Paul Jewell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
According to the all knowing "The Sun" is being considered to take over at BL if we don't make the play-offs

Anyone think he may have had an interview today then? :)

Despite his history with the unclean and his poor record at Derby, he's not too bad a manager.

That said, (and while I think Blackwell will be off in the summer), I very much doubt that we'd place an ex Wednesday 'star' in charge.

No, Blackwell is not going anywhere.

I second that.

Also, no, no thanks. Never ever. A manager who had a couple of lucky seasons and loads of money to spend to create top flight strugglers.

Plus his ties with the piggies don't seem appealing. Not for me thanks.

No, Blackwell is not going anywhere.

I have said same myself.

The comment was tongue in cheek with us not making the play-offs.

Birch has already commented on the magnificent job KB has done despite all the injuries and loanees.

Why then, would they change a manager who is meeting all the criteria laid down by the club? He has kept us competitve, despite slashing the wage bill, and reducing the squad in terms of numbers and quality.

He probably faces a severe pat on the back by messrs Birch and McCabe.

I have said same myself.

Birch has already commented on the magnificent job KB has done despite all the injuries and loanees.

Why then, would they change a manager who is meeting all the criteria laid down by the club? He has kept us competitve, despite slashing the wage bill, and reducing the squad in terms of numbers and quality.

:D thar reight ....................

but what if McCabe and Birch were no more ?

I have said same myself.

Because McCabe will be facing the prospect of attendences sub 20K next season if he stays.

Because McCabe will be facing the prospect of attendences sub 20K next season if he stays.

That's true torrix, but do you believe McCabe will be bothered?

All that will mean is an even lower wage budget next season.

The only possible negative that I can see affecting McCabes judgement over this, is the effect lower crowds will have on attracting investment into the club. Having said that, with what appears to be f'k all on the horizon anyway, despite averaging 25k, it wont make a lot of difference.

I can't really justify it but unlike most other Wednesday manager's I don't harbour too much dislike to Jewell, maybe it was because he was only there about four or five months (i think). Still, his stint at Derby makes me wonder if he would be a good manager for us.

I think we can do better, no deal Noel.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned that he was also the man in charge of Wigan on that day three years ago. Whilst he was only doing his job, I don't think I can forgive him that win regardless of his stint at Wednesday. Frankly, he did a good job at Wednesday - in a Blades opinion - so that probably suggests he isn't the man we need.

And I fear that Blackwell will stay anyway.

He resigned at Wigan because of pressure and thats a small attended club. All the big clubs of our size he has done nothing. Can you imagine him with similar pressure to Blackwell?

>despite all the injuries and loanees.
question is.. who was the cause of the injuries and loanees..

i'd have coco the clown right now if he was available.. there would be a delicious irony in paul jewell if we did well.

Smart mouthed scoucer, I could think of 20 managers I would rather have than that dip stick.

Paul Merson is above Jewell on my list of possibles. (its a long list...)

Seriously, although we have clamours for O'Driscoll at the moment, at one time or another we have had clamours for Ince, ferguson Jr, Coleman, Gary Johnson, Mark Robins. etc etc. I am coming to the view that managers are successful now and again and do an adequate job the rest of the time...

Funny that so many people are predicting a dramatic drop in attendances. Today's Official Site indicates otherwise:

"Sheffield United fans have helped the club set a new record.

The Blades have just recorded their best ever single day of season ticket renewals since the club started taking records five seasons ago - including the time they returned to the Premier League.

"It has been remarkable today - the fans have been queuing and we are still processing many postal applications," said box office manager Emma Wylie.

The club's box office was open until 7pm on Friday night, completing just under 1,700 transactions in the day."

[Of course the conspiracy theorists will say that it's all spin. Time will tell].

well i bought mine last week and we'd sold 4000 so if we sold 1700 in one day that makes 5700. If 1700 was a record in one day we wont have sold over 10000 in the week, therefore I suspect we've sold about 13-14k.

Back
Top Bottom