JOC BREWSTER RND

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can throw Bash into that, probably the most innocuous & worse injury seen

Interesting to read the injury table

We’re up there, but not the worse hit, on the flip side ManU / liverpool should have bigger squads to cope

Is it bad luck, shit back room staff or just part of the game?

Looking at the list, there’s probably only West Ham (0), manC (2 big players but have replacements) who won’t be bemoaning their luck

Can throw Bash into that, probably the most innocuous & worse injury seen

Interesting to read the injury table

We’re up there, but not the worse hit, on the flip side ManU / liverpool should have bigger squads to cope

Is it bad luck, shit back room staff or just part of the game?

Looking at the list, there’s probably only West Ham (0), manC (2 big players but have replacements) who won’t be bemoaning their luck
I’d so over the course of the season we’ve probably averaged the most.No idea what the issue is.We could have spent another 60 million and not stayed up because a promoted team needs a settled squad.

I suspect it isa reflection of the modern game. Players are conditioned to look like 400meter runners- zero body fat, connective tissue on the brink of failure, athleticism above robustness. Not their fault at all but they all seem to be one stretch away from a breakdown at any time. Injuries don’t seem to be from contact as much as movement?

I’d so over the course of the season we’ve probably averaged the most.No idea what the issue is.We could have spent another 60 million and not stayed up because a promoted team needs a settled squad.
Over the season we aren’t in the top ten of the table

The club needs to have an in depth look at the training / conditioning & facilities . Yes injuries are part & parcel of the game but ours seem exceptionally high in terms of muscle injury . As you say RND , Brewster and add Baldock , Lowe , McBurnie all reoccurring muscle / soft tissue injuries to add that list too ( Bogle & AA as well ) .
JOC’s was an impact injury so possibly judge in a different light .
Still a lot .. unfortunately at the end of the season & contracts up we cannot continue to carry this amount injuries in our squad .. but need to learn what/if we’re doing wrong going forward ⚔️

For me it's the modern game, the way players are pushed, I think it's just too much, maybe I'm just looking at it with 80s/90s rose tinted glasses, but I'm sure there wasn't the level of muscle injuries there are today

For me it's the modern game, the way players are pushed, I think it's just too much, maybe I'm just looking at it with 80s/90s rose tinted glasses, but I'm sure there wasn't the level of muscle injuries there are today
Pushed too much!
38 league games a season, and five Cup games if we are very lucky.

Whats a concern is the fact it is not just this year ,it's been the last 3 years

It's 100% this- todays modern footballers are more like athletes - training and toning in the Gym - seems like they are honed to go beyond what the body finds acceptable.

Brewsters body cannot cope with the power he is exerting at full pace and just breaks down.

It's 100% this- todays modern footballers are more like athletes - training and toning in the Gym - seems like they are honed to go beyond what the body finds acceptable.

Brewsters body cannot cope with the power he is exerting at full pace and just breaks down.
If you look at the stats most top players (midfielders anyway) cover between 10-12km per game!!

There's a reason Mo Farah doesn't race 10km twice a week for 38 weeks of the year...

It's tough, but that's why the bigger teams have deep squads. We're feeling it because our squad is paper thin!

I think JOC’s injury might not belong in the same category as Brewster and RND. I’ve seen interviews with him since where he’s said he had a knee issue his entire career but it just never impacted on his ability to play. Also his wasn’t a soft tissue injury but was rather caused by a collision with Henderson in training. I think JOC’s is more a case a freak set of circumstances and bad luck combining to cut short the career of one of the best CB’s to play for the club at a time when he was entering his prime and arguably on the cusp of an England call up.

I must have imagined Brewster playing at Wolves then?

I suspect it isa reflection of the modern game. Players are conditioned to look like 400meter runners- zero body fat, connective tissue on the brink of failure, athleticism above robustness. Not their fault at all but they all seem to be one stretch away from a breakdown at any time. Injuries don’t seem to be from contact as much as movement?
I wonder how much is to do with the pace of the game. Even if you watch bits of old games from the 90's a lot of the game looks slower compared to now. Every twist, turn, and tackle is putting more and more strain the faster the player is moving when it occurs.

I've seen something in martial arts and combat sports, probably the best example is Prince Naseem, where some people have muscles capable of more power than the rest of their body can handle. Nas could put more into a punch than his own hands could take and so he was always injuring them and his wrist.

I have long been of the opinion (based on not an awful lot though) that being "good at football" does not always mean that one is a natural candidate for being an elite level athlete.
Athletes, of the track and field variety, are obviously built that way...but are footballers? Does the level of fitness training push their bodies that step too far?

If you look at the stats most top players (midfielders anyway) cover between 10-12km per game!!

There's a reason Mo Farah doesn't race 10km twice a week for 38 weeks of the year...

It's tough, but that's why the bigger teams have deep squads. We're feeling it because our squad is paper thin!
Mo Farah could walk 10k backwards over 90 mins it's only an average of 4mph.. Just above the pace a postman is expected to walk 5 days a week

Back
Top Bottom