13 points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We've done it. Derby can keep their record. Nobody remembers who was second or third worst. I posted last week about getting to 12 points and calling it a day.

New target let's get above Burnley and take it from there. Amazing what one good result does for the mood.
Next target is to get to 24 and beat last time around

maybe just short of a late tilt at a UEFA CUP spot
but weve seen the seeds of hope sewn now as we come closer to have 11 fit players in a full 90 minutes
amazing how much fitter they look when we are not carrying 4 or 5 crocks playing out of neccessity and in different positions

Won't have to do too much when Man City get deducted 100 points, Everton 30 points and Forest 20 points.

well looking at it we are 13 points but so are Burnley so they are every bit as bad as us g.d. apart
so within reach are burnley luton everton forest maybe palace still

but if we say get to for arguments sake 28 points 5 more wins in last 14. burnley finish on 27 and forest 37 and Everton 37
then both everton and forest get docked 10 points ,,, putting them on 27

I bet therell be much gnashing of teeth and legal shenanigans

its not that outlandish either

Last edited:
We've done it. Derby can keep their record. Nobody remembers who was second or third worst. I posted last week about getting to 12 points and calling it a day.

New target let's get above Burnley and take it from there. Amazing what one good result does for the mood.
The next target for me is to get above 23 points which was the total we were last relegated with.

Would be hilarious if we could now finish above Burnley after all the ‘worst prem team ever’ shouts for us contrasted with ‘Vincent Kompany’s Burnley play brilliant football’.

Agree but there's a strong element of truth in both statements.

When Hecky was manager I couldn't believe how so short of the required standard we were.
What made matters worse is that we didn't seem to have any tactics apart from put almost everyone indolence then boot it long. With Hecky did seriously fear we wouldn't break 10 points.
The irony is that under Hecky the results were much better than the performances.

Also this season when ever I've wathed Burnley they look a decent team.
They remind me of when Norwich came up, playing open attacking football, but it's so naive
I actually predicted to Burnley fans that their team would either finish mid table or bottom of the league.
They all laughed saying they would spend and easily finish mid table. Here's me thinking back, when Norwich were promoted under Farke playing beautiful football their fans said exactly the same and they finished bottom too.

I don't think today will change our season's outcome by any means, but a win is a win and we can finally put to rest the thought of going down worse than Derby. Fair play to Wilder and the players for a huge and very unexpected win.

well looking at it we are 13 points but so are Burnley so they are every bit as bad as us g.d. apart

but if we say get to for arguments sake 28 points 5 more wins in last 14. burnley finish on 27 and forest 37 and Everton 37

Maybe best to review your euphoria after the next 3matches.

Never happen.You're forgetting the "got to think about the fans" loophole.

Agree but there's a strong element of truth in both statements.

When Hecky was manager I couldn't believe how so short of the required standard we were.
What made matters worse is that we didn't seem to have any tactics apart from put almost everyone indolence then boot it long. With Hecky did seriously fear we wouldn't break 10 points.
The irony is that under Hecky the results were much better than the performances.

Also this season when ever I've wathed Burnley they look a decent team.
They remind me of when Norwich came up, playing open attacking football, but it's so naive
I actually predicted to Burnley fans that their team would either finish mid table or bottom of the league.
They all laughed saying they would spend and easily finish mid table. Here's me thinking back, when Norwich were promoted under Farke playing beautiful football their fans said exactly the same and they finished bottom too.
I think the sooner you get to the realism of what the Prem requires then the better you’ll do.

Trying to play tippy tippy with inferior players will get you plaudits but not points, at least until you get on the point of having enough money to buy those better players yourselves.

In the meantime, you’re far better being a team who focuses on being difficult to beat as the odd point here or there can do wonders for you. This is where we’ve failed a fair bit. We just haven’t dug I and spoiled games. We’ve gone at it like we were still aiming for promotion and going for the win.

Look at the season. Once we’d drawn level with City, the ball should have been in the stand and hoofed away whilst we blocked up the entire final third. Larouci’s action a prime illustration where he tried to play, cost us a point, when something more agricultural was needed.

Add to that Spurs. Even when we conceded, Anel launching the ball rather than trying to play it, and holding onto a point would have been sensible.

You can add other matches to this. Away at Villa, Hamer needed not overcommit himself, we should have done all we could to prevent a cross coming in too before Wes made a poor decision. Palace another example where we needed to just spoil the game.

Points there that should have been had by a more conservative mentality, not to mention the flukey defeat we got at the hands of Luton and the poor end to the Forest game.

Back
Top Bottom