Since Wilder back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladezz

Reaction score
If the season started when Wilder took over we would be 3rd bottom. We would be on the same points as 4th bottom (goal difference killed us 😂)

I knew we had an upturn in performances but didn’t expect that much to.

The mood on here would have been electric too. Knowing we occasionally get hammered but we grind out points.

Source: The Star

If the season started when Wilder took over we would be 3rd bottom. We would be on the same points as 4th bottom (goal difference killed us 😂)

The mood on here would have been electric too. Knowing we occasionally get hammered but we grind out points.

Doesn't matter how many you concede as long as you pick up enough points to stay up.

It's hardly night and day and we've been dicked as many times in the last 3 weeks under Wilder as we were in the 3-4 months Hecky was in charge. I believe we'd have been no worse off now having stuck with Hecky. Apart from scoring a couple of goals in a few games (which we lost 3-2 and drew 2-2) I've seen no real change or actual upturn.

I hate slagging Hecky because he showed great professionalism and outstanding personal qualities when he became the manager. He could have sulked that he didn't get the job before Slav (as he did a decent shift as caretaker) instead he knuckled down and gave us our old Sheffield United back. And regardless of what people say about the Ndiaye influence (which of course was outstanding) at the end of the day it was Hecky who lead us to promotion back to the prem.

Having said all that it became obvious quite quickly that we were doomed in the prem under his stewardship. Whatever people say about recruitment and player availability etc, as much as I gave him credit for what he achieved, we were going down faster than pigs come out of the woodwork when they are at Wembley and want to show the world what a maaaaaaooooooosive club they are.

Wilder has installed that grit and determination back. Ok yes we have been hammered on some occasions, but we have also shown that we can fight and grind out a tight result too. It's too late now, we are down, but hopefully Wilder will be in charge to lead our promotion drive next season.

Nothing against Hecky. The guy did a fantastic job (1) pulling us from a potential relegation battle to a penalty kick away from the Play-off final and then (2) got us promoted last season with next to no budget. Some argue the Ndiaye factor but he was just one player and didnt play every game. We'll never know if given sufficient funding and not having to sell Ndiaye (forget Berge he isnt hardly pulling up trees at Burnley) we could have been more competitive under his stewardship.

As for the Wilder upturn, well no, it hasnt really materialised. We've earned 1 more win under him than hecky, same draws, goals for up, goals against up! Sadly, between now and the end of the season we will likely concede the most goals in PL history (38 game), we might even finish with worse goal difference, but it wouldnt surprise me if we pick up some more wins on the way, hopefully putting the debacle at Burnley right at BL. We are likely relegated, it isnt hardly a surprise considering.

What we need to do know is (a) get some youngsters tied down to long term deals (done) and (b) get some of the older pros who still offer us something to remain at the club. Likelihood is we'll be in the freebies and loan market in the summer - there are plenty of talented PL players who will drop down to Champ to get regular games - we have had three fantastic loans in passed 2 seasons in MGW, Doyle and McAtee. And there is always a plethora of free agents in the summer who will want football and will be hungry to get clubs. Whether our recruitment set up will be able to get these players in remains unknown.

Hecky would have done better had the summer not been so catastrophic in terms of squad recruitment/shaping.
How much better I don't know. But he can definitely hold his head high given he got us up and with some right crap going on behind the scenes.
Whether it was his decision or not to sign the likes of Slimane, Larouchi and Traore remains to be seen but so far they haven't offered a great deal.

I think Hecky like Wilder before probably was more than a little pee'd off in August/Sept at how things had gone. Whilst understanding the decisions he can absolutely feel that we could have helped him with just a little bit more. Say spent an additional 5-10m on either better signings or additional ones.

Where Hecky went wrong was that we were not trying anything different in any match really. And the crushing blow of Spurs away followed by Newcastle at home destroyed some confidence. That said when the win did come vs Wolves we followed it up with a point away at Brighton. But in both matches we rode our luck.
We didn't build on that in fact we got mullered albeit by a good Bournemouth side looking at it.

And then a humiliating defeat vs Burnley which in my opinion is still the worst performance of the season.

Since Wilder's return I do think we are seeing more fight and battle in general. He's also mixed things up more and not been entirely as predictable.

Although Villa at home the heads really did drop for me. Even the 2 Brighton games we didn't drop entirely and in the FA cup game we were still "in it" for decent periods. Brighton at home the game completely swung in their favour on that fateful 12th minute.

But vs. Liverpool, Villa (a), Luton (h), West Ham (h) we could make an argument we should have got more points from these games. Palace away we could have held on for a point but in my opinion we looked like losing all match. In a weird way vs Villa away I felt we restricted them to few chances and didn't look too shakey.

I do think Wilder has improved us a reasonable amount. But clearly not by enough. However that was always going to be a tricky situation especially with still limited funds during Jan.

This summer presents a big overhaul in our squad. Whoever in charge has a big task on their hands, but hopefully an opportunity as well.

Here's the table since he took over. 0.73ppg:

1708595744650.png

There's 13 games remaining. If the bottom 7 clubs all achieve the same PPG as this table over the remaining games. The table would finish like this:

1708596198720.png

Here's the table since he took over. 0.73ppg:

View attachment 179637

There's 13 games remaining. If the bottom 7 clubs all achieve the same PPG as this table over the remaining games. The table would finish like this:

View attachment 179638
And when Forest get 8 points deducted we all get fucking bolloxed.

I won’t ask how Brentford finish on less points than they already have 🤣

And when Forest get 8 points deducted we all get fucking bolloxed.

I won’t ask how Brentford finish on less points than they already have 🤣
Oh shit.
I fucked something up there. And Newcastle 🤣 🤣

I forgot to add everyone's current points onto the sheet.

