Any hope?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder was brought in to get some fight and passion back although be it now slowly! All about building for next season.

We’re already two points behind your prediction :)

Only hope is (although I don't know if I want them in our league) is that Forest get relegated instead of Luton, which could happen.

Wilder has a contract through till 2025, it will be interesting if we don't go up at the 1st time of asking, noting if the season in the Championship finished now we would have at least 2 from Leeds, Southampton or West Brom on top of Burnley, Luton/Forest and us for the top 2 and playoff winners. If Wilder doesn't get us up in 2024/25 is that time up or is it season dependent, it is a short contract in some ways.
This is my fear if Wilder blows all our cash like last time in JTW in a desperate attempt at staying up, we're knackered and stuck with him for another year, lets hope it works

i think any signings in january will be more to do with next seasons championship campaign in mind weve no chance of staying up this season get 3 or 4 in with a view to bedding them in to get ready for next august

How does that joke go again? You've got 2 hopes, Bing sings and Walt Disney. Or something like that.

the best outcome for us is to go gung ho and just go for it , nothing much to lose so lets try and enjoy the odd surprise
all the top teams win due to excessive talent collection having better players being ignored on their benches than we can dream of
but are still vulnerable to being pressed and frustrated

If we won on boxing day yes I would have had some. That's completely KO'd any left whatsoever

Sorry to say but sick of hearing about this tippy tappy football.
It's a mix of both that gets results .
Any blade who didn't enjoy the Bassett era where we had a good mixture and got results against the likes of Liverpool and man utd on a regular basis and could compete with anyone , we had what we need now , a deane and agana upfront , pace power and both could score and frightened defences to death .
Wimbledon won the f a . Cup by playing to their strengths , we've won bugger all in 100 years.
Just to clarify, Im talking about passing for passings sake. Sideways, backwards, wall passes by wingers instead of taking defenders on the outside. In the CL its fine and probably needed but it is seeping into every level which is nonsense. I’m no hoofball “gerrit forward” type but the way teams negate winning the ball high up the pitch by immediately pinging it backwards and across their back line and so giving the opposition type to set their defensive shape is cobblers

Uncle Susan fancies a job "on the tools" if anyone can point him in the right direction i'll pass it on to her.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

This season is a right off. Wilder should rebuild in Jan for next year -- get Osula and Traore as much experience as possible. Sign a new keeper to replace League One Wes, get a new solid CB in.

If we sort out one thing this season.....its what we do if we take the lead.....please.

Poor teams concede late goals.....and we concede loads.

The way we allowed Luton to put us on the back foot at home in the first half Saturday, and the way we gifted them all 3 goals suggests we haven't really improved since Wilder returned. We had an uplift in the Liverpool game, despite losing, looked more organised at Villa, despite throwing 2 points away and we scraped a win against a very poor Brentford.

if we get away conceding less than 4 Saturday I'll be surprised, and as to the rest of the fixtures all I'm expecting is heaps of disappointment. No way on earth will we get out of the bottom three, we just don't have the levels of skill and mental strength in this squad.
It's amazing how people see things differently.

I'd say that since Wilders returned we are certainly looking better in all departments. Probably won't be enough. But crucially in defending we are still letting soft goals in.

Liverpool we fought but the inevitable happened despite perhaps a tad unlucky with a decision or two.

Brentford we should have won by more than 1 goal, so where you get "scraped" through I don't know. Slimane had 2 glorious chances alone.

Chelsea we weren't great and showed a drop off but Vs Villa very resolute.
Defended nearly perfectly aside from the last 2 mins. Against a team who had an incredible home record.

Luton at home we weren't as good first half. But deserved the lead 2nd.
Then a corner that never was and some more silly defensive line errors and we are 3-2 down and let's be honest in unlucky circumstances.
Especially that 3rd, that could have gone anywhere.

I get fans are dejected I am too but to say we haven't improved is far fetched to me. We weren't even competing at all in too many matches this season.

We looked defeated from minute 1 in many games under Hecky. And we were not showing any sort of aggression or pressing that's required.

This all said city today, I'm expecting a comfortable city win. Hopefully not a thrashing but it's possible with their talents at home.

Really clutching at straws here but …..
Gooners get beat by wet spam and takes pressure off Citeh plus Citeh have struggled to get at it against lower teams and their fans won’t be fired up for this one . So I’m going tight game ( will be embarrassingly reposting this in the wtf thread after game is over )

We need to be going into the 90th minute 2 goals up, hanging on to a one goal lead isn't any good as the ref will play enough added time till we draw or lose.

