CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison signs for the Blades!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Get him playing to anywhere near his best and we have a proper footballer on our hands. Low risk, reportedly low wages, potentially high reward.

No brainer bringing him on board.

GLTTL

Saw a video on Twitter with Kevin Nolan talking about Morrison’s days at West Ham.

He said he was popular lad in the dressing room and well liked.
However his problem was time keeping and a lack of reliability.

He said that Morrison had played really well for West Ham, was their most talented player and seemed so happy at the club.
Then the next day he failed to turn up for training, club officials tried to contact him but he’s turned off his mobile phone....no one could contact him.
Then ONE WEEK later he turned up for training smiling and acting as though nothing had happened and his absence wasn’t a big deal.
Apparently he failed to turn up to other events too. No phone call, no explanation.

Nolan said it might not seem mega serious but where do you draw the line?
And also it’s not fair on the other players if someone is treat differently and allowed to come and go when they want.

The big question has been about Morrison’s desire about how much he wants to be a pro footballer.
There are also reports (similar to the situation regards Sturridge) where he would refuse to play
The club doctor would declare him fit enough to play but he would refuse and only play when he was 100% fit.
Almost every player will play even when carrying knocks or minor injuries but apparently not Morrison.
Again people in the game questioned his desire to want to be a pro level footballer.

Could be problematic this.

This issue with Morrison have been well known for ages. I'm not sure why it's suddenly coming back up now.

Ravel comes across really well in this.

I understand that Ravel always comes across well and is usually well liked by his team mates, so he doesn’t damage team spirit in the normal sense.
It’s his relationship with Wilder that’s the key and whether he can be motivated enough to accept the hard work, discipline and routine of being a pro footballer.
Loving the game and playing it in the park or semi pro level in one matter but doing something you love, as a full time job, can sometimes take the shine off it.

In the video when Ravel says ‘Josh was speaking very highly of you”, assume he’s talking about the Bournmouth striker Josh King.
Ravel and King both started at Man United, at the same time, so would expect that they know each other quite well..
Also interesting to hear that Mousset was watching videos of Ravel on the drive up and Josh told him that Ravel is a good player too.

Last edited:

Ravel comes across really well in this.

Obviously don't know him personally, now or in the past, but I do remember what it was like to be in my late teens and early twenties as opposed to my later twenties and its a huge development mentally, your outlook and maturity. Some of the stuff I did in the first age group was very stupid and immature whereas I'd like to think I'd matured a lot more by 26! Ravel certainly doesn't seem a bad egg either.

Last edited:
Obviously don't know him personally, now or in the past, but I do remember what it was like to be in my late teens and early twenties as opposed to my later twenties and its a huge development mentally, outlook, and maturity. Some of the stuff I did in the first age group was very stupid and immature whereas I'd like to think I'd matured a lot more by 26! Ravel certainly doesn't seem a bad egg either.

Honestly, when I think back to my late teens early twenties, it's like remembering a film or TV show, I can hardly associate with it, I've been about two more completely different people since that pillock was about 😁

From all the history on Morrison it would seem his biggest issue is controlling his inner demons. It would seem he is okay in short spells but struggles when needing to do it consistently in everyday life. He has to break the cycle he has found himself in. The task is huge and there will undoubtedly be a need for a lot of help a long the way. Big commitment required from both the player and the club.

History is littered with lots of failures, but also some successes. Come on Ravel, you can be the next 'Cantona'.

if a footballer is comfortable and happy he performs
wilder has built his reputation on putting players in groups they enjoy being in
Ravel will get short shrift from CWAK on discipline but I dont think itll be a problem as the group encourage each other to move forward

if a footballer is comfortable and happy he performs
wilder has built his reputation on putting players in groups they enjoy being in
Ravel will get short shrift from CWAK on discipline but I dont think itll be a problem as the group encourage each other to move forward

That’s a theory and as a general rule obviously I agree with it. Really think he’s at the right club especially with Wilder being here.

The other theory is that Morrison’s bouts of poor behaviour is depression related.
So he might appear really happy at United on a big financial contract but one morning he might wake up and not want to go into work.
All of a sudden from no where he loses interest in being a pro footballer. You can be sure United will know his situation and have all the support made available.

That’s a theory and as a general rule obviously I agree with it. Really think he’s at the right club especially with Wilder being here.

The other theory is that Morrison’s bouts of poor behaviour is depression related.
So he might appear really happy at United on a big financial contract but one morning he might wake up and not want to go into work.
All of a sudden from no where he loses interest in being a pro footballer. You can be sure United will know his situation and have all the support made available.

I know exactly where he is coming from. Hope the support is there. I describe it as one morning someone suddenly sticks a big stick in the spokes of your bicycle wheel and you grind to a halt. The worst thing is you don't know why, which brings on a bit more panic and inability to move. I'll just pop off to the mental health thread with this, but if it is as described, GLTTL. He'll need it.