Here's the actual one. We're screwed:

1708598012941.png

The best accolade we can give Hecky is we would have been in real trouble if he had failed with promotion last season. This should never be underestimated.
Apparnetly he was given £20 million to spend in pre-season which may well have prompted Berge and Ndiaye to believe there was no real ambition at the club.

Why was he only given £20 million? There seems to be many who argue that a previous manager overspent when we were last in the Premier league.

Wilder - well he's spouted too many pieces of bullshit to make me warm to the guy this time around.

i always say i have respect for hecky for getting promotion under the toughest circumstances & id rather be fighting relegation in premier league than the championship. which barring a miracle was 2 options this season. but as tough as it was the decision have him as a dead man walking at burnley pure madness. even a 0-0 at burnley would have us 3pts clear of them

but as i saying somewhere else wilder underachieved to 9 points. because with certain games we really shouldve been on 5-7 pts more than we are with results we shouldve got like. villa A Luton H Palace A & West Ham H. im still confident we've got the right man in charge & he wont be under pressure unless we arent in top 6-10 by November

There seems to be many who argue that a previous manager overspent when we were last in the Premier league.
i think its an acculmation. we overspent in premier league but also we overspent to get back. but also as forest have proven what we call overspending is just barely keeping up with opposition

Brooks has gone off boil.
Of course he has. Not meaning any disrespect to the lad.

He’s a young lad thrown into the deep end, in a team getting pasted each week. He’s got potential but is not the finished article.

Expecting him to maintain early levels was completely unrealistic. He will have dips in form and purple patches also.

The same will happen with Arblaster. The same happened with N’Diaye when he first broke into the team. Nature of the beast.

Of course he has. Not meaning any disrespect to the lad.

He’s a young lad thrown into the deep end, in a team getting pasted each week. He’s got potential but is not the finished article.

Expecting him to maintain early levels was completely unrealistic. He will have dips in form and purple patches also.

The same will happen with Arblaster. The same happened with N’Diaye when he first broke into the team. Nature of the beast.
Spot on.

And it helps when you are doing well as team. When you aren't every player has more criticism thrown at them.

Wilder will know that he doesn't want Brooks to suffer from that and that's why he's pulled him from starting recently.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him start again soon. Maybe Arsenal? Also wouldn't be surprised to see Arblaster get a start soon too.

2 average managers at a club with a budget mentality. Both are doing poor, Wilder slightly better. I’m not going to pretend that either are good.

West Ham a-side, an awful season of ‘football’ (so far). 2 ‘tacticians’ who’s focus has been park the bus and not get beaten and let the opposition play their game around us. It’s no shock that allowing footballing teams to have the ball has resulted in hammerings week in, week out.

We have our limitations, but our biggest (a-side from now being skint), is 2 managers with such basic & negative style. I’m not expecting total football but we are just not evolving and developing with the times. Are wilder/hecky going to be capable of building a team, over time, that can compete in an ever more technical, dynamic & competitive world. I don’t think so.

Apparnetly he was given £20 million to spend in pre-season which may well have prompted Berge and Ndiaye to believe there was no real ambition at the club.

What do you mean 'apparently'? The evidence is in front of your eyes...

Hecky would have done better had the summer not been so catastrophic in terms of squad recruitment/shaping.
How much better I don't know. But he can definitely hold his head high given he got us up and with some right crap going on behind the scenes.
Whether it was his decision or not to sign the likes of Slimane, Larouchi and Traore remains to be seen but so far they haven't offered a great deal.
This is always my concern with having a DoF model.

If he gets the signings wrong it’s often the manager who ends up carrying the can.

Even in the case of the above, were they Hecky signings or did he really leave it to Mitchell?

In which case they’ve made a Pig’s ear of it really. Yet Hecky is the one who suffers.

2 average managers at a club with a budget mentality. Both are doing poor, Wilder slightly better. I’m not going to pretend that either are good.

West Ham a-side, an awful season of ‘football’ (so far). 2 ‘tacticians’ who’s focus has been park the bus and not get beaten and let the opposition play their game around us. It’s no shock that allowing footballing teams to have the ball has resulted in hammerings week in, week out.

We have our limitations, but our biggest (a-side from now being skint), is 2 managers with such basic & negative style. I’m not expecting total football but we are just not evolving and developing with the times. Are wilder/hecky going to be capable of building a team, over time, that can compete in an ever more technical, dynamic & competitive world. I don’t think so.
I'd rather let Mark Robins do the rebuild every team he has managed play attractive attacking foot ball and I can't recall him ever having pots of cash to use New Face New ideas also needs to bring his scouting team etc with him

What do you mean 'apparently'? The evidence is in front of your eyes...

No idea of Berges thoughts, however the evidence as far as the other one is a desire to play for Marseille.

I hate slagging Hecky because he showed great professionalism and outstanding personal qualities when he became the manager. He could have sulked that he didn't get the job before Slav (as he did a decent shift as caretaker) instead he knuckled down and gave us our old Sheffield United back. And regardless of what people say about the Ndiaye influence (which of course was outstanding) at the end of the day it was Hecky who lead us to promotion back to the prem.

Having said all that it became obvious quite quickly that we were doomed in the prem under his stewardship. Whatever people say about recruitment and player availability etc, as much as I gave him credit for what he achieved, we were going down faster than pigs come out of the woodwork when they are at Wembley and want to show the world what a maaaaaaooooooosive club they are.

Wilder has installed that grit and determination back. Ok yes we have been hammered on some occasions, but we have also shown that we can fight and grind out a tight result too. It's too late now, we are down, but hopefully Wilder will be in charge to lead our promotion drive next season.
Hecky saved our club

For that he deserves a statue

The clowns 🤡 in charge will kill us

Still think things have improved ten fold?

Back
Top Bottom