Can we get to 23 points?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Our last dismal showing in the Prem ended with us on 23 points. 7 wins and 2 draws. 10 points still needed from 13 games that include Liverpool , Manure , Brentford and Newcastle all away, plus Arsenal, spurs and Chelsea at home. So that leaves probably 6 games to reach 23 and my maths say NOT A SCOOBY DOO. P.S Forgot today at Wolves but as if that makes any difference. An impossible ask.

Currently have 2 more points than at the same 25 game stage in 2021 so this season is actually better believe it or not (apart from the goals against figure) - it just seems worse now because the games aren't behind closed doors this time!

Another 3 points today.
Statistical certainty. We have a 100% away win record in February.

Our last dismal showing in the Prem ended with us on 23 points. 7 wins and 2 draws. 10 points still needed from 13 games that include Liverpool , Manure , Brentford and Newcastle all away, plus Arsenal, spurs and Chelsea at home. So that leaves probably 6 games to reach 23 and my maths say NOT A SCOOBY DOO. P.S Forgot today at Wolves but as if that makes any difference. An impossible ask.
Absolutely no chance

That’s the spirit

I predict

3- 0 to Utd
65% possession in Utds favour
Brewster to score 2 , and the other from Norwood

There - I’ve said it

COURAWW
I've put a £100 ACCA on that. I'll be a millionaire in a couple of hours.

It’s hard work. We’ve got a plucky side of incompetence out there today, partly down to injuries.

Brewster is like a pissed wasp, plenty of energy but unable to provide any pain to wolves.

At the back, 3 big centre halves and midfielders and yet we leave Larouci to ball watch and give them a free header

Its so painful this season, we got past the magic 11 points so now anything else is a bonus and I don't want us to stay up even with others getting points deductions, another year of this would be a miserable as the 5/6 years in League One, but at least we were picking up wins and had something to cheer about, this season as knocked the stuffing out of it, just ready for it to be over, then embrace the warmth of the championship.

Weeks ago I predicted we'd get to 29 🤪

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make 20

Its so painful this season, we got past the magic 11 points so now anything else is a bonus and I don't want us to stay up even with others getting points deductions, another year of this would be a miserable as the 5/6 years in League One, but at least we were picking up wins and had something to cheer about, this season as knocked the stuffing out of it, just ready for it to be over, then embrace the warmth of the championship.
I agree been crap for us all but we will be back. ⚔️

Reactions: MKY

Wouldn't make a difference to us if Forest and Everton both got -10, we still wouldn't stay up.

Forest and Everton both get -5 Burnley are 3 points from safety. Think they’ll stop up if that happens.

For us I’ve stopped looking at shit like that as it just provides further frustration when we fuck up again.

Forest and Everton both get -5 Burnley are 3 points from safety. Think they’ll stop up if that happens.

For us I’ve stopped looking at shit like that as it just provides further frustration when we fuck up again.
I haven’t looked at the table since about week 2 of the season. I couldn’t even tell you who was top either, hopefully not Liverpool.

Relegated teams pay the lowest wages. Not only are we paying poorly, but we're running their contracts down despite last seasons record performance. It's no surprise then some hesitate those tough tackles as most have a family/career to think of.

We have 2 (overlapping) ten game runs this season where we have taken at least 8 points, Wolves H - City A & Brentford H - Brighton H.

We've currently taken 4 points from the last 5 games, 5 points from the last 8.

We'd need 9 points from the last 10 games to reach 23. So we need the best run of form (over a 10 game split) of the season to get there

Fulham, Chelsea, Burnley, Forest, Spurs at home.
Liverpool, Man Utd, Brentford, Newcastle, Everton away

Of those, I think it's nailed on, potentially heavy defeats in 5. So 9 points from Fulham, Burnley, Forest Home & Brentford, Everton Away.

17 points is my guess

We have 2 (overlapping) ten game runs this season where we have taken at least 8 points, Wolves H - City A & Brentford H - Brighton H.

We've currently taken 4 points from the last 5 games, 5 points from the last 8.

We'd need 9 points from the last 10 games to reach 23. So we need the best run of form (over a 10 game split) of the season to get there

Fulham, Chelsea, Burnley, Forest, Spurs at home.
Liverpool, Man Utd, Brentford, Newcastle, Everton away

Of those, I think it's nailed on, potentially heavy defeats in 5. So 9 points from Fulham, Burnley, Forest Home & Brentford, Everton Away.

17 points is my guess
I believe we had 14 points with 10 games to go in 20-21. We then won 1 and lost 6 of the next 7 before winning 2 of the last 3.

I can see something similar here. In the last few fixtures, we're down, pressure is off , other teams will having nothing to play for and pride will matter more to our lot.

I believe we had 14 points with 10 games to go in 20-21. We then won 1 and lost 6 of the next 7 before winning 2 of the last 3.

I can see something similar here. In the last few fixtures, we're down, pressure is off , other teams will having nothing to play for and pride will matter more to our lot.
Maybe. But I would say that the fans being in the ground means there have been less games where the opposition just shut up shop as soon as they are in front. People like to celebrate goals

yes weve been terrible this season but the number of games where we should have gained points is undeniable we could easily have been sat on 21/22 points

We’re gonna go on a seven-match unbeaten run with five wins and two draws, then lose one and draw one. That’ll add 18 points to our total, leaving us sitting pretty on 32 points.

Back
Top Bottom