I actually think it's easier than that and more Gazza/Prince. He's too fucking good. He's delivered the first three albums, they're ace and classics. He knows he can deliver, but what really is the point. There's only so many notes on a guitar. Only so many reinventions of rhythm, cord change and solo. The curse of the artist/genius.

The key is to love him, show him different stuff to work to, keep him involved and ask his opinion and praise it when it comes off. I really hope this works. 😔🤔

In the video when Ravel says ‘Josh was speaking very highly of you”, assume he’s talking about the Bournmouth striker Josh King.
Ravel and King both started at Man United, at the same time, so would expect that they know each other quite well..
Also interesting to hear that Mousset was watching videos of Ravel on the drive up and Josh told him that Ravel is a good player too.
I thought it more likely to be Josh Kirk who’s part of the back room performance analysts team.

I know exactly where he is coming from. Hope the support is there. I describe it as one morning someone suddenly sticks a big stick in the spokes of your bicycle wheel and you grind to a halt. The worst thing is you don't know why, which brings on a bit more panic and inability to move. I'll just pop off to the mental health thread with this, but if it is as described, GLTTL. He'll need it.

I actually think it's easier than that and more Gazza/Prince. He's too fucking good. He's delivered the first three albums, they're ace and classics. He knows he can deliver, but what really is the point. There's only so many notes on a guitar. Only so many reinventions of rhythm, cord change and solo. The curse of the artist/genius.

The key is to love him, show him different stuff to work to, keep him involved and ask his opinion and praise it when it comes off. I really hope this works. 😔🤔

Cord change FFS. MUST BE PISSED. Chord fucking Chord. :mad:

At United ?
How would he know ?
How would one of our first team performance analysts know about him? It’s his job isn’t it and he’ll talk to other first teamers on the way back from Northampton about the analysis done on the new signing.
I’m not saying it was, it’s just who I thought it most likely to be.

How would one of our first team performance analysts know about him? It’s his job isn’t it and he’ll talk to other first teamers on the way back from Northampton about the analysis done on the new signing.
He'd just walked through the door

It’s not him referencing Josh is it, it’s sounds like its Morrison and the other United staff member?
So ravel sat down and had a chat with one of our analysts about our new signing and couldn't wait to talk to him about it ?
It's pretty obvious he's talking about Josh king a shared ex colleague

So ta else sat down and had a chat with one of our analysts about our new signing and couldn't wait to talk to him about it ?
It's pretty obvious he's talking about Josh king ,moussets a shared ex colleague
Clearly not pretty obvious, but there’s no need to get too upset about it. I think our first team players may talk to our analysis on the way back from a fixture, yes.

It's a possibility
Thanks, thats all I was suggesting.
Given how Ravels come into the club I’d be surprised if he’s not spent a fair bit of time with the performance guys going through his work in Portugal. But it was only a thought.

From all the history on Morrison it would seem his biggest issue is controlling his inner demons. It would seem he is okay in short spells but struggles when needing to do it consistently in everyday life. He has to break the cycle he has found himself in. The task is huge and there will undoubtedly be a need for a lot of help a long the way. Big commitment required from both the player and the club.

History is littered with lots of failures, but also some successes. Come on Ravel, you can be the next 'Cantona'.
Is everyone a psychologist these days? All we know is all we've been told by the media. The same media that tell us "Cat found in tree turns out to be long lost relative of Jimi Hendrix". Take everything with a pinch of salt, if you're hyped up so much from being 16, it's always gonna be a tricky path ahead. My advice is don't expect the next Cantona, but just a very good, naturally gifted player. At least then when he does turn out to be Cantona, we can all ride the gravy train too 😁

Errmm , we will see how good everybody is the first match against Bournemouth !!!

Talk the talk and walk the walk and all that !

Is everyone a psychologist these days? All we know is all we've been told by the media. The same media that tell us "Cat found in tree turns out to be long lost relative of Jimi Hendrix". Take everything with a pinch of salt, if you're hyped up so much from being 16, it's always gonna be a tricky path ahead. My advice is don't expect the next Cantona, but just a very good, naturally gifted player. At least then when he does turn out to be Cantona, we can all ride the gravy train too 😁
I'm not a mechanic, and couldn't fix it, but I would know if my car blew a head gasket.

Anyone at all concerned Rav's still not even on the bench tonight? Starting to wonder if its more than just a minor niggling injury??

Did CW mention anything in the post-match interview?

Anyone at all concerned Rav's still not even on the bench tonight? Starting to wonder if its more than just a minor niggling injury??

Did CW mention anything in the post-match interview?
Said he’s got a minor heel injury which is nothing to worry about but he doesn’t want to rush it and risk making it worst. Hopes he can play a part at the weekend

Back
Top Bottom