed at some of our players too. Pretty sure we couldn't leave the ground as a load of Feyernood fans had turned up waiting for us to leave - although could be getting this confused with Sparta Rotterdam. Was a fun few days, but heard the the same thing regarding Ado - "Millwall of Holland."

Heard a bit of a rumour about Ravel, that his attitude and ability are "bob-on", but he just can't "get" our system and fit into it.

Shame if true.........

Heard a bit of a rumour about Ravel, that his attitude and ability are "bob-on", but he just can't "get" our system and fit into it.

Shame if true.........

I always thought Ravel would be brought in to play the Duffy role, free roaming behind the strikers, maybe I was wrong?

Either way, it seems that everyone agrees that the lad has bags of talent, but for some reason, just can't put all the bits in place.

I always thought Ravel would be brought in to play the Duffy role, free roaming behind the strikers, maybe I was wrong?

Either way, it seems that everyone agrees that the lad has bags of talent, but for some reason, just can't put all the bits in place.
That's the role i see him, and probably what Tufty did too. Seeing as we've stuck to the "midfield 3" all season, it's limited L Freeman's chances, and Ravel is behind him.

That's the role i see him, and probably what Tufty did too. Seeing as we've stuck to the "midfield 3" all season, it's limited L Freeman's chances, and Ravel is behind him.

While the midfield didn't seem to "tick" last night at Anfield, it's difficult to see anyone dislodging the three lads we have there, for now at least.

Shame if true.........
The rumour being what I put on the shoutbox a few days ago? :)

It's true, he's just a bit thick when it comes to the tactic side of football. A bit thick generally speaking. But apparently a top lad.

The rumour being what I put on the shoutbox a few days ago? :)

It's true, he's just a bit thick when it comes to the tactic side of football. A bit thick generally speaking. But apparently a top lad.
I thought someone else told me, but you never know, it might have been yourself :)

I am in my 50s now, so anything is possible............

Edit: unless you know "Jonesy" - that's where i get a fair bit of info....

Back
Top Bottom