Match of the Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Spoke about Everton's new striker, granted he was alright. Our new boy scored two absolute stunners (all be it, 2nd went down as a OG) and has gelled with McB almost instantly. The teams played well and we should have won at the end, but nothing.

At least Jenas gave us some brief form of praise!

Spoke about Everton's new striker, granted he was alright. Our new boy scored two absolute stunners (all be it, 2nd went down as a OG) and has gelled with McB almost instantly. The teams played well and we should have won at the end, but nothing.

Can call Archers second an OG all you want. Pickford didn't fluff it, he didn't put it in his own net he was quite simply beat, Archer hit the post and Pickford had absolutely no say in that outcome and he couldn't do anything about it. As far as I'm concerned (doesn't count for much mind) Archer put 2 away on his debut

Btw that's no detriment to Pickford but more a credit to Archer. Same for our first goal, Wes pulled off a good save and couldn't get the second save, bad luck for both keepers if you ask me.

Apart from talking about Beto (who was a real handful), all they could talk about was how Pickford went from conceding an own goal to how he made sure Everton didn't lose. No mention at all of how Archer scored one and made another on his first premier league start.

Whole feature on their new striker who didn’t score, couldn’t even bring themselves to mention Archer’s name.

That was the thing that struck me the most .

A detailed analysis of a new signing who failed to score but absolutely no acknowledgement of another new signing who marked his debut with two sublime strikes , the second one being of the very highest quality coming after a lovely feint to create the space for a shot curled with power and precision .

By and large I’m a big fan of MOTD ( apart from the ludicrous Micah Richards ) but tonight’s summary of our game bordered on being shameful .

A detailed analysis of a new signing who failed to score but absolutely no acknowledgement of another new signing who marked his debut with two sublime strikes , the second one being of the very highest quality coming after a lovely feint to create the space for a shot curled with power and precision .

By and large I’m a big fan of MOTD ( apart from the ludicrous Micah Richards ) but tonight’s summary of our game bordered on being shameful .
Archer's first premier league start as well, youngest English player to score on his first start since Sean Longstaff for Newcastle.

My uncle susan is related to Lineker and says he's a shit wasp cuckold maniac who likes piss games.
it totally makes sense.

Quite pathetic really.

I didn't mind them focusing on Beto and what he might bring to Everton this season, but any half intelligent editor would have intertwined this with Archer as our new striker and what he delivered today.

Instead when it gets to 'our' section, they just decide not to bother and do a section all about Pickford.

Honestly, I don't know why they bother, so I certainly won't be bothering with the shallow, lazy cunts from now on.

Archer's first premier league start as well, youngest English player to score on his first start since Sean Longstaff for Newcastle.

Thanks for that . Do you happen to know who was the youngest to score twice ?

Last edited:
It's a system at this point. A cycle. They constantly hype up the eame teams making them bigger and bigger in the public consciousness relative to the other teams. This makes the teams bigger as these are the teams middle England and the wider world are aware of due to the media. The armchair fans.

They get the glory fans who in turn down demand that this is what they, the TV companies, focus on. A perpetual narrative then emerges; one totally focused on these teams. The rest of the teams are sparring partners for these teams. Sky are dreadful at it. Tonights game: Sheffield United vs Luton ( they proceed to obsess over the latest narrative at a "big six" club for 25 of the 30 pre match minutes). The net result is them essentially birthing ideas like the super league and more unequal distribution of Premier league money as they essentially created the Frankenstein's monsters that are too big to be controlled..

Really easy for me, I never watch MOTD or Football focus live. Fast forward through all the fornicating towards the big 6 and West Ham. Watch our highlights and then delete.

Listening to Alex Scott or whoever else butchering the English language is not in my list of go to activities.

I have gone from the kid who would watch anything on TV about football to the cynical old git who hates the broader game and the obsession with a limited number of teams which then becomes self perpetuating as the TV audience lap it up.

Micah praised us to the skies last weekend about our performance v his beloved Manchester City. He said United were absolutely brilliant.

Spend time on Burnley because of Kompany and Luton because it’s such a good story. Utter Bollox
Spend time on Vincent Kompany’s Burnley and Luton because it’s such a good story. Utter bollox

Sorry had to correct your wording to the now accepted “we’re up your @rse” style of football punditry. This also applies but is not limited too:

Wayne Roony’s Derby
Frank Lampard’s Chelsea
Stevy Gerrard’s Aston Villa
Michael Carrick’s Middlesboro’ (was never Chris Wilders Middlesbro’)

Thankfully I can't watch it here but it's been absolutely shite for years if I have seen clips. I did see Micah's commments last week but that was motd2 without lLineker, Alan Hansen or Mark Lawrenson 😂

Back
Top Bottom