Leeds or Everton to stay up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leeds or Everton to stay up

• Everton

Votes: 198 60.7%
  • Leeds

Votes: 128 39.3%

• Total voters
And what exactly does a world heritage site listing mean for a place? It's not like they knocked down a beautiful building for it. Liverpool, the city, having a state of the art premier league ground would likely result in way more publicity than a old dock 🤷‍♂️
Its right on the front of the mersey so the first thing you see is the ground before you see the liver building, cunard and port of liverpool. Whilst the stadium might look asthetically pleasing, its still a footy ground

Its right on the front of the mersey so the first thing you see is the ground before you see the liver building, cunard and port of liverpool. Whilst the stadium might look asthetically pleasing, its still a footy ground
Has anyone even thought a working dock is a sight worth visiting? I get a small picturesque one but a quick look at what was there beforehand suggests a lack of tourists visiting to see it.

Everton going down would be interesting for a whole host of reasons.
Would think they might do what Newcastle have done recent past and get up at 1st or most 2nd ask of trying.

Leeds going down would mean we are technically top Yorkshire team again and after super bielsa theyve been largely dire for 2 seasons.

I'm expecting Everton to get a win and stay up though.

Feel like Leicester will rue not scoring that chance late on in Newcastle match.

Leeds to stay up for me.
Don't dislike them to that degree. Big Yorkshire rivals and they'd be a couple of great matches.

Has anyone even thought a working dock is a sight worth visiting? I get a small picturesque one but a quick look at what was there beforehand suggests a lack of tourists visiting to see it.
Oh absolutely. And ofcourse you have deep water dock that is located not a million miles from me but you'd be surprised what people on cruise liners will accept and what they wont! The fun thing would be if they have any commentary on the ship "And on your left now, you will will "insert Evertons new ground name" home of Championship Everton.

Oh absolutely. And ofcourse you have deep water dock that is located not a million miles from me but you'd be surprised what people on cruise liners will accept and what they wont! The fun thing would be if they have any commentary on the ship "And on your left now, you will will "insert Evertons new ground name" home of Championship Everton.
Seems it's next to a sewage works. The cruise ship customers still have that to admire even if the former coal dock is being rejuvenated 🤷‍♂️

Both will have much more financial clout than us next season whatever division they are in, I'd probably prefer Leeds to stay up because surely they are running out of lives in the PL, could be next season's Southampton.

We need as many rivals out of the way as possible. Sunderland and Boro were going to out spend us but offered similar stability, so I wanted Luton to go up.
Leeds might have a hell of a lot more money but geographically it could make a difference to a loan player, so I'd definitely like to see those thats relegated.

Funny how anyone who has grown up surrounded by or worked with Leeds fans has this view..
They don't have anyone to knock them down again when they get too up themselves. We have them across the city, there's multiple clubs in Manchester, London etc.

Sheffield, Monday after a defeat:
"Ref were biased, EFL out to get us, McBurnie best striker since Pele..."
"Shut up you daft twat. You lost 3-0 cos you played like shite, and the EFL don't care enough about the blunts to bother."

Leeds, Monday after a defeat:
"Ref were biased, PL out to get us, Gnonto best striker since Pele..."
"Yeah, and they all know we're coming for them that's why they're scared. Who else has been deducted 17 points? Everyone hates us, we don't care. Revie, Hunter, Bremner, Champions of Europe, wah wah wah."

Most clubs, on the whole, are good for football. Leeds on the other hand can fucking do one.

Seems it's next to a sewage works. The cruise ship customers still have that to admire even if the former coal dock is being rejuvenated 🤷‍♂️
Yeah there is also a lot of scrap metal being shipped out and that has an interesting smell when wet, which is Liverpool is frequent.

Individually Leeds fans are okay. But when they get get together they're a bunch of twats. They seem incapable of shutting up, and keep breaking out into Leeds chants - even at non-football events.

Working in an office with two Leeds fans in 2019 was absolutely superb. There was also a Villa fan just to help rub it in when the playoffs came around.

Just seen the report from 2023. So typical that EPL dither or don’t enforce the rules. Ridiculous that if Everton found to have breached rules over last 3 years that nothing will happen until season 2023/24. I wonder what it will be? A £5 mill fine because it would be unfair on their fans to relegate them (see Wetsham v SUFC) or points deduction in 2024 which will be “suspended” or too few to cause relegation.
Watch this space!

PS best for us if Leeds or Leicester stay up.
If Everton may be in for a points deduction next season surely it's better for us if they stay up this year.

I think a lot of posters on here are jealous of Everton because for the last 50+ years they've been in the position that we aspire to.

The team that we prefer to stay up should be the one that will have the least chance of surviving in the premier next season.
they have all overspent and are sailing close to the wind financially, but Everton have a new stadium to fund and are in danger of being docked points and for that reason I would like them and Leicester to go down.

If Everton may be in for a points deduction next season surely it's better for us if they stay up this year.
Big Club. Points deduction.

Can't see it.

It will be slap on the wrist and fine to subtract from the millions they get from tv money.

I think we learnt from Spurs that darling clubs seldom get what they deserve when they rolled over and let Sugar take a 1.5m fine and hardly any points instead of 600k and quite a few.

I'm over the whole West Ham affair. I think a few on field results laid that to rest. But same again they overthought that when points were the simple and obvious solution.

In Italy, a supposedly far more corrupt group, at least the authorities hit Jive and relegated a few a while back. Not here though, it's too much of a cartel, like Turkeys voting for Christmas amongst the elite.

You watch, won't happen.

For me Leeds staying up gives us a better chance of staying up ourselves next season. Plus a very juicy local derby.
Not really, Everton are in a financial mess and can't spend. Spot light is on them. Leeds on the other hand may well make up for under investment over the last 2 seasons .

I don't ask for much in life but if those footballing gods could see their way clear to relegate Leeds and Neverton I would light a candle in thanks.
Pleased for Luton yesterday but disappointed as I'd have liked Lockyer if they'd lost.

Back
Top Bottom