Do you drive a red Citroen C1, reg ending in WXW?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I bought some car stickers about 25 years ago thinking I'd get a car soon. I finally inherited a car a couple of years ago, but the window stickers don't stick any more.
Now your job is to just leave them in random public places.

On a visit to Warwick Castle over 30 years ago, I saw a bloke cycling past who was wearing a Wednesday shirt. My then-girlfriend was not very impressed when I shouted "Piggy bastard!" after him.

The same thing happened about five or six years later, except this time the (presumably different) snort beast was cycling around Countess Roundabout in Amesbury. The look on his face was priceless, as I'm sure the last thing he expected two miles from Stonehenge was to hear someone shouting "Piggy bastard!" at the piggy bastard.

Were you running down the Meadway in Reading with a pram yesterday morning?

Were you wearing a Blades jacket?

If so, I was the person who graciously moved aside to let you pass. Didn't try to get your attention.

Were you running down the Meadway in Reading with a pram yesterday morning?

Were you wearing a Blades jacket?

If so, I was the person who graciously moved aside to let you pass. Didn't try to get your attention.
Next time, "...shag your women, drink your beer..."

On a visit to Warwick Castle over 30 years ago, I saw a bloke cycling past who was wearing a Wednesday shirt. My then-girlfriend was not very impressed when I shouted "Piggy bastard!" after him.

The same thing happened about five or six years later, except this time the (presumably different) snort beast was cycling around Countess Roundabout in Amesbury. The look on his face was priceless, as I'm sure the last thing he expected two miles from Stonehenge was to hear someone shouting "Piggy bastard!" at the piggy bastard.
Gets back home. “Ey up love, you’ll never guess what some Druid yelled at me this morning.”

”Wearing that shirt I can take a wild guess.”

Were you driving through a small West Midlands town this afternoon?
Do you have a Blades sticker in your rear windscreen?

If so, I was driving behind you. Tried to get your attention.

Started singing "Shoreham boys, we are here!" at you, but don't think you'll have heard.

In fact, come to think of it, I'm probably coming across as a bit of a weirdo and you probably won't reply to this thread anyway.

Still, nice to see a fellow Blade. We're all weirdos aren't we?

Bye.
I always get excited randomly seeing a fellow Blade 🙏👍

I always get excited randomly seeing a fellow Blade 🙏👍
I'm glad it's not just me. I still think we're a relatively smaller fan base, and so seeing someone elsewhere is always an unexpected surprise. I saw someone in Mevagissey last summer for example, heading out to the pier bit, original neon yellow away shirt on...*

"We're all Blades aren't we?" I said.

"Too right we are" he replied. That was it. A mutual admiration. Nowt else needed 😍

I also think we're a warm bunch, kidney punching kids and OAPs aside. We're a humble, self-deprecating bunch. The complete antithesis to that sour lot in southern Barnsley.

*I should add, living out of town, I try not to wear owt Blades related in public at the moment, not during our time as a national embarrassment. I think I'd rather get caught in indecent photographs on a front page than walk to the shop in a United shirt at the mo. 😂

I'm glad it's not just me. I still think we're a relatively smaller fan base, and so seeing someone elsewhere is always an unexpected surprise. I saw someone in Mevagissey last summer for example, heading out to the pier bit, original neon yellow away shirt on...*

"We're all Blades aren't we?" I said.

"Too right we are" he replied. That was it. A mutual admiration. Nowt else needed 😍

I also think we're a warm bunch, kidney punching kids and OAPs aside. We're a humble, self-deprecating bunch. The complete antithesis to that sour lot in southern Barnsley.

*I should add, I try not to wear owt Blades related in public at the moment, not during our time as a national embarrassment. I think I'd rather get caught in indecent photographs on a front page than walk to the shop in a United shirt at the mo. 😂
That reminds me of an occasion I was walking into Newquay wearing a Blades shirt. A little VW drove past rammed with blokes. As they passed they sang very loudly "We are Blades, we are Blades. Oh we are, we are Blades..."

That reminds me of an occasion I was walking into Newquay wearing a Blades shirt. A little VW drove past rammed with blokes. As they passed they sang very loudly "We are Blades, we are Blades. Oh we are, we are Blades..."
Which is the polar opposite to walking in me local supermarket the other month, United jacket on...

"You lot are shit, what's even the point?" Some random lad said. "You don't to tell me..." I replied.

Back
Top Bottom