CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think this a signing that makes sense, the player has great respect for the manager and the manager has great respect for the player, when he was on loan at WBA he was great albeit a couple of years ago, plus it's no risk, it's a loan, if hes no good send him back, add a buy option if hes good

I’m not saying that Holgate is better than Everton fans say but I do remember Brentford fans slagging off Egan and O’Connell before they came to us so I’m always a little wary of opposition views. Sometimes a player just fits into one team but not another
If you came on here every player we've ever signed is wank .that's the fans way

i think weve looked at the 2 coady and holgate for another centre back but looks like wolves selling to leicester with coady will probably suit our budget to loan holgate and suggests to me a big chunk of our budget could be spent on tommy doyle and lewis obrien as permanent signings

Everton badly need to sell players before the end of this month (last day tomorrow). FFP window essentially.

Offer them 50p and tell Holgate to get real about wages on a good length contract.

Everton badly need to sell players before the end of this month (last day tomorrow). FFP window essentially.

Offer them 50p and tell Holgate to get real about wages on a good length contract.
Why would he? He can see his contract out and Everton’s FFP problems aren’t his. If they really want him gone then they could pay him up but of course they won’t.

From Ancelotti:

"I did not know Mason before I came here and I was surprised by him,” Ancelotti told the Everton's website. “He showed in this period a lot of quality defensively, he is really focused in his defensive work.

“He has the quality to be at the top as a defender. He is fast, strong physically and good with his head. He is a complete defender. He is really young and wants to improve. He has made no mistakes in the games [under Ancelotti], nothing serious.

From Ancelotti:

"I did not know Mason before I came here and I was surprised by him,” Ancelotti told the Everton's website. “He showed in this period a lot of quality defensively, he is really focused in his defensive work.

“He has the quality to be at the top as a defender. He is fast, strong physically and good with his head. He is a complete defender. He is really young and wants to improve. He has made no mistakes in the games [under Ancelotti], nothing serious.
Yeah but what does he know?
Bloke at Asda in Chap said he was crap and that's why Everton want rid.

We were paying £13,000 a week for Clark which was 25% of his wages. If the rumours about Holgates wages are true then a similar percentage cut would be sensible. He'll provide cover at RB,RCB,CB and DM but not LCB which is the critical defensive position we need to fill at the moment.

The team needs balance and left footers at LCB. In the current absence of RND and Robinson not signing a contract at the moment its vital we bring in a replacement and its not Holgate for this position. No problem with Holgate coming in and providing cover and experience in other positions but you would hope we have the sense to ensure the wages are similar to the Clark deal.
We should be aiming higher than what we was paying for players like Clark. (13k) A division above now.

Man United fans are the most self entitled in my experience, they always make out when watching a game on TV in the pub that their opinion is the only to be listened to, I also like to talk about the other three divisions because it is obvious they know nothing about it.

Just my personal opinion but i would take anything Everton fans take with a huge pinch of salt, never known a more self-entitled bunch

What about the Massive, Man Utd (who think they should be recognised by just 'Utd'), Liverpool, Scabs?

Although a drop down a division, many at West Brom were impressed with him when brought in and bizarrely played RB there. At Everton he was usually used a RB in a 4-2-3-1 type of role, not sure if he can slot in at RCB but he does have a bit of pace about him

What about the Massive, Man Utd (who think they should be recognised by just 'Utd'), Liverpool, Scabs?

Multi League Champions, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup winners, even the Scabs, so like them or not they can back their arrogance up....Pigs don't count, they are just fucking deluded, not self-entitled...

Everton have spent money over the years like they've inputted a Football Manager cheat code and have still done their best to try and get relegated.

Nothing suggests to me they'll be much better this season either.

He’s a good player and I’d be glad to get him but where does he fit for us? We’re arguably strongest on the right side of defence
I’m not convinced he’s coming here…but he’d fit at RCB with Anel moving either to the centre of the three (playing like an old fashioned sweeper) or to CDM

I’m not convinced he’s coming here…but he’d fit at RCB with Anel moving to the centre of the three (playing like an old fashioned sweeper) or to CDM
Spot on, I can’t see why we couldn’t move things around

I’m not convinced he’s coming here…but he’d fit at RCB with Anel moving either to the centre of the three (playing like an old fashioned sweeper) or to CDM
I did think there might be an outside chance of him going into midfield.

Back
Top Bottom