New head scout - Jamie Hoyland

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's he been doing recently? Has he been a scout anywhere else?

His arrival would seem to be a commitment to Wilder because presumably he's his choice

Thought he was at City, but thought I was just confusing him with Hodges. Anyway, it's good to know he has that sort of pedigree. Don't see how anyone could complain with this. Seems like he must have good knowledge of both domestic and European players. It's good that he had a focus on Belgium, Holland and Germany

lol, how predictable, an ex blade.

I don’t know his credentials so i won’t slag him off but i can’t help but feel his bladey bladeness was a big part of this. The small pond that we fish in we like to make even smaller.

After how much our recruitment has been criticised I don't think the club would go for a bladey cheap option for this role. Poor recruitment has seen us waste tens of millions. Chief scout is hardly a position that could be disregarded

Have you read the replies above? His credentials are very good.
Just seen. Been involved in the prem which sounds good but Everton have been a little hit & miss with recruitment with big money so not sure thats a great advert for him.

Will wait and see what he can do/find for us.

Last edited:
If this turns out to be true we have gone from someone who was a success at chesterfield and ideal for us after coming 11th in league one to someone with experience at the highest level. That's clearly a upgrade in the market they've been used to shopping in!

🤣But do anyway
Not slagged him off at all, the club and it’s 1 dimensional predictable thinking more so. I don’t know much about him but history says bladey bladeness doesn’t make up for quality.

So we discount JH, even though he has an excellent CV, because he’s a blade? We also shouldn’t try getting Jay (Luton’s analyst) as he’s a blade too. Fucking hell 🙄
It’s a self perpetuating myth, just like the idea that we only like cloggers, despite everyone clearly loving players like Ndiaye, Macatee, BBD, Gibbs White…..

Good lad is Jamie.

I often get frustrated at the obsession with having Blades at the club but I'm happy with this.

Some of his opinions might upset some of the GC regulars though 😁

lol, how predictable, an ex blade.

I don’t know his credentials so i won’t slag him off but i can’t help but feel his bladey bladeness was a big part of this. The small pond that we fish in we like to make even smaller.
I don’t know what I’m on about but I’ll have a pop anyway. Top work!!

Everton suffer from some of the problems we do recruitment wise. It's a small pond they are able to fish in, no footballer worth their salt really wants to go there. No one really wants to live there. And they don't pay the biggest wages anymore. It's a tough gig for some PL clubs to attract the right type of player as the likes of Newcastle are finding out despite their vast wealth.

I don’t think I need to add anything to your comments, while you criticise the appointment.

What a pointless little beef you’ve got.

I’ve not once said he’s shit or criticised his credentials. I would just like the club to cast a wider net and think beyond bladeyness sometimes, its not does us much favours to date. He might be great, but i wouldn’t know which i’ve openly stated. Only thing on his CV i’ve seen is Everton which isn’t a great advert for recruitment but i don’t know how much influence he had there.

Perhaps your knowledge & wisdom can give more insight as you are very angry & critical of others who pass an opinion (a very mild one) on a forum.

Bumped into him in Spain while he worked for Everton, at an under 18 England game, scouting Jebbo. Seemed like a nice guy.

Hit and miss last few years

For every Docoure there’s an Alli

They seem to have 1 big transfer a season, which I would say have been successful, but then struggle with the mid range to lower end which is where we will be shopping.

That said he can’t be any worse so give lad a chance eh?

Standouts are Onana, Tarkowski, mykolenko, Godfrey - then there’s chermiti, garner, vinagre, alli, Allan and our friend Olsen

IMG_3577.jpegIMG_3578.jpegIMG_3579.jpegIMG_3580.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom