Luke Faxon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reports that Man Utd & liverpool interested in Faxon who Sheffield Uniteds website decribe as a imposing figure between the sticks

I like us signing young players like Curtis etc. But we all need to realise his chance with the blades is probably 2-3 years away from being a first team member.

I'm old enough to remember when a host of big clubs were supposedly interested in Kyron Gordon.
I don't think it's really called for to be digging out young players and Blades, who did nothing wrong when being thrown in at the deep end for us.

They probably were interested. Football at that age is very fragile and luck plays a huge part in making it.

I like us signing young players like Curtis etc. But we all need to realise his chance with the blades is probably 2-3 years away from being a first team member.
And their Chances of getting in 1st team or even bench at 1 of the other prem teams like Manure or titty are slim to to nil eg.Henderson

this should be an easy decision, but it depends whether he keeps his common sense or is seduced by delusion. im not saying this because im biased, because any top 6 team is going fill any goalkeeper they wanted from clubs like us with empty promises

because he could stay here & be in the 1st team in near future. or sign for a big team, disappear be there 6th choice goalkeeper, go on a loan tour of various league 1 clubs, before leaving for Rotherham 4yrs later to get your career back on back

I don't think it's really called for to be digging out young players and Blades, who did nothing wrong when being thrown in at the deep end for us.

They probably were interested. Football at that age is very fragile and luck plays a huge part in making it.

I'm not digging him out. Just making the point that just because big clubs are said to be interested in a particular youngster, it doesn't mean they are destined to be a world beater.

Wonder what has happened to that other young kid, started with H, who went to Man City a couple of years ago? Anyone followed his progress?

Dewhurst
Hiddleston
Hampshaw
Yam

All left in the last 6 months.. is Wharton still here?

Wonder what has happened to that other young kid, started with H, who went to Man City a couple of years ago? Anyone followed his progress?
Kylan Midwood? Still only 16 but now playing for the U18 and doing well by all accounts.

Amir Ibragimov is the one that is doing really well, young Russian lad we had at the academy who Man Utd signed from us. He could be the One that got away.

Kylan Midwood? Still only 16 but now playing for the U18 and doing well by all accounts.

Amir Ibragimov is the one that is doing really well, young Russian lad we had at the academy who Man Utd signed from us. He could be the One that got away.
Thanks. Maybe it was him. I just thought that we had a young player, Havrelund (?) who was playing a couple of age groups above and was bought by City. Must admit, I have never heard of the Russian lad.

"While playing for the Manchester United under-15 side against Tottenham in March 2022, Ibragimov won a penalty after dribbling into the Tottenham penalty area. However, as he did not believe he was fouled, he passed the resulting penalty into the Tottenham goalkeeper's hands, a gesture which garnered national attention."

A bit like the time Steve Simonsen didn't believe we deserved to get promoted, so kicked his penalty into outer space.

Lee Askham was one who left for Manchester United. An England age group international. He made one substitute appearance for Chessie.

Back
Top Bottom