Please stay off the pitch vs. Chesterfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well it's going to happen regardless. So lets just relax and acknowledge that there's bigger problems in this world than people running onto a bit of grass......

Why do you feel the need to make out any comments that contain an element of criticism are faux outrage or making out they're massive issues? Most of it is people passing comment, not writing strongly worded letters to their MP.

You're critical about plenty of things too.

Did you have a problem understanding? sheffielder

I will say it another way for you....the most embarrassing and Idiotic blades today were the ones dragging their kids....and young kids under 6/7, over the advertising hoarding from John St to wander around on the pitch.

Now I get the euphoria of the moment winning promotion and running on to celebrate and carry the players off, no issues with that. However the club, and team/manager made it clear they wanted to be able to do a lap of honour for everyone, and the selfish few were unable to adhere to a reasonable and fair request for EVERYONES benefit. Add to that the fucktards who want to wave their arms about and provoke Bradford fans with abusive gestures etc makes it all a bit sad.

No need, in what should have been a party atmosphere.
Made my day when two of the prize bellends who did it were grabbed by a copper and thrown out. Got a cheer from both sets of fans.

Why do you feel the need to make out any comments that contain an element of criticism are faux outrage or making out they're massive issues? Most of it is people passing comment, not writing strongly worded letters to their MP.

He'll say what he wants.
He'll say what he waaaaaaants.
He's Tyler Durden.
He'll say what he wants.:rolleyes:

Not really passing comments when it's entire threads though. I merely suggest that getting mad at pitch invasions after the season we've had is a bit pedantic and contains more than an element of snootyness.

Pitch invasions are for when the occasion on the day is too momentous for the celebration to be contained within the stands.
Ie, Leicester away, Northampton this season. I recall the one against Coventry in the FA Cup after we won on penalties.. all brilliant

Any game where there's nothing really riding on the result it just looks daft. At the end of the season let's let the players take their lap of honour and the applause

I really can't believe there's any kind of debate over this.

Aside from the fact that as a supporter there is no reason whatsoever for you to go on the pitch, imagine this:

Around 30,000 Blades come out to celebrate a wonderful season ending with promotion, a league title and a little piece of Football League history. The final score is 6-0 and at the final whistle 500 idiots run on the pitch causing the team, Wilder and all his staff to leg it down the tunnel. 29,500 people are miffed that they didn't get to celebrate at full time (like today when it took mere seconds for the applause to turn to booing and the party atmosphere to disappear), and are then fuming when Gary Sinclair announces that the players and staff will not be returning to receive the trophy and do a lap of honour.

Chris Wilder's final post-match interview of the season is nothing to do with the game, the season or the future, but just about how some selfish idiots have ruined the whole thing for him and his players by denying them the chance to receive the trophy in front of the supporters and celebrate on the pitch.

It probably won't happen. But it could happen. How would you all feel if it did? Why do people think they have some right to go on the pitch?

This isn't about opinions, this is very simple right and wrong. If you disagree with this then you are wrong.

I for one will be gracing the hallowed turf (sorry desso) against chesterfield and I'll be assisting my two cherubs 8 and 10 to do the same, after all I passed the bug of being a blade onto them poor fuckers. I'm 32 this is the first time in my life we have actually won anything I'm hoping and believe under sir Chris things won't be as barren but, you never know so im granting them there wish they want to get on that pitch. I refused today but for all the shit they have had to witness over the past few years (including my very bad moods) I think they have earned there wish.

I'm in the camp that thought the pitch invasion was pathetic, yeah I can understand it at Northampton when we confirmed promotion or maybe when we do a bit of giant killing in a cup game but ffs we know we are champions why not let the players do their lap of honour and let ALL the fans show their appreciation. No doubt the same fans who think it is great fun to run on the pitch taking selfies and acting like idiots are the same ones wondering why MK Dons will not give us anymore tickets. Would you when your concourses are likely to get trashed, smoke bombs thrown about with no regard or your pitch damaged? Time for some of our fans to give their head a wobble and grow up.

Not really passing comments when it's entire threads though. I merely suggest that getting mad at pitch invasions after the season we've had is a bit pedantic and contains more than an element of snootyness.

Every day someone does something as I'm going about my life and I think 'cunt'.

Top spot for today goes to the guy who was clearly in a rush and got really close to me as I was standing at the tram door to get off. He was clearly going to barge past me as soon as the door opened, so when it did I cut him off, because I was there first, the bastard, have that 2 second inconvenience.

