Head of commercial

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score

Seems another senior post has become vacant, either we’re having a mass clear out or staff unable/ willing to work under the current leadership anymore
This could be exactly what we need however it’s come, appreciate this job will have less impact on the team but does help with revenue incoming

Seems another senior post has become vacant, either we’re having a mass clear out or staff unable/ willing to work under the current leadership anymore
This could be exactly what we need however it’s come, appreciate this job will have less impact on the team but does help with revenue incoming
It’s been being talked about on here for a little while.

He’s off to another Championship club in a different role at the end of the season.

He’s off to another Championship club in a different role at the end of the season.
Sorry about that, please feel free to remove, thought we had a mass cull going on 😂

I’ve missed that, where’s he off to Foxy? I assume in a more senior role?

Reeves is off to be a club rep in the summer and sell 2nd hand cars for the rest of the year.

As soon as we got promoted to the PL the first time this is a role that we should have improved upon. He was ok for a League 1/lower Championship club but being in the PL is a completely different kettle of fish.

Reeves is off to be a club rep in the summer and sell 2nd hand cars for the rest of the year.

As soon as we got promoted to the PL the first time this is a role that we should have improved upon. He was ok for a League 1/lower Championship club but being in the PL is a completely different kettle of fish.
A great chance for an expert all rounder on here to run at least one part of the club how it should be run.

Personally l see another owner decision that will see us relegated……..

(Shakes fist)

I'm not sure we miss out on loads of commercial opportunities in the UK. Club seems to do an ok job off the field without being outstanding.

UW does the larger sponsorship stuff.

I could see why a HoC might move to a job with more responsibility and opportunity to shape things

I'm not sure we miss out on loads of commercial opportunities in the UK. Club seems to do an ok job off the field without being outstanding.

UW does the larger sponsorship stuff.

I could see why a HoC might move to a job with more responsibility and opportunity to shape things
Will we still have want adds for second hand washing machines in the programme though?

Seen a lot of job roles been posted on Linkedin by us. Set piece analyst was one of them. Seems like a major restructure.

Seen a lot of job roles been posted on Linkedin by us. Set piece analyst was one of them. Seems like a major restructure.
They are using EiSG as the agency for the more important roles. That won't be cheap so they are obviously looking for genuine candidates. Maybe a shift away from Geneva for decisions about United and back to a United specific set up?

They are using EiSG as the agency for the more important roles. That won't be cheap so they are obviously looking for genuine candidates. Maybe a shift away from Geneva for decisions about United and back to a United specific set up?

It’s my theory that, because we’re a shitshow behind the scenes, it’s never going to help us improve on the pitch. The foundation should be the priority at the moment, there’s no point throwing money at the playing staff. I’m all for it personally. We have been badly run, despite promotion. I don’t think it’s been deliberate sabotage, no one is taking money out of the club, just poor decisions.

It’s my theory that, because we’re a shitshow behind the scenes, it’s never going to help us improve on the pitch. The foundation should be the priority at the moment, there’s no point throwing money at the playing staff. I’m all for it personally. We have been badly run, despite promotion. I don’t think it’s been deliberate sabotage, no one is taking money out of the club, just poor decisions.
Pretty much matches what I think. No Evil Empire stuff, just inexperience and incompetence

That's what Wilder has said himself in his recent presser. We are restructuring the whole club.

That's what Wilder has said himself in his recent presser. We are restructuring the whole club.

If so, then it's about time too. We seem to have been run like the local corner shop and there never seems to have been a clear long term plan about who we are and what we want to be, we just seemed to amble along and hope that we had enough to keep us competitive on the pitch. We have never come across as the most professional club in how we operate.

The recruitment being one example. It was obviously just coincidence that Paul Mitchell was the best head of recruitment that a PL club could attract... I have no issue with PM and think in the past he has done a cracking job for us (as acknowledged by CW this week) and whilst I know that he probably has been working with financial restrictions, the bottom line is that a Premier League club (well for 2 more months at least in name only) were operating with the ex Chesterfield scout as the main man in recruitment. Have we ever tried to advertise this position to a wider target audience? Was he really the best man that a PL club could attract? I have my doubts, but it was probably a cheap alternative and that is the impression that United tend to give off at times...cheap.

The recruitment side of our operations should be top notch as we dont have a lot of resource to waste. We should have set aside more resources for a permanent improvement in this area I.e setting up scouting networks and software (I was one who wanted us to spend more on club infrastructure such as recruitment and Shirecliffe when we were promoted for the first time, rather than the amount of money that we did spend on players). Bit we seemingly didn't and went for the old fashioned way of does the gaffer fancy X or y. It's not really worked. I for one would welcome a root and branch review of our operating model and what we can now do to improve it across the board.

Last edited:
If so, then it's about time too. We seem to have been run like the local corner shop and there never seems to have been a clear long term plan about who we are and what we want to be, we just seemed to amble along and hope that we had enough to keep us competitive on the pitch. We have never come across as the most professional club in how we operate.

