Luke Faxon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lee Askham was one who left for Manchester United. An England age group international. He made one substitute appearance for Chessie.
Lee never left us he was released by Blades. His old man put together a video of him and sent it around to clubs, it earned him a trial at Man Utd but they didn’t sign him. Ended up with a short stint at Chessie as you say.

I think that was a case of mistaken identity and bad journalism. Clubs were looking at and subsequently signed Kaidee Gordon from Derby not Kyron Gordon from us.
Sam Graham to Everton was speculated on.

Sam Graham to Everton was speculated on.
Graham did seem to be highly rated under Wilder but never seemed to kick on. Semple as well although his development might’ve been derailed by that injury he suffered against Leeds

Lee never left us he was released by Blades. His old man put together a video of him and sent it around to clubs, it earned him a trial at Man Utd but they didn’t sign him. Ended up with a short stint at Chessie as you say.
Played against him a few times, last I saw him he was playing in the Sheffield Fair Play league on a Saturday morning and he wasn't great even at that level.

this should be an easy decision, but it depends whether he keeps his common sense or is seduced by delusion. im not saying this because im biased, because any top 6 team is going fill any goalkeeper they wanted from clubs like us with empty promises

because he could stay here & be in the 1st team in near future. or sign for a big team, disappear be there 6th choice goalkeeper, go on a loan tour of various league 1 clubs, before leaving for Rotherham 4yrs later to get your career back on back

The player must understand that 99% of the time, especially for keepers the top clubs go foreign when selecting a first team keeper.

Liverpool on your cv though..

this should be an easy decision, but it depends whether he keeps his common sense or is seduced by delusion. im not saying this because im biased, because any top 6 team is going fill any goalkeeper they wanted from clubs like us with empty promises

because he could stay here & be in the 1st team in near future. or sign for a big team, disappear be there 6th choice goalkeeper, go on a loan tour of various league 1 clubs, before leaving for Rotherham 4yrs later to get your career back on back
I’d be off like a shot, if Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool were interested.

He’d likely never get near their first team, but he’d exceed the wages he’d get here, many times over. Plus he’d get much better loans, with any of those three as his parent club.

James Traffords profile would never have been so high as to attract a £19m bid were he at a lesser club than Man City. Jamal Blackman must be a multi millionaire, based on never playing a game for Chelsea?

If such an opportunity comes knocking, he’d be an absolute fool to turn away a four year deal.

He’d likely never get near their first team, but he’d exceed the wages he’d get here, many times over. Plus he’d get much better loans, with any of those three as his parent club.

James Traffords profile would never have been so high as to attract a £19m bid were he at a lesser club than Man City. Jamal Blackman must be a multi millionaire, based on never playing a game for Chelsea?

If such an opportunity comes knocking, he’d be an absolute fool to turn away a four year deal.
IMG_9424.gif

but surely you get into the sport to play football, not just train & collect your wages

Still one or two original teams I think, and a few have changed their names.
My old side is a case in point: St Tom's Wanderers to Civil Service Wanderers to Sheffield Wanderers. Good to see Swallownest Bethesda still going.

but surely you get into the sport to play football, not just train & collect your wages
Of course you do, but being at a top Premier League club will afford a goalkeeper greater opportunities to go out on loan to League 1 or maybe even the Championship, than being st Sheffield United.

Loans for keepers are hard to come by and good standard loans even more so.
The huge increase in wages would just be a bonus.

For comparison, how much football has Jordan Amissah played the last two seasons, while he waits to get the number one spot? Watching other keepers brought in ahead of him? Who’s going to take him on loan when all he’s done is train with the first team and played the very occasional game for the 21’s? What’s more who’s going to take him in June, if he doesn’t get a contract, with that sort of CV?

For comparison, how much football has Jordan Amissah played the last two seasons, while he waits to get the number one spot? Watching other keepers brought in ahead of him? Who’s going to take him on loan when all he’s done is train with the first team and played the very occasional game for the 21’s?
Burton Albion?

Yeah true, exception rather than the rule, if only for the 2 games?

But, you can’t deny, Conference, conference north and Scotland are usually where our loanee keepers get their chance.
If he’d played better he might have got more games.

When Leeds were owned by the madcap Italian, there were shit loads of clubs scouting that shite keeper that the pigs had last season.

Happens all the time. You’d be surprised. Bigger clubs basically hover around until you’re either good enough to take a punt on, or your development has stalled. Sometimes you develop later and they swoop in.

I think it’s fucked up how it all goes down. They buy the family, not the player. It’s shit for clubs like ours. For clubs like City, United. It’s a fucking farm.

Is anyone aware of how close we are to this guy signing a new contract, has impressed every time I have seen him

Back
Top Bottom