Portugal Pre Season (Lisbon)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I know the dates the players are there is from 16-23rd July. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on if they have a game lined up? Plenty of us wanting to fly out and could do with something being announced soon.

I know the dates the players are there is from 16-23rd July. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on if they have a game lined up? Plenty of us wanting to fly out and could do with something being announced soon.
Doubt owt will be released till the day before, the club has gone into quiet summer mode 😎

Hemmingham says they have one pencilled in, but nothing confirmed yet

McBurnie is defending his tiddlywinks title, Norwood is organising the midfielders-only game of Cluedo and I hear Wes generally sits on the corner waiting for someone to join him at Risk.

Hope it’s not 20th …. ashes calling !!

If I were able to travel personally (annoyingly, I can't due to work related reasons), I'd pencil in the 19th as likely, but these things have a tendency to be fluid.

Preseason thread will be up soon :)

They will play back end of the trip. They have 3 or 4 days training and a day off. So day 5 or 6 for the game.

If I were able to travel personally (annoyingly, I can't due to work related reasons), I'd pencil in the 19th as likely, but these things have a tendency to be fluid.

16/7 (06:30) -23/7 (09:45) from MAN to LIS on Ryanair is £237.00pp if you need overhead case also. Flight times ok. On accomodation next so will update findings.
C £450 room for 2. Whitelove hotel. Top one.
https://www.booking.com/Share-TLclRLP
All depends what you want/need, just out of centre 1-1.5 miles but transport system excellent and cheap to get round. Food, drink also cheap.

Last edited:

Why do they keep it so hush hush?

So close friends and families can book flights and hotels before they triple once the game is announced?

Probably more to do with, the clubs agreeing a date and ground to play at.

So close friends and families can book flights and hotels before they triple once the game is announced?

Probably more to do with, the clubs agreeing a date and ground to play at.
Maybe.
But both could be sorted in advance still surely?
It's not like Portugal is division or money dependant. We seem to go regardless.

It is frustrating and dare I saw tin pot. whilst we dont have a fan base to visit so to speak like I think Arsenal are playing Chelsea at the Giants stadium for example but the least the club could do is plan something proper well in advance.

Why not use Algarve stadium as flights there are plentiful its a good size and it doesnt get used so should imagine its available and have a United world tournament over a few days if not that Sevilla and Betis are little under 2 and a few of the southern-based Portuguese teams

Maybe.
It's not like Portugal is division or money dependant. We seem to go regardless.
Presumably the quality of opposition will vary depending on which league we are in. Likewise if we hadn’t gone up there would have been a downgrade on accommodation/training facilities etc.

Maybe.

Tbh... Fans should just book around the training camp times if they are that keen..

The booby prize if there's no game is a few days in the sun, beers and bars full of blades.. Not a bad thing..

Tbh... Fans should just book around the training camp times if they are that keen..
The game will be the last note in the diary as I said above. 3 or 4 days hot weather training. A day off. A game. Go home.

.....and there was me thinking your excuse would be 'wife related reasons', Linz said no. 😂 😂

👀

Anyone going to visit Estádio Nacional?
I believe I have a relative who's ashes are somewhere
in the stadium.

Very poor for any Blades wanting to go.
I'm one of the lucky ones who are already out here.

Back
Top Bottom