CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Having got Trusty in I wouldn't be paying the wages he will want for a back up defender

Pretend we're desperate to sign him but will step aside for Southampton if they sell Smallbone to us.....

Having got Trusty in I wouldn't be paying the wages he will want for a back up defender

I still think we're desperate for some actually good depth at CB. Fully expecting a few suspensions across our back 3 for accumulated yellows. Not to mention if there were any injuries we'd be struggling. Our CB depth is Robbo, Bash and the kids.

If we're to recruit another defender I'd rather gamble on the CBs staying available and sign another LWB instead

Bogle.....  the Biscuit Man of Bramall Lane. Sell him the first chance we get

More than one biscuit man at Bramall Lane but I am sure we can just keep signing more and more players to replace the wounded.

George also picked up what seemed to be a pull yesterday but surely we’re not wasting a loan on this guy and I quite like him as a player.

its always going to be a problem with us salaries we just cant pay enough to get the quality players in we need to survive in the premier league
It's cruel to promoted teams coz they need pump priming money in the first year - they have to spend on transfers which consumes a lot of the first year income which then can't be spent on wages.
If they make mistakes on big money transfers like we did , they're fucked and they'll go down.
Without a sugar daddy , to survive in that first year you have to arrive with a good squad , be cute with transfers and then you've a chance of paying the required wages.
We arrived with a decent squad but blew our transfer budget in 19/20/21.
This time we arrive with a depleted squad (losing our 4 star players) and have even less chance of surviving the first year because of pre-existing financial constraints.
We can really only pick up the players who are not wanted by any other PL clubs or the newly relegated - so by definition we will lack quality and our recruitment will be late because we are the bottom destination for quality players , who want to see if they might get better offers.
We just have to hope for 2 things :
1. The incomers are in an upward curve and turn out better than our rivals thought.
2. The newcomers adjust quickly and the manager can blend them into an effective team before we are too far behind to save the season.

Why don't we sell Egan and bring Mason in? Makes sense, Egan is in the last year of his contract and could leave for nowt at the end of the season.

Egan will probably sign a new one, and isn't made of biscuits. He can stay

baldock didnt look good at the end on saturday so maybe holgate is back in our thinking with bogle injured and this is a big problem for us a few injuries and were done for we would have no chance of staying up

Egan is gunna play out of his skin. He's in the last year, he will show about 75% improvement or so iv been led to believe

Pity he didn’t play out of his skin at the weekend. Why oh why do we let him go up for corners? Please just keep him back in the future.

Could we use one of our PL loans on him after all?

It seems highly possible now that we'll only loan one attacking midfielder

Wouldn't be the worst outcome at all IMO

Could we use one of our PL loans on him after all?

It seems highly possible now that we'll only loan one attacking midfielder

Wouldn't be the worst outcome at all IMO
possibly especially with this injury to george plus he could slot in at rcb if we wanted to switch anel to centre back which i think is his best position

I would give him a chance and make a judgment based on what he produces for us.

But . . .

Only good enough to warm the bench for Championship Southampton. Haven't we been down this road before? Quite recently?

And: we've been linked with Holgate before. Is this the third or fourth time? Clearly a favourite of Mitchell. Feels like a lack of imagination when it comes to identifying transfer targets. I'd welcome a refresh of this side of the club's operations.

Back
Top Bottom