CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison signs for the Blades!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A spell abroad in another culture was maybe what he needed,it would have opened his eyes a bit at least.We'll see.

Can’t wait to see see him after a good pre season
Looks like his fitness has been questionable,no doubting his talents

I think with all these attacking midfield signings it is more and more likely that we will line up similar to what we did 2nd half against betis... A 3-4-3 with a out and out CF partnered by whatever is needed for the opposition we are going to come up against.

It’s such a low risk though as Freeman and Duffy are both great at number 10. Effectively if Ravel is crap he’ll just be jettisoned. CW is absolutely ruthless like that.
Surely Robinson is a main striker? Morrison/Freeman/Duffy for CAM
I think with all these attacking midfield signings it is more and more likely that we will line up similar to what we did 2nd half against betis... A 3-4-3 with a out and out CF partnered by whatever is needed for the opposition we are going to come up against.

Everyone seems to have him down as a CAM. For me given how natural a finisher he is we should be looking for him to challenge our current strikers. I can see him coming off the bench to stretch defences when we need an outlet.

He needs the love of a good woman

Or a good bloke should he be that way inclined

Everyone seems to have him down as a CAM. For me given how natural a finisher he is we should be looking for him to challenge our current strikers. I can see him coming off the bench to stretch defences when we need an outlet.

Or a good bloke should he be that way inclined

Yes of course, whatever makes him happy,

He’s also played as a deep lying playmaking midfielder. Very different to Norwood but possibly competition for him.

From what I've seen from fans of his recent clubs, it sounds like he could also be backup to Fleck, nice to have a player who can play CAM and CM

I'd hazard a guess that not living in Manchester would be one of the requirements of him signing on.

Having read his charge sheet, it seems he was an angry and incredibly daft young man. Hopefully there's enough older heads around to put an arm round him, tell him to stop being a dick and knuckle down.

I think those comments are echoed by Blades everywhere Linz. Talent alone has never been enough, no matter what walk of life you happen to be in. Wilder alone won't be enough, but in the context of the club there will be plenty of level-headed types willing to either put an arm around him or tug his ear and tell him to shape up. It's his choice, and surely he realises that he can fulfil his promise at a club where big-time Charlies are given sort shift. He doesn't have to be an intellectual, all he needs to do is portray those undoubted skills to good effect if selected.

I saw him as a young 'un, and to be honest he was spectacular. But what followed was one inexplicable horror show after another, accusations of theft from colleagues, assaults on an ex and her mother, and so on. Shaming episodes that are never forgotten, but RM now has a chance to settle down, find somewhere nice to live, and there are no shortage of desirable homes on the outskirts of Sheffield, and maybe find someone who can love him and help him continue to mature.

Time will tell, but in his time here Wilder seems happy with what he's seen, so I'll give the fella the support he deserves.

I think those comments are echoed by Blades everywhere Linz. Talent alone has never been enough, no matter what walk of life you happen to be in. Wilder alone won't be enough, but in the context of the club there will be plenty of level-headed types willing to either put an arm around him or tug his ear and tell him to shape up. It's his choice, and surely he realises that he can fulfil his promise at a club where big-time Charlies are given sort shift. He doesn't have to be an intellectual, all he needs to do is portray those undoubted skills to good effect if selected.

I saw him as a young 'un, and to be honest he was spectacular. But what followed was one inexplicable horror show after another, accusations of theft from colleagues, assaults on an ex and her mother, and so on. Shaming episodes that are never forgotten, but RM now has a chance to settle down, find somewhere nice to live, and there are no shortage of desirable homes on the outskirts of Sheffield, and maybe find someone who can love him and help him continue to mature.

Time will tell, but in his time here Wilder seems happy with what he's seen, so I'll give the fella the support he deserves.
Beautifully put Sir!

Hope he gets back to this level of performance,first home game should be interesting if Zaha is still at Palace,and Ravel gets picked to play.

Indeed find " love" so last century but beautiful all the same. I used to look for " love" all the time

In my experience, and that's all this is, if you attempt to search for love you're generally fiddling without a bow. If it's going to happen it's when you least expect it to. It can hit you between the eyes without notice, but when it does happen then it's down to you and t'other person to be honest and do your very best to make the relationship work. Probably as tricky a life skill as I can think of, but if it works then you deserve all the plaudits going.

Should be " vaut la peine" ( worth the effort) as long as he doesn't blow a gasket. He's got some baggage with him

In my experience, and that's all this is, if you attempt to search for love you're generally fiddling without a bow. If it's going to happen it's when you least expect it to. It can hit you between the eyes without notice, but when it does happen then it's down to you and t'other person to be honest and do your very best to make the relationship work. Probably as tricky a life skill as I can think of, but if it works then you deserve all the plaudits going.

It's whistles and bells for me fluttering tummy nerves and fluffy bunny rabbits. And not a little stirring in the old John Thomas area.

I've seem comments, based on this interview, that have been, how shall I say, less than complimentary.

Remember why he's here, not for his grasp of linguistics or syntax, but for what he can bring to the Blades, and hopefully give us that bit more creative quality that we'll need this coming season. When selected he'll receive all the support he'll need, then it'll be down to him to show he's good enough to remain in contention for a first team place. He could quite easily be the type of player that makes you happy to part with your money!

I've got a sneaky feeling this is another master stroke from Wilder.

The most successful and accurate judges of the game have made comment on his unbelievable talent.

Who else to get that out of him than the best British manager in the world right now?

Genuinely excited about this signing. Very much a wild card but if he does knuckle down and consistently fulfil the potential identified by Alex Ferguson then we could have a real player.

If he was here to play Richard III or Willy Loman, i'd say no way.
But he's here to play football.
So, let's review him after a good ten games, not his ability to recite poetry and incantations.

Well, I’ve said he’d be right enough for a gamble should he show the attitude and do a trial, they’ve had enough time and what seems like an age later he’s just signed, good deal and no risk should the rumoured behaviour resurface, hope he uses this as a platform to put his career back on track, as with Madine, the jury is still out though for a little longer.. do 2nd chances get better than this for a promising lad that threw it away..

Back
Top Bottom