Match of the Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

just thought it was a bit disrespectful to cameron archer going on about beto without a mention about him least they could have done is praise both of em
This. A young player making his premier league debut and scoring deserves a bit of recognition. I reckon they were expecting Beto to score so had the research on him but did fuck all research onus and had no idea who CA was

I can well believe the "pig on the production team" line.
Archer should obviously have been front and foremost of any coverage for our match for his contributions yesterday in his PL and Utd debut.
Instead they managed to squeeze a still of young players who'd scored PL hat tricks on and left it on screen for ages with some pig in 1975 or something for the team that should not be named!
Unbelievable anti United bias!
F@ck 'em!
Thank you, Vas.And now over to Carol Kirkwood for the weather………

Hardly ever watch it anymore because of the big 6 bias. Got to say though that after our good start in 2019, we did get a lot of good comments. You could even say we became media darlings until COVID came along.

No they all watch the matches before hand and access the games and commentary , not to mention Archer once is a fucking joke , old lefty jug ears is on way to much money anyway but I must admit I stopped watching it years ago only turned in cus we were on , and TBH wasn’t surprised they never mentioned him , fucking tossers !!
Talking of bias, can you remember when Shearer did his first punditry stint after retiring as a player? It was when his beloved Newcastle lost 3:1 to the mighty Blades. All the way through his diatribe he was saying we should have done this, Or we should have done that etc. he never mentioned the Lads at all. It wasn't till he was gently reminded by jug ears I think, that Newcastle actually lost the game, said yes Sheffield played very well. I think someone must have a word in his ear after that performance because he didn't make the same mistake again.

must have a word in his ear after that performance because he didn't make the same mistake again.

These days, they all have their own producer and literally words in their ears.

Can't remember the last time I watched MoTD. I think it was v spurs (2-2) and when we'd just signed Nathan Blake to try to save is from the drop.

I was working last night and came in this morning to watch it on catch-up half expecting that for once, they may be slightly complimentary about us. I was stunned that not only our individual players were not mentioned, but hardly mentioned our club by name. I thought probably it was me being over sensitive about the matter, until I came on here and saw i wasn’t alone. It’s just as though they wish to erase us from the league.
i know the debate about the breakaway top teams joining a European Super League has been floated for a few years now, but with the rise of the Saudi professional league now gaining momentum, it may just bring this nearer to happening and to be honest should that happen, I feel that will be the day we get our own domestic league back to where it was before Sky started killing the game. The leagues will be more competitive, and stupid players fees and crazy salaries will be a thing of the past. We may all then start to enjoy the game a bit more.

If he's not scored against us already I doubt he ever will do now 😉
True but having seen some of our defending this season, I'd fancy his chances.

I don't get the need for the attention. We got it when we were the quirky little northern club that came up under Wilder, it soon disappeared the next season when the next club to condescend presented itself. Beyond picking a team to pat on the head each season, they focus predominantly on the top 6 because they know most of the audience are only really bothered about them. It's the way it is.

Like during the Transfer window whenever that Fabrizio bloke put a tweet out about a transfer to and from a club that wasn't in the champion's league. Guaranteed there would be 5 comments within seconds from little tossers asking him to only share news about big clubs. This is because a huge majority of 'fans' are absolute wankers.

I’ve no idea why United fans still tune in to this Jurassic shite. I wouldn’t watch it even if I supported one of the top sides. It’s dreadful listening to Shearer, Murphy, Richards, Wright churn out the same old shite. And Lineker is the definition of cringe.

This is nothing new, why do some act surprised when we get little to no coverage? We only got good coverage when we were doing well in the PL under CW. These days we’re an under average team scrapping for survival. Burnley have the almighty Vincent Kompany as their manager and it’s Luton’s first time in the Premiership.
Burnley are going down

Some of the posts on here are a fucking embarrassing. Some laughably weird comments about ‘them’ conspiring against us, the editor being pigs etc. Delusional and paranoid. We are a poor team at this level so not much for them to report that wouldn’t seem negative. We’re just not a very interesting or pretty team in the prem.

We are a team of heart and effort not style. Jenas praised us, and said we were good. Richards said similar last week. I just don’t understand what people are expecting. A feature about how amazing we are? People need a reality check or need to watch more footie to understand that we are average team in a league full of superstars.
Agree, I don't think there is any sort of "agenda" as such against us, we're just not a big tv draw for most people outside Sheffield.

However, I also agree with some comments calling MOTD out for their mini-feature on Beto. Yes, he was a handful, but he's a striker, on PL debut, who didn't score. By contrast, we had a striker, on PL debut, who DID score (realistically twice, even though one goes down as an OG). It wouldn't have been too much of a stretch for them to at least have a "compare and contrast" feature of Beto vs Archer, highlighting the good things that they BOTH did in the game, with a little more overt praise for Archer for what was, all round, a superb PL debut.

Wasn't that our own Jebbo age 17 against Everton in our last season in EPL?
"Cameron Archer makes Premier League pledge as Sheffield United seek to build on Everton display - YorkshireLive" https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/cameron-archer-sheffield-united-everton-27641058

Just found the article I mentioned where it says he's the youngest since Sean Longstaff. I presume because Longstaff is older than Jebbo was at the time that they ignore Jebbo because it's comparing Archer's age to Longstaff's age.

Agree, I don't think there is any sort of "agenda" as such against us, we're just not a big tv draw for most people outside Sheffield.

However, I also agree with some comments calling MOTD out for their mini-feature on Beto. Yes, he was a handful, but he's a striker, on PL debut, who didn't score. By contrast, we had a striker, on PL debut, who DID score (realistically twice, even though one goes down as an OG). It wouldn't have been too much of a stretch for them to at least have a "compare and contrast" feature of Beto vs Archer, highlighting the good things that they BOTH did in the game, with a little more overt praise for Archer for what was, all round, a superb PL debut.
Yeh maybe, i mentioned on another post why i think they didnt but i also think they could have as well. I just have an issue with the crazy comments that just because they didnt that there must be some kind of conspiracy between linekar and the BBC to cancel us.

Theses pundits know football, they have lived and breathed it at the highest level for 20/30+ years each. If they aren’t commenting/featuring on us it’s probably because it’s not worthy of a comment.

There is a bias towards bigger clubs but not an agenda or conspiracy. If we do something very well then i’m sure they will want to highlight it.

The level of football we are competing against for media attention is so fucking high. We probably are going to register nothing but a little ripple all season. That’s just how it is as this level. Everyone else is just really really good!

Yeh maybe, i mentioned on another post why i think they didnt but i also think they could have as well. I just have an issue with the crazy comments that just because they didnt that there must be some kind of conspiracy between linekar and the BBC to cancel us.

Theses pundits know football, they have lived and breathed it at the highest level for 20/30+ years each. If they aren’t commenting/featuring on us it’s probably because it’s not worthy of a comment.

There is a bias towards bigger clubs but not an agenda or conspiracy. If we do something very well then i’m sure they will want to highlight it.

The level of football we are competing against for media attention is so fucking high. We probably are going to register nothing but a little ripple all season. That’s just how it is as this level. Everyone else is just really really good!
I don't think there is any conspiracy, it's just that the quality of punditry is shockingly poor.

Puppets like Ian Wright who isn't the brightest and knows fuck all about anything outside of the top half of the Prem and his beloved gunners.

Old jug ears is vastly overpaid for his contribution and can't hide his allegiances.

I actually like Jenas, he at least gave us a little credit and does seem a bit more aware of the wider world.

If the Beeb had any nous they would get someone in like Colin Murray who is a proper football guy who has a great knowledge across the footballing spectrum. Oh and he actually has a bit of Charisma.

Watched MotD. Hardly mentioned anything on SUFC all Everton during highlights. BBC = BIASED Broadcasting Corporation

Are you the Daily Mail, in disguise?
I stopped watching the bbc and paying for the licence during covid. The way they reported it had my parents terrified. When anybody who looked at the facts knew they were blowing it way out of proportion. I know they were not the only channel doing the news that way but it was the only one I paid for.

Surprised so many are surprised or bothered.

I've tuned in less this season than last. Tbf I only normally watch MOTD2 if any.

I don't mind a few of the pundits tbh and Lineker is a good broadcaster but a bit smarmy at times.

It's clear this season that without a big improvement we're going to be s media and punditry after thought.

The more ridiculous money in the game, the more they will fawn over the big boys.

It's part of the reason I watch little PL football on TV any more.

To be fair, we got some decent coverage and praise in wilders first season in the premiership , for good reason though! I don’t think our first couple of matches were much to shout about were they? I get the complaints, especially after the Everton match coverage. It’s all about the big teams . However I don’t think we have hardly set the premiership alight have we!

Surprised so many are surprised or bothered.

I've tuned in less this season than last. Tbf I only normally watch MOTD2 if any.

I don't mind a few of the pundits tbh and Lineker is a good broadcaster but a bit smarmy at times.

It's clear this season that without a big improvement we're going to be s media and punditry after thought.

The more ridiculous money in the game, the more they will fawn over the big boys.

It's part of the reason I watch little PL football on TV any more.

Think it's the way society is these days.

The mainstream media have so much power and are incredibly London biased, followed by Liverpool and Manchester biased.
Then they notice that much of the general public and world wide following are only attracted by the biggest names and biggest clubs.
When there's a limited time slot then the focus will always be on the perceived biggest players and biggest clubs.
So those players and clubs receive even more publicity making them even bigger.

So the big get bigger and the small get smaller.

The only way to break that trend is for Sheff United to appoint a massive name as owner, manager or player.

For example if we had Leornado Di Capper at owner, with Ronaldo brought in as player/ manager.
Then all the media attention would be on us, with other fans complaining.

just thought it was a bit disrespectful to cameron archer going on about beto without a mention about him least they could have done is praise both of em
Yeah, one scored on his PL debut, the other didnt....but he played in blue so clearly must be better

Just heard on Talksport Andy Jacobs when another presenter discussed who Spurs will have up front against us “you’d probably score against that lot”
Don’t know why I bother listening to them. Absolute 80’s for my trip to work from now on.

Back
Top Bottom