The recruitment being one example. It was obviously just coincidence that Paul Mitchell was the best head of recruitment that a PL club could attract... I have no issue with PM and think in the past he has done a cracking job for us (as acknowledged by CW this week) and whilst I know that he probably has been working with financial restrictions, the bottom line is that a Premier League club (well for 2 more months at least in name only) were operating with the ex Chesterfield scout as the main man in recruitment. Have we ever tried to advertise this position to a wider target audience? Was he really the best man that a PL club could attract? I have my doubts, but it was probably a cheap alternative and that is the impression that United tend to give off at times...cheap.

The recruitment aid of our operations should be top notch as we dont have a lot to waste. We should have set aside more resources for a permanent improvement in this area and setting up scouting networks and software (I was one who wanted us to spend more on club infrastructure such as recruitment and Shirecliffe when we were promoted for the first time, rather than the amount of money that we did spend on players). Bit we seemingly didn't and went for the old fashioned way of does the gaffer fancy X or y. It's not really worked. I for one would welcome a root and branch review of our operating model and what we can now do to improve it across the board.

If there is one benefit to WIlder being back I expect he will be the one influencing changes such as this. Other managers that have no affiliation to the club will not be bothered as much about how the club is run because they will just piss off to another job if it gets too much for them.

Wilder has seen how other clubs similar to ourselves operate such as Boro and Watford, so will be aware of how out of touch we are in terms of recruitment and infrastructure.

If there is one benefit to WIlder being back I expect he will be the one influencing changes such as this. Other managers that have no affiliation to the club will not be bothered as much about how the club is run because they will just piss off to another job if it gets too much for them.

Wilder has seen how other clubs similar to ourselves operate such as Boro and Watford, so will be aware of how out of touch we are in terms of recruitment and infrastructure.

It a good point you raise re Wilder but we have to remember that Wilder was in the hot seat and complicit with the some of the elements of how we have been run i.e. wanting to be in total control of the transfer decisions at that time. I agree that he will have influence and provided that he is also on board with trying to change things for the better and moving us into the modern football operating model then that will be a good thing. Hopefully he has seen other ways that things can be done and is more receptive to change rather than using the old boys network for scouting.

It a good point you raise re Wilder but we have to remember that Wilder was in the hot seat and complicit with the some of the elements of how we have been run i.e. wanting to be in total control of the transfer decisions at that time. I agree that he will have influence and provided that he is also on board with trying to change things for the better and moving us into the modern football operating model then that will be a good thing. Hopefully he has seen other ways that things can be done and is more receptive to change rather than using the old boys network for scouting.
Do we think he might be trying to position himself as a potential DoF? Realistically, his reputation as a manager has nosedived as far as the top two divisions are concerned and we’re probably his last biggish job, which he got through reasons of sentimentality. But I’d imagine he’d still want to be involved in football and might feel that an “upstairs” job at the Lane would suit him.

Do we think he might be trying to position himself as a potential DoF? Realistically, his reputation as a manager has nosedived as far as the top two divisions are concerned and we’re probably his last biggish job, which he got through reasons of sentimentality. But I’d imagine he’d still want to be involved in football and might feel that an “upstairs” job at the Lane would suit him.

In a strange way it probably wouldn't be the worst idea. He knows the club inside.out along with all it's quirks, positives and negatives, and has a decent working relationship again with the owner. He is also someone who you know would be batting for the club against the establishment and isn't afraid to open his mouth if needs be. He could also be a decent link between a younger manager with his own ideas and no baggage from past experiences, and the owners entourage who seem to be somewhat out of touch.

The thing is Wilder seems the sort who wants to control everything and have his beak in all pies, so i would have concerns around whether he could stick to his remit and let another man be the main man re the coaching and tactics of the team. I think at the moment he is still too much hands on and wants to be the main man. If this changes then he could be a decent DoF at the Lane in the future.

In a strange way it probably wouldn't be the worst idea. He knows the club inside.out along with all it's quirks, positives and negatives, and has a decent working relationship again with the owner. He is also someone who you know would be batting for the club against the establishment and isn't afraid to open his mouth if needs be. He could also be a decent link between a younger manager with his own ideas and no baggage from past experiences, and the owners entourage who seem to be somewhat out of touch.

The thing is Wilder seems the sort who wants to control everything and have his beak in all pies, so i would have concerns around whether he could stick to his remit and let another man be the main man re the coaching and tactics of the team. I think at the moment he is still too much hands on and wants to be the main man. If this changes then he could be a decent DoF at the Lane in the future.
Good post Weasel, I like the idea of DOF .Wilder is 56 now with vast experiences. A young coach would add some vitality ! Pigs brought in a young German coach who has given them the opportunity to stay up when really theyed gone.
Fresh ideas ! Yes please!.

Back
Top Bottom