Regular abroad preseason

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stu_Blade

Reaction score
We seem to have a trend of "warm weather training" for pre-season with usually 1 or 2 fixtures thrown in.

With us playing in Lisbon at short notice and have been in Portugal in the past. Could it be something that the club organised for a venue say the Algarve for 2/3 weeks with months of notice and no guarantee of opposition but then a time frame set for Mid July-End July with a fixture at Bramall Lane on return. This would give chance for families and others that could travel to do so. Then the opposition can be arranged nearer the time?

We seem to have a trend of "warm weather training" for pre-season with usually 1 or 2 fixtures thrown in.

With us playing in Lisbon at short notice and have been in Portugal in the past. Could it be something that the club organised for a venue say the Algarve for 2/3 weeks with months of notice and no guarantee of opposition but then a time frame set for Mid July-End July with a fixture at Bramall Lane on return. This would give chance for families and others that could travel to do so. Then the opposition can be arranged nearer the time?
This seems to be the plan going forward. They are rebooking the same facilities next summer so something along these lines could be known well in advance

The first priority is to be invited to the PL Summer Series. (It's sort of an invitation you can't refuse). The Top Clubs make money from pre season fixtures by trading on their own name & brand. The next level, established PL clubs make money from pre season by trading on the Premier League name and brand via the PL Summer Series. The yo yo teams have to live on scraps and probs lose money paying for their own camps & fixtures. So, the first sign that you're becoming an established PL Club is the offer you can't refuse to play in the PL Summer Series. That is one of our goals.

Doesn't look to be much wrong with George's ankle there. Half expected to see him in a cast and on crutches way Poyet was talking

Brewster on plane just to get of sun bathing in, or is he close to fitness?

There’s a very good chance, something I’ve heard from a player’s gardener, and confirmed by a local taxi driver’s great aunt, that he’ll be on the bench by Christmas….

There you go, ITKs, stitch that one…🖕

There’s a very good chance, something I’ve heard from a player’s gardener, and confirmed by a local taxi driver’s great aunt, that he’ll be on the bench by Christmas….

There you go, ITKs, stitch that one…🖕

I know the great aunt trust her as far as I can throw her and I've thrown some great aunts in my time.

What's this trend of pulling socks up as high as possible?
Hecky said they’ll need to pull their socks up if they want to be going into next pre-season as Premier League players.

As they’re footballers, many took his comment literally.

Anyone know where the team are training in Portugal?

They're not gonna be your mate if you turn up unannounced you know!
Hahah… unfortunately can’t even afford to drink in algarve let alone a whole holiday these days!

Only reason i mention is because l sat down for a drink in my laver utd top at this hotel in 2019, and the bloke serving us recognises my shirt and starts going all giddy about sheff utd and started reeling off every player he met the week before when they stayed there, talked about norwood, billy, didzy etc, i was a week too late! Gutted!

Back
Top Bottom