CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison leaves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We played them pre-season there, around 2006/7. There was a lot of trouble before the game, kicked off in a bowling alley. I remember being in that little ground & it had a moat in front of the away end. Heard monkey chants directed at some of our players too. Pretty sure we couldn't leave the ground as a load of Feyernood fans had turned up waiting for us to leave - although could be getting this confused with Sparta Rotterdam. Was a fun few days, but heard the the same thing regarding Ado - "Millwall of Holland."
I heard a lot about that once they found out I was a Sheff Utd fan! That was at the old ground, the Zuiderpark Stadion. They moved in 2007 to an out-of-town bowl, the Kyocera Stadium, which is where I watched them. Their matches are still heavily policed, even though they only get around 10,000 - I used to love cycling to the game, and chaining up my big old Dutch bike in front of the riot police and the dog vans.

I heard a lot about that once they found out I was a Sheff Utd fan! That was at the old ground, the Zuiderpark Stadion. They moved in 2007 to an out-of-town bowl, the Kyocera Stadium, which is where I watched them. Their matches are still heavily policed, even though they only get around 10,000 - I used to love cycling to the game, and chaining up my big old Dutch bike in front of the riot police and the dog vans.

Off Topic but is The Hague a rough area per se? Always struck me from snippets in the media that it was quite pleasant. Surprised me when I heard from other sources ADO wasn’t a trip for the faint hearted!

Rodley - it’s a great place. Way off topic, but I’m forever recommending people to visit Den Haag as well as, or even instead of, Amsterdam. Lived there from 2008 to 2014 and absolutely loved the place; would go back in a heart beat if the opportunity comes up again. It’s by the sea side, it’s the seat of government and the home of all the embassies, plus some international agencies so has plenty of nice restaurants, shopping etc, and everyone speaks English and is friendly enough to Brits.

Like any large-ish city, there are some less nice areas - round Holland Spoor station isn’t the best - but it’s generally a good spot. I believe other members of the forum SwissBlade ? Hamburg Blade ? also did some time in The Hague, so they can also chip in.

Rodley - it’s a great place. Way off topic, but I’m forever recommending people to visit Den Haag as well as, or even instead of, Amsterdam. Lived there from 2008 to 2014 and absolutely loved the place; would go back in a heart beat if the opportunity comes up again. It’s by the sea side, it’s the seat of government and the home of all the embassies, plus some international agencies so has plenty of nice restaurants, shopping etc, and everyone speaks English and is friendly enough to Brits.

Like any large-ish city, there are some less nice areas - round Holland Spoor station isn’t the best - but it’s generally a good spot. I believe other members of the forum SwissBlade ? Hamburg Blade ? also did some time in The Hague, so they can also chip in.

Never been, and always wanted to. I quite like Utrecht myself, easy to get to and easy to walk around.

Yeah i was there in 2005 and 2006, but made frequent trips back there from Kazakhstan until 2008. Lovely little city, i'd also go back in a heart beat as well.

I lived in the middle of town when i was there and loved the summer as you say to go to the seaside and just drink around town.

On the downside, i found there was an interesting "irish" scene there and there were some other interesting characters around there, which i think supply ADO with its fair share of nutters.

Great restaurants, bars and shops, the cost of living was decent and the rail/ road network meant i could also get to germany easily to see my mates and for the 2006 world cup

I travel there regularly with work and also really like the city. Some lovely architecture, great restaurants and shopping and a much nicer place overall than Amsterdam. I usually arrive at the Centraal train station late evening and have never experienced, seen or even heard of any sort of incident. For anyone visiting, Hotel Indigo is a great base from which to explore. It is a converted bank and retains a lot of the original features including a great bar in the basement vault.

Didn't live there, no, but have a friend who lives up the road so know the beach and a couple of restaurants. Nice place and would have no second thoughts about going there to live. The Netherlands has had a lingering problem with hooliganism, which is in contrast to its generally friendly and welcoming people. I don't know what it's like currently but would have that in the back of my mind if I was going to watch a match there (anywhere).

Didn't live there, no, but have a friend who lives up the road so know the beach and a couple of restaurants. Nice place and would have no second thoughts about going there to live. The Netherlands has had a lingering problem with hooliganism, which is in contrast to its generally friendly and welcoming people. I don't know what it's like currently but would have that in the back of my mind if I was going to watch a match there (anywhere).
Aye, went on a stag to amsterdam. We all had to dress up as iconic Dutch people, so I chose van Persie in full feyenoord strip.

The amount of shit I got didnt make it worthwhile, but I survived the experience unscathed 🤣

What's the weed like? (Genuine question)

While the midfield didn't seem to "tick" last night at Anfield, it's difficult to see anyone dislodging the three lads we have there, for now at least.
I see fleck as the safest. Norwood may get replaced by someone one day who can do what he does but also better at defending or other attributes. Lunny, not too sure, is it him or the system that makes him good?

As far as I've seen his main role is to run fuck loads from box to box especially late towards the goal to get rebounds. Given time in our system lots of athletic players could achieve this. I'm probably wrong though and is all just a thought.

Sky Sports news transfer show just reported that we’ll be allowing Ravel to leave during this window.
(Also added that CW is after a Centre half and a striker....)

Sky Sports news transfer show just reported that we’ll be allowing Ravel to leave during this window.
(Also added that CW is after a Centre half and a striker....)
Skysports said that?
A striker? I would have thought a couple of defenders and 1 maybe two midfielders.

Thats the idea behind the Ipswich lad, immediate cover but can develop into a first team player. Same of the Anderlecht player. What we dont want is too much aging cover that has no chance of developing into first 11 material

Sky reporting the Middlesbrough loan again today.

Yeah... a loan was mentioned yesterday but they're suggesting it might be permanent today.

I guess it’ll be a loan and then perm in the summer as he’s on a season contract with us... unless we cancelled his contract

It's no surprise that he made no impact here, but at least there didn't seem to be any blow-ups or tantrums. Widely reported to be a nice lad but he was never going to be good enough. Good luck (if you do move) Ravel!

It needs to come from your head and your heart, not just your feet.

He'll look back one day and his career will have passed him by, I really thought he'd show us more than he has, what a waste of talent

Back
Top Bottom