CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison leaves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many last chances does a fella get?

Sadly I don't think he has the right mentality for professional football at an elite level.

He doesn't know how to play in a system. He can't play without the ball. He won't put the required graft into the areas of his game which aren't strong - such as strength & conditioning..

I honestly think he'd benefit from a move to Salford, or the like. Somewhere where he's given freedom on the pitch to be the main man.

He's not good enough / fit enough to demand a role like that at the highest levels.

Sadly I don't think he has the right mentality for professional football at an elite level.

He doesn't know how to play in a system. He can't play without the ball. He won't put the required graft into the areas of his game which aren't strong - such as strength & conditioning..

I honestly think he'd benefit from a move to Salford, or the like. Somewhere where he's given freedom on the pitch to be the main man.

He's not good enough / fit enough to demand a role like that at the highest levels.

Bit harsh. Wilder has said multiple times his fitness and attitude have been good, however the rumour mill says he struggles with our complex tactics.

I agree with your point about him needing to be the main man somewhere, but that shouldn't be for Salford. He is better than that

Bit harsh. Wilder has said multiple times his fitness and attitude have been good, however the rumour mill says he struggles with our complex tactics.

I agree with your point about him needing to be the main man somewhere, but that shouldn't be for Salford. He is better than that

Fair enough. I've heard the same things out of Wilder with regards to Morrison, but note that he also has a fine balancing act to navigate with keeping the non-playing members of the squad happy.

There would be no benefit in him publicly displaying disappointment in Morrison, particularly given his previous for having a weak mentality & tendency to cause issues. He may also have wished for somebody to take him off our hands (as has happened), so in talking him up improved those odds.

I'm therefore of the opinion that, although Wilder said those things, they're probably not to be taken at full face value. Tellingly, Sharp said that Morrison was racking up the most fines for poor punctuality as early as August. Morrison's response to Sharp was apparently that he "wasn't bothered." I know Sharp wasn't meaning to throw him under the bus, it was a light hearted story, but it said a lot to me.

I've watched Morrison's performances for us & I don't see a Premier League, or Championship footballer right now. You can't carry someone at those levels.

Agree with a lot of the comments on here but it's also important to remember our midfield has been on fire this season. It's been very difficult to displace any of the main 3 then you've got Besic and Freeman in the queue. Messi would struggle to get in our team at the minute never mind Morrison :)

What's the point in a loan? Stearman was outta contract in the summer and his went permanent.

Presumably down to either the buying club not being bothered about having him past the summer at this stage (remember Stearman got a contract with Huddersfield past this summer), or it just being the simplest way of getting the deal done. Permanent deal also requires some negotiation re: paying remaining wage on the contract I suspect, whereas a loan may mean we continue to pay a %, so Boro potentially more willing to go with that.

It needs to come from your head and your heart, not just your feet.

He'll look back one day and his career will have passed him by, I really thought he'd show us more than he has, what a waste of talent

How apt. I read that post and "I'm Outta Time" by Oasis is playing on radio.

Didn't exactly impress in the two games I saw him against Sunderland and Fylde. Was definitely worth a shot bringing him in just on the off chance Wilder could get something out of him, but unfortunately the quicker we get rid, the better I say.

I'm gonna stick to my gut and say there's still a chance for him with us. Happy to be proved wrong of course, but as I've mentioned on numerous occasions I just think we'll begin tweaking the way we play in season 2 in Prem if we stay up and he'll be some sort of part of that probably from the bench.

I have no idea why I think it, I just do.

Don’t we have a 1 yr option here ?

Win Win.

If he tears it up, we will get a fee in the summer.

UTB

Reactions: BV

Never really gonna work..especially under our system ...guessing it did t cost a lot for training competition for our boys..

Not gonna be missed ..In fairness

For me, he's obviously talented, and his attitude has been fine for us and on the pitch, apart from his first game where he chopped someone down and looked a reyt mess, he's been quite tidy and shown some good touches, I also think for the game against Fylde he showed half decent positional discipline, but I think the problem is that his heart just isn't in it.

He might like football, he might love training, but when I see him play I see no desire for playing the game and earning points.

GLTTL though and hopefully it works out for him somewhere, won't be with us though I imagine.

Don’t we have a 1 yr option here ?

Win Win.

If he tears it up, we will get a fee in the summer.

UTB

I know nothing of his attitude, aptitude, or general demeanor like most seem to as I'm not on the inside, but I wish him all the best at getting things back on track. Saw him on the preseason games and genuinely thought he had something about him, sadly it didn't quite work for him here.
GLTTL.

Absolutely nothing against him but I can’t see him ever playing for us again. We’ve moved onto another level.

I'm gonna stick to my gut and say there's still a chance for him with us. Happy to be proved wrong of course, but as I've mentioned on numerous occasions I just think we'll begin tweaking the way we play in season 2 in Prem if we stay up and he'll be some sort of part of that probably from the bench.

I have no idea why I think it, I just do.

Do you like to gamble?

James Wilson and Ravel Morrison? That would have ended Salford's season.

If Wilder couldn't sort his head out then Woodgate has no chance. What a wasted talent.

Who said he couldn’t sort his head out? Hasn’t Wilder recently said that he’s great to have around?

I think this is just a case of us moving on faster than we thought we would so some players have been left behind, it’s happened to several others.

Who said he couldn’t sort his head out? Hasn’t Wilder recently said that he’s great to have around?

I think this is just a case of us moving on faster than we thought we would so some players have been left behind, it’s happened to several others.

He's bad news. The minute he left he unfollowed us on twitter. Petulance and mardy billy big bollocks for me and that's why his talent will never be realised. Wilder is hardly going to come out and say that is he?

Back
Top Bottom