We're down mate, we aren't beating (or drawing) the teams in our relegation mini league, we just are not good enough, we've got players who are borderline championship players trying to compete...

Love the optimism, but that's all it is.

On a positive note the Prince has done another YouTube video, but I think you have to subscribe to watch it right now.
Pay to watch him blow smoke up our arse?

Think I’ll pass…..

It's amazing how people see things differently.

I'd say that since Wilders returned we are certainly looking better in all departments. Probably won't be enough. But crucially in defending we are still letting soft goals in.

Liverpool we fought but the inevitable happened despite perhaps a tad unlucky with a decision or two.

Brentford we should have won by more than 1 goal, so where you get "scraped" through I don't know. Slimane had 2 glorious chances alone.

Chelsea we weren't great and showed a drop off but Vs Villa very resolute.
Defended nearly perfectly aside from the last 2 mins. Against a team who had an incredible home record.

Luton at home we weren't as good first half. But deserved the lead 2nd.
Then a corner that never was and some more silly defensive line errors and we are 3-2 down and let's be honest in unlucky circumstances.
Especially that 3rd, that could have gone anywhere.

I get fans are dejected I am too but to say we haven't improved is far fetched to me. We weren't even competing at all in too many matches this season.

We looked defeated from minute 1 in many games under Hecky. And we were not showing any sort of aggression or pressing that's required.

This all said city today, I'm expecting a comfortable city win. Hopefully not a thrashing but it's possible with their talents at home.
Well put

We need to be going into the 90th minute 2 goals up, hanging on to a one goal lead isn't any good as the ref will play enough added time till we draw or lose.

We're down mate, we aren't beating (or drawing) the teams in our relegation mini league, we just are not good enough, we've got players who are borderline championship players trying to compete...

Love the optimism, but that's all it is.
Even in the remote possibly of us being even three goals up, let alone two, we still wouldn't win.
Citeh would score enough to win in the 30 minutes added time due to time wasting, feined injuries, subs, tea breaks, ball boys, VAR intervention, Pep tantrums and ww3 breaking out.

write off, not right off
Maybe he meant 'right off.... The rails'

Fancy playing a bit of devil's advocate here. Let's say we beat City today saaaaaaay... 2-0 we defend like we did against Villa, keep them at bay so we strike on the counter decently for the 2 goals. Would any of you change you're opinion on the outcome of the season?

Just to clarify, Im talking about passing for passings sake. Sideways, backwards, wall passes by wingers instead of taking defenders on the outside. In the CL its fine and probably needed but it is seeping into every level which is nonsense. I’m no hoofball “gerrit forward” type but the way teams negate winning the ball high up the pitch by immediately pinging it backwards and across their back line and so giving the opposition type to set their defensive shape is cobblers

If you have won the ball high up the pitch, then typically your entire team barring maybe one other player will usually be set up defensively and not immediately able to contribute to an attack. If you're an Mbappe or similar and able to take on PL level defenders and generate your own chance, then sure, go for it, but otherwise possession is really fucking important and you don't piss it away by taking on your opponent and maybe getting half a yard to get a cross in where maybe you have a team mate in a position to have a chance, and maybe the cross actually falls to him as opposed to the keeper or centre backs clearing the danger and we get off a low xG attempt. It might work one in a hundred times, the other 99 you're right back where you started within seconds

Maybe he meant 'right off.... The rails'

Fancy playing a bit of devil's advocate here. Let's say we beat City today saaaaaaay... 2-0 we defend like we did against Villa, keep them at bay so we strike on the counter decently for the 2 goals. Would any of you change you're opinion on the outcome of the season?
Would we become world club champions by defaul

Would we become world club champions by defaul

If you start with the first goal, scored in the FA Cup, in competitive football, game #1, won by Clapham Rovers, and follow the team, that beat the team that beat the team, Winner Stays On Unofficial Football Club Championship, the reigning Champions are Bayer 04 Leverkusen. Sheffield United are the eighth most successful club in the World.

Hope of staying up ?

None, you have to be deluded to think otherwise.

Hope that we won't be relegation fodder next season in the championship...yes, we need to start going for it and believing, get some fight and spirit back.

Back
Top Bottom