Father and son's playing for United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You don't get many fathers/sons who are both keepers. Ray Clemence's son played midfield for one!
I can only think of 4 off the top of my head peter and Kasper Schmeichel, Alan Kelly jr and Sr , Bryan gunn, and his son, mike and Ian walker,

Really? Sure I read in the paper at the time they were father and son. That said it would have been the The Star

Wikipedia doesn’t mention a link, so guess they must not be
Jon Paul was born in Glasgow in 1980 and John was a Forest player at the time

Jon Paul was born in Glasgow in 1980 and John was a Forest player at the time
Thought it might have been a similar case to Scot Gemmill!

His dad Archie was playing for Derby when he drove his heavily-pregnant wife up to Scotland just so she could give birth there to make absolutely sure his baby would be eligible for Scotland- he even NAMED him Scotland to leave the SFA selectors in no doubt as to his origin!

Thought it might have been a similar case to Scot Gemmill!

His dad Archie was playing for Derby when he drove his heavily-pregnant wife up to Scotland just so she could give birth there to make absolutely sure his baby would be eligible for Scotland- he even NAMED him Scotland to leave the SFA selectors in no doubt as to his origin!
John and Jon Paul are deffo not related. I know about Archie and Scott.

It's fate that Billy Sharp's sons play for us one day!

Didn't Kevin Gage's stepdaughter play for us?

I can only think of 4 off the top of my head peter and Kasper Schmeichel, Alan Kelly jr and Sr , Bryan gunn, and his son, mike and Ian walker,

Andy Goram’s father, Lew, was also a goalkeeper.

Joe Ironside’s father, Ian, and grandfather, Roy, were both goalkeepers. They played for South Yorkshire teams (Rotherham, Barnsley) but not for us.

Jussi Jaaskelainen’s son Will is a keeper. He played for a few seasons in the EFL.

Johan & Jordi Cruyff at Barcalona , Patrick & Justin Kluiverts at Ajax, Cesare, Paolo & Danial Maldini's grandad dad & son at ac Milan. Zinedine & Enzo Zidane at Real Madrid just a few of European players that would have graced BDTBL

Joe Ironside’s father, Ian, and grandfather, Roy, were both goalkeepers. They played for South Yorkshire teams (Rotherham, Barnsley) but not for us.

Jussi Jaaskelainen’s son Will is a keeper. He played for a few seasons in the EFL.
Stephen and Ainsley Pears another.

Harry Johnson Sr and Peter Boyle both played in the 1899, 1901 and 1902 finals, United winning 2 of the 3 finals.

Harry Johnson Jr and Tommy Boyle both played in the 1925 final, our last victory.

It's a while since I've checked this but the Johnsons and the Boyles are, I think, the only father-son combinations to win the FA Cup with the same team.

Tom Johnson, Harry Sr's younger son, played in the 1936 FA Cup final. 1915 was the only final we reached where one of the family did not play.

Tom Fenoughty and his brother apparently his son was ceo. I'm not sure though.
Correct and their father, also named Tom, briefly joined the Blades in the 1930’s but didn’t play any games before joining the Millers.

Think Jaaskelainen's younger son Emil plays for Kendal Town as well. Not sure what position he plays though.

I can’t wait for the mother & daughter combo thread

With a Celtic State Of Mind....
  • Stevie Chalmers and Paul Chalmers
  • Andy Lynch and Simon Lynch
  • Rudi Vata & Rocco Vata.

Back
Top Bottom