CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison signs for the Blades!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doubt he is as fit as we and he would like and it will I expect take him a while, possibly until Christmas before he is in a position to make a positive contribution.
One year contract, we have option to extend for another one and then two years.
Decent basic and incentives for first team squad, bench, appearances etc. Is the way the deal will be sorted.
He can offer so much, must know this is his last chance and will know that Wilder is the man to get him focussed, not only as a footballer but as a person.
Glttl, hope he signs.

Picked up an injury but his actual cardiovascular fitness isn’t any of the concern, he only just left the club in Sweden.

Do contracts even mean anything these days? Think Mr Bruce just answered that 😂

Let's hope Morrison realises he'll be stacking shelves at Morrisons if he doesn't knuckle down next season.

From the O/S:

Exciting forward player Ravel Morrison is the latest addition to Chris Wilder's Premier League squad.
Following a trial period, the former Manchester United academy graduate has signed a one-year deal with an option for a longer stay with the Blades, having impressed boss Wilder and his coaching staff at Shirecliffe and during the squad's trip to Portugal, despite missing the victory over Real Betis with a minor injury.

"Ravel is an undoubted talent and we are delighted that we have put together a deal that suits all parties," said Wilder. "I've spoken to a number of people about him and it is clear that he has serious ability.

"We are getting a fantastic footballer with a tremendous pedigree and this is a great opportunity for Rav, we believe we can help him get back to the level he wants to be.

"He's done extremely well during his time with us and it was great to have him in Portugal. It wasn't about him coming and being on trial because we knew about his abilities. Taking him with us was basically getting to know him and what he's about, what makes him tick and how he integrates with the players. Trips like what we have been on are invaluable for that."

The 26-year-old, capped by England at various age groups right through to U21 level, made his senior debut for the Red Devils in the League Cup in October 2010, having turned professional on his 17th birthday.

Morrison starred at Old Trafford in the FA Youth Cup final against the Blades, scoring twice in the second leg before gaining more first-team experience in cup competitions under Six Alex Ferguson.

In January 2012, Morrison joined West Ham for an undisclosed fee, scoring three times in 18 appearances during his time at Upton Park, which also saw him loaned to Birmingham City, QPR and Cardiff City, whilst with the Hammers.

Having terminated his contract at West Ham early, Morrison made the switch to Italy, joining Lazio on a four-year deal in January 2015, before most recently representing Östersund in the Allsvenskan in Sweden last season.

Morrison is the fourth summer capture so far, joining Luke Freeman, Phil Jagielka and Callum Robinson in signing on at the Lane.

Sounds like a good low risk signing on a one year deal with the option to extend

Happy with this. Would have expected to have given him a game or two before he tied him up to a deal, however perhaps Wilder was thinking that others may have been watching. I doubt it but you never know.

If Wilder is happy with him (and he's all for his Due Dilligence of players), then I am.

We genuinely may have just signed one of the most talented players in our long history. Get this lad's head right and he will be dynamite for us. Getting this lad's head right however has proved beyond quite a few managers. Neither he nor we will ever get a better chance than this. I'm excited.

Really pleased with this. Hope his contract is watertight, both in case he gets into any trouble, but more importantly to secure his future, should he prove himself.

I think Quinny got called the worst PL defender of all time when he went to Newcastle? 😂 Was always my favourite Blade as a kid though. That kit was beaut wasn't it!?

My favourite too, was gutted when he left.

Strange career, didn't really play much after he left us and last I checked was an ex player and now manager for some Cornish team with a capacity of about 200.

Looking at how well we have treated Leon and Ched, it must have given Ravel and his agent a lot of confidence that even if he falls down again he'll be supported.
No one can tell the future but if the lad hasn't noticed things aren't working out by now I don't think he ever will.
Sounds like another Leon to me but if anyone can get a good season out of him it's our management team,

Ballotelli next then!

Low risk as long he’s on a sensible contract, ideally it’s pay as you play. Sounds a bit of a twat but I’ll trust Wilder, Madine is a twat and he did ok.

Exactly what I suggested this morning, the McGoldrick deal essentially. Low risk, sensible, offers incentives to the player to do well, a good piece of business if it comes off.
Exactly what I suggested last Thursday

Back
Top Bottom