Match of the Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is nothing new, why do some act surprised when we get little to no coverage? We only got good coverage when we were doing well in the PL under CW. These days we’re an under average team scrapping for survival. Burnley have the almighty Vincent Kompany as their manager and it’s Luton’s first time in the Premiership.

I mean. Sky Sports couldn't even get the name of our ground right. So BBC are one up on them mugs already.

This is and always was going to be the way. Its a reyt entiitled, arrogant league. Care more about the branding than the actual football nowadays.

I like being under the radar again. Underdog status is when we do our best.

People still watch this shite when the highlights are on YouTube hours before every single time?

It’s probably not their call. The editors will have more say in which teams get more/less coverage
No they all watch the matches before hand and access the games and commentary , not to mention Archer once is a fucking joke , old lefty jug ears is on way to much money anyway but I must admit I stopped watching it years ago only turned in cus we were on , and TBH wasn’t surprised they never mentioned him , fucking tossers !!

Haven’t watched it for years, including when we were in the Prem first year under Wilder. Wankers.

I think I remember hearing that one of the producers is a pig 🐖 and why the fuck would anyone watch the BBC for anyway. Stop funding it stop watching it
Like all tv stations the BBC has some good programmes and many not to my liking.
I just watch what I enjoy on whatever station it is. Perhaps some on here should try it.
If you don’t like MotD then don’t watch it !

Nothing, new the arrogance has always been there, we’re simply not in a glamorous part of the country or a rich club so until that changes we’ll sadly be in the latter.

I can well believe the "pig on the production team" line.
Archer should obviously have been front and foremost of any coverage for our match for his contributions yesterday in his PL and Utd debut.
Instead they managed to squeeze a still of young players who'd scored PL hat tricks on and left it on screen for ages with some pig in 1975 or something for the team that should not be named!
Unbelievable anti United bias!
F@ck 'em!

Some of the posts on here are a fucking embarrassing. Some laughably weird comments about ‘them’ conspiring against us, the editor being pigs etc. Delusional and paranoid. We are a poor team at this level so not much for them to report that wouldn’t seem negative. We’re just not a very interesting or pretty team in the prem.

We are a team of heart and effort not style. Jenas praised us, and said we were good. Richards said similar last week. I just don’t understand what people are expecting. A feature about how amazing we are? People need a reality check or need to watch more footie to understand that we are average team in a league full of superstars.

Have you seen what those BBC Bastards have done now? Only gone and published a League table and put us near the BOTTOM!!11!

If that doesn't proov their AGENDA nothing will. I hate them so much I'm never going to acknowledge the existence of the letters "b" or "c" ever again. That'll show the unts.

Some of the posts on here are a fucking embarrassing. Some laughably weird comments about ‘them’ conspiring against us, the editor being pigs etc. Delusional and paranoid. We are a poor team at this level so not much for them to report that wouldn’t seem negative. We’re just not a very interesting or pretty team in the prem.

We are a team of heart and effort not style. Jenas praised us, and said we were good. Richards said similar last week. I just don’t understand what people are expecting. A feature about how amazing we are? People need a reality check or need to watch more footie to understand that we are average team in a league full of superstars.
All fair comments but….
Neither are/were Everton so why focus on them?

They probably wouldn’t show all the games if they didn’t have to .

Was praise for you last v Man City .

Probably expected a dour 0-0 draw yesterday .

We’ve had our time in the spotlight, so have Forest. It’s Luton’s turn now.

There’s usually one or two teams who get the focus alongside the big six, everyone else is squeezed in at the end.

You can tell the bias due to how much analysis happens in the big teams v the smaller teams.

It’s on purpose, as the top 6 are why people follow the Prem on the global stage.

That was the thing that struck me the most .

A detailed analysis of a new signing who failed to score but absolutely no acknowledgement of another new signing who marked his debut with two sublime strikes , the second one being of the very highest quality coming after a lovely feint to create the space for a shot curled with power and precision .

By and large I’m a big fan of MOTD ( apart from the ludicrous Micah Richards ) but tonight’s summary of our game bordered on being shameful .
This

All fair comments but….
Neither are/were Everton so why focus on them?
I think because they are a big prem club in freefall and desperate for points. Never been relegated from the prem, hadn’t scored a goal before today so more interesting from a prem fans POV. I think they could have done more on archer but to be honest with you i feel like his goals during the main highlights were the only ‘highlights’ he had. He had 2 chance and 2 great finishes but they would have to replay the same clips so not much to say apart from 2 great finishes. Hard to know but i don’t think our game warranted any analysis apart from the fact archer looks promising. We had positives but by prem standards not much for the average fan to get excited about.

Beto i suppose had more they could unpack outside of the main highlights and the opportunity for them to speak about how he might help resolve a lot of Evertons issues. Good hold up play, good feet etc . Plus Everton being a bigger football brand than us. That would be my guess.

But we won’t get much airtime this year unless we get hammered, hammer another team or play top 6. It’s just the way it is. Luton will have a bit of coverage at the start of the season and once that story has been told a few times will be just like us.

So many people on here come across as little men with chips on your shoulders, If you watched the highlights without seeing the game you would actually have thought that without Pickford we would have won easily. The Everton striker was the story before the game could he score the goals they clearly desperately need? So they looked at how he played. God they must all hate us Lineker cos he never scored against us and then the guy working for them is clearly a pig fan. What else happened yesterday, not much, three hat tricks, a ridiculous offside goal at city. Nothing else to talk about. If it bothers you for fuck sake ignore it. If its as crap as you claim it to be nobody will watch it and it will die. Hasn't happened yet.

Jenas made me smile. “It’s testimony to Sheffield United that we’re talking about how good Pickford was”. No - testimony to how good Sheffield United were would be to highlight the performances of Archer and McBurnie. And, while we’re at it, Wes’ save for the first goal was superb, it’s just a pity that they scored the rebound due to the rest of the defence letting him down.

Don't understand why people still watch it when highlights are available on youtube earlier, and without having to sit through the "analysis". I did watch it last week for the first time in years, due to shit wifi on holiday. Highlight was Alan "Al" Shearer showing exactly how bad Burnleys' defending was then stating that he thinks Luton and Sheffield United will go down.

Archer's first premier league start as well, youngest English player to score on his first start since Sean Longstaff for Newcastle.
Wasn't that our own Jebbo age 17 against Everton in our last season in EPL?

Moaning about top 6 bias from BBC and SKY seems like an exercise in futility in my eyes, ‘‘twas ever thus. I will say we don’t seem to be particularly well liked this time around. Lots of backhanded compliments and lazy comments about how we play. Probably because of the 3 promoted sides, we don’t have the delicious oil money connection (Kompany) or romantic rags to riches story (Luton).

Fuck em. I like it when nobody likes us.

Back
Top Bottom