Also up there is cunts on motorbikes who all seem to think they're cool because they rev their engines like fuck. No, you're fags. South Park got that one right.

The pitch invaders made me do the 'why, what's the point' face that I've probably done 10281 times today.

To be fair, people in general piss me off.

I have few friends.

I have no friends.

I was going to make a point when I started ranting but I genuinely forgot what it was about half way through but just kept going. Seemed a waste to delete it all so here you go.

Every day someone does something as I'm going about my life and I think 'cunt'.

Top spot for today goes to the guy who was clearly in a rush and got really close to me as I was standing at the tram door to get off. He was clearly going to barge past me as soon as the door opened, so when it did I cut him off, because I was there first, the bastard, have that 2 second inconvenience.

Also up there is cunts on motorbikes who all seem to think they're cool because they rev their engines like fuck. No, you're fags. South Park got that one right.

The pitch invaders made me do the 'why, what's the point' face that I've probably done 10281 times today.

To be fair, people in general piss me off.

I have few friends.

I have no friends.

I was going to make a point when I started ranting but I genuinely forgot what it was about half way through but just kept going. Seemed a waste to delete it all so here you go.

The South Park reference and the hating people thing?

Sir, you've just made yourself a friend!

I for one will be gracing the hallowed turf (sorry desso) against chesterfield and I'll be assisting my two cherubs 8 and 10 to do the same, after all I passed the bug of being a blade onto them poor fuckers. I'm 32 this is the first time in my life we have actually won anything I'm hoping and believe under sir Chris things won't be as barren but, you never know so im granting them there wish they want to get on that pitch. I refused today but for all the shit they have had to witness over the past few years (including my very bad moods) I think they have earned there wish.

Sorry, that is just bollocks.
You are going to encourage your young kids to commit a criminal offence because you have never seen the blades win owt?
You are 32 years old and should be setting an example to your kids that this is a civilised society we live in with rules and regulations. If you don't wish to live by those rules then don't cry when you suffer the consequences of your actions.

You cant pick and choose which laws you wish to stick to and which ones you will intentionally break, and by making clear your intent prior to the event i will have no sympathy for you.

Your kids could find many ways to get on that pitch for a positive reason. I would urge you to encourage that method rather than simply doing what YOU want to do.

Northampton yes. We had just clinched it, the euphoria was there - in that moment. Had Bolton lost good Friday, a pitch invasion at Port Vale would've been accepted (if a tad fucking stupid), but today? We've been promoted 9 days, we've had the title 2, none of it was spontaneous. Let the players and staff get the trophy now. And let's watch and enjoy from the stands where we've paid to be.

You wouldn't climb onto the stage at the Arena to watch the drummer close up would you.

I'm not saying do it, I'm not saying don't do it, but if you do it and some huge steward rugby tackles the three of you and clatters your kids like skittles as you invade the pitch against the wishes of the club, who will you blame? The steward, the kids, or yourself?

Just a hypothetical situation. It may happen, it may not.

Sorry, that is just bollocks.
You are going to encourage your young kids to commit a criminal offence because you have never seen the blades win owt?
You are 32 years old and should be setting an example to your kids that this is a civilised society we live in with rules and regulations. If you don't wish to live by those rules then don't cry when you suffer the consequences of your actions

Yeah, you tell him, Mary Whitehouse.

who will you blame

Boom!

That is exactly what has happened in society these days. He would blame someone. I can see the headline "Sheffield United steward broke my kids leg" then he'll have to sulk like this tit because his son (who should be supporting United, Wednesday or Chesterfield) bought a shirt before the squad numbers were announced o_O

Screenshot_20170417-220535.jpg

They will do it agian, because fans are selfish twats!
I would find it funny if some got kicked out and missed the lifting of the cup.
I hope they bring in police or security and put a barrier in front of the kop or around the all stadium, treat them like the kids they are! You've had your fun now feck off and let us all enjoy the celebrations in the correct manner!

I sit close to the directors box. Think I am going in there instead. Kevin owes me after I told him to sack Adkins last season

They will do it agian, because fans are selfish twats!
I would find it funny if some got kicked out and missed the lifting of the cup.
I hope they bring in police or security and put a barrier in front of the kop or around the all stadium, treat them like the kids they are! You've had your fun now feck off and let us all enjoy the celebrations in the correct manner!

Oh it's on now.

Back
Top